Alternate/Unbuilt classical architecture.

Original plan for grand central. A later revision had a giant 1950's era box tower, which was shot down by the local government...via the supreme court.
8xDQdJ1.jpg

Later ugly design
rlqsqEA.gif

Roosevelt island project
cm6mYvc.gif

Last edited:
Some random postings, not sure what many of these are. Various hotels and ultra-luxery bathhouses from the mid 1800's.

ERHilUI.jpg

CmU1b67.jpg

lcskgAh.jpg

im7PF5T.jpg

tumblr_mx9phvkIPt1qgpvyjo1_1280.jpg

Palace for Exhibitions, France. I'd kill for a convention center that looks like that.

W2YGvGS.jpg

A monument for Washington. Or of Washington.

6YYzFlk.jpg

pqABhjp.jpg

Something a bit unique, design for a cemetery and church.

tumblr_myumswpGmA1qgpvyjo1_1280.jpg

I would imagine this is a sort of diagram/white paper for a possible monument.

tumblr_mxvkmzvSey1qgpvyjo1_1280.jpg

A public bath atrium. I think that is a man for scale on the bottom left.

tumblr_mxqbae9OH01qgpvyjo1_1280.jpg

Here's the victory bridge proposal that was made to build in New York due to America's victory in WW1. Sorry if this hasn't been posted already.

bridge.PNG

...Interestingly enough, the location of that "Civic Center" is the site of an OTL highway interchange...talk about bad taste...

...Interestingly enough, the location of that "Civic Center" is the site of an OTL highway interchange...talk about bad taste...

If I had the time, I would love to explore a walkable, transit orientated america TL. With major cities like LA have far smaller footprints and a heaping dose of both art deco and City Beautiful movement architecture.

Anyways, more buildings:

tumblr_n1tse9eP5o1qgpvyjo1_1280.jpg

The Grand Arch of the Peristyle at the World’s Columbian Exposition in 1893, Chicago

tumblr_n6bgniS9Yj1qgpvyjo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n63y88u1551qgpvyjo1_1280.jpg

Palazzo Pesaro, Venice

tumblr_n4z3p3255d1qgpvyjo1_1280.jpg

Singer Building, New York City.

Oh look what I found. A proposed and partially built library in Brooklyn.

srNNDlz.jpg

FLCm6dM.jpg
dxFzhNc.jpg
oF6k2oK.jpg

This is what was actually built, then later removed (or at least I think it was removed).

B5clMWl.jpg

Starting to realize that this thread comes up a lot in google image search if your looking for unbuilt architecture.

PnvreOX.jpg

Below is the Chateau Qu'Appelle, a victim of the great depression in Regina, Canada.

gYgLC2n.jpg