Alternate Royal Styles

Your Divinity (in a pagan theocracy where the king is seen as the embodiment of a god)

Your Protector[ess]

Your Defender[ess]

Your Keeper [of the faith, the realm, etc]

On two ends of the spectrum;

H. Most Celestial Majesty
and
H. Most Infernal and Maleficent Majesty

I don't figure many would want to use the latter, but yeah.

On two ends of the spectrum;

H. Most Celestial Majesty
and
H. Most Infernal and Maleficent Majesty

I don't figure many would want to use the latter, but yeah.

Maybe the second would be granted posthumously to a really bad monarch, like a reverse canonization.

Deleted member 70671

IIRC, polish and other languages get their word for "king" from Charlemagne (according to... google translate :eek: it's król in polish)

Perhaps the same fad spreads to other languages?

A King who took pride in his intellect might demand the title "Sagacity."

Similarly, a Cardinal of the Catholic Church who later became a King might choose to reinforce his religiosity by retaining the title "Your Eminence." If he was remembered well, the style might extend to other rulers in imitation.

A "might makes right" King might prefer "Your Worthiness."

The pattern of "Your Xness" is a holdover from Late Antiquity that didn't become commonplace until early modern times. If it was not popularised, you could easily have different styles of address. Late medieval and early modern English kings were addressed as 'Your Grace' or 'Sire'. Versions of 'My Lord' were also common. In Middle High German, we find things like "Herr König", "Herr Graf" which can roughly be rendered as "Sir King", "Sir Count" etc. That kind of style could easily survive and sprad, basically "gendered honorific + title".

A more military minded king could go for something like "King Commander" perhaps although it's a bit clumsy for a styling.

A more military minded king could go for something like "King Commander" perhaps.

Hm that I think would work best for a German state if for no other reason than it sounds better in German (König-Kommandeur/Königkommandeur) than anything else. ;)

Most Faithful Majesty - King of Portugual

Most Catholic Majesty - King of Spain

Most Christian Majesty - King of France

His Britanic Majesty - King of Britain

This could be extended for more countries and religions.

Deleted member 70671

Like how the German and Russian words for Emperor came from Caesar?

Yes. And my suggestion could work in the way that if you say "kaiser" or "tsar" people will get that you're talking about a german/russian emperor.
Likewise, people would get that "król" refers to the king of said polish entity.