Alternate Republic of China Navy- ideas and discussion

Impressive, now they just need a domestically designed and built Bomber, and a heavy lift Transport. That would nicely round out their Capabilities.

Tu-22M3 is not enough? With air refuelling it can reach USA from USSR.
But Tu-160 Copy would be cool too. One piece was in Ukraine. So they might bought one.

abc123

Banned
But Tu-160 Copy would be cool too. One piece was in Ukraine. So they might bought one.

About heavy lift transport, they will have that ( but I will leave that for my following TL about RoC Air Force )...

About bombers, well they do have Tu-22M3 for now and China will work on something more advanced to replace it in 2015-2020 period, but again, stay with me in my new TL that will start in next few days...

;)

About heavy lift transport, they will have that ( but I will leave that for my following TL about RoC Air Force )...

About bombers, well they do have Tu-22M3 for now and China will work on something more advanced to replace it in 2015-2020 period, but again, stay with me in my new TL that will start in next few days...

;)

Sounds great please link when it's up. :)

I think the RoCAF can do better ITTL, they can leap frog to a stealth super cruising platform that can dominate the eastern Pacific.

abc123

Banned
RoC Navy Auxiliary Ships in 2015:

3 Peace Ark-class hospital ships

800px-HS_Peace_Ark-1.jpg

3 Qiongsha-class oceanographic research ships

3x.jpg

5 Ruichang-class hydrographic research ships

4x.jpg

3 Li Siguang-class large hydrographic research ships

1x.jpg

3 Wuchang-class ocean surveillance ships

3x.jpg

5 Hudong-class spy ships

3x.jpg

3 Yuan Wang-class tracking ships

2x.jpg

5 Bi Sheng-class testing ships

3x.jpg

2 Daxing-class training ships

2x.jpg

2 Bohai-class repair ships

4x.jpg

4 Liugong Island-class submarine rescue & support ships

3x.jpg

4 Kancha-class diving support ships

1x.jpg

5 Daozha-class fleet tugs

800px-Anglian_Monarch_Coast_Guard_cropped.jpg

2 Xue Long-class icebreakers

800px-Xue_Long_2014-10-30.jpg

1 Xiangyanghong-class deep sea diving support ship

5366888685089239575.jpg

2 Jiaolong-class bathyscaphes

HTB1eDv6FVXXXXbiXFXXq6xXFXXX3.jpg

and finally,

5 Ju Gui-class vehicle transport ships

5647.jpg

Last edited:

abc123

Banned
2015- Evacuation

In early 2015 Houthis- shiite militia in Yemen started to take over Yemen. Soon, they managed to take allmost all former North Yemen, but they continued to press for southern part, and especially for Aden. That triggered intervention from Saudi Arabia and other GCC-member states. China declared their neutrality in the conflict but warned all sides that China expects that international sea-lanes along coast of Yemen must stay secure and that China is ready to use force to insure that.

There was about 600 Chinese nationals in Yemen at the start of conflict. So, with conflict spreading, China decided that she will evacuate it's citizens from Yemen. At the time, amphibious combat group ( consisting of RoCS Anhui, one LPD, one Kwan-class frigate, one Dalian-class destroyer, one Sui-class SSN and one Kunlun Shan-class replenishment ship ) was at the time on route back to China. But, they were ordered to proceed to Yemen and take position 30 miles SE of Aden.

So, when order for evacuation was issued, they started to extract Chinese nationals.

9b588bf805e083a2b814d7a54bedb351_zpsgfnabocs.jpg

Evacuation went without problems. China previously informed both sides that she will use force against anyone that tries to make problems during the evacuation. Also, more than 300 persons from other countries was extracted after a demand for assistance from these countries. Evacuees were transported to Djibouti, where China will send several military transport aircrafts to pick them up and return to China.

abc123

Banned
Yeah that's where having a proper Navy pays off, no one jacking around with your citizens during a crisis.

Well, even the OTL Chinese Navy managed to do the trick, but I would rather have amphibious ready group at my disposal than only two frigates...;)

Well, even the OTL Chinese Navy managed to do the trick, but I would rather have amphibious ready group at my disposal than only two frigates...;)

Wow that must have been a tight squeeze...:eek: I hope they didn't try to haul hundreds of civies back to the PRC on a couple of Frigates.

abc123

Banned
Wow that must have been a tight squeeze...:eek: I hope they didn't try to haul hundreds of civies back to the PRC on a couple of Frigates.

Nope, they just transferred them to Djibouti, that's just a few hours of sailing away. From there chartered jets brought them back to China.

abc123

Banned
Base in Madagascar

As naval base in Gwadar and Kyaukpyu ecame operational, RoC Navy started to think about some base that is closer to Africa. Africa had growing importance for China, mainly as source of raw materials and energy, so China wanted to have a place from where they can protect their interests in Eastern and Southern Africa.
Base in that area would also help to fight piracy in Horn of Africa that started to spread recently. Pirates now attacked ships all the way to Seychelles or Tanzania, so China wanted to find some location for, at first, small resupply base, but that could later be developed into something much larger.

After careful analysis of Chinese strategists, as best option appeared Madagascar. Former French naval base Diego Suarez ( now Antsiranana ), at northern tip of Madagascar had excellent location for future Chinese naval base. It had one of best deep sea ports in Indian Ocean and lots of area where all necesarry things, like air base or barracks, could be built. Also, Government of Madagascar was poor and it could be expected that they will accept the deal that would not cost China much.

398px-Diego_bay.JPG

Diego Bay, Chinese wanted to establish base on northern shore

So, Chinese diplomats were ordered to start negotiations with Government of Madagascar. China was interested for a long term-agreement, because if economy of Madagasar improves, they could later ask for more money.

MG-Antsiranana.png

Last edited:
I know the Chinese want a good deal, but I hope the People of Madagascar get some good out of this deal and it doesn't just line the pockets of the local Fatcats. Rant mode off, good to see you updating this from time to time. :)

abc123

Banned
I know the Chinese want a good deal, but I hope the People of Madagascar get some good out of this deal and it doesn't just line the pockets of the local Fatcats. Rant mode off, good to see you updating this from time to time. :)

And China will take care that local community get's it's share...;)

Yes, I will update it from time to time when I have a good idea...

abc123

Banned
Chinese ships in the Mediterranean

As one of the consequences of pretty lame response of RoC Navy on emergency situation in Libya in 2011, where RoC ships were far away in Indian Ocean and pretty unable to provide assistance on time, RoC Navy started to think about sendind at least one frigate in Mediterranean Sea.

So, after careful planning and diplomatic preparations, China decided to send additional Kwan-class frigate ( from Southern Command ) to their base at Gwadar. Also, one Kidd/Shaanxi-class destroyer ( from Northern Command ) will be sent into Gwadar too. From there, one frigate/destroyer will be sent into a Mediterranean Sea on these long patrol missions. Frigates/destroyers deployed to Gwadar will rotate on these missions.

Chinese diplomats have reached the agreements with Cyprus and Algeria about replenishing of their ships there with fuel, food andother things under commercial terms.

On the other hand, China decided that it will obviously need more frigates than previously anticipated. So they decided to order one additional frigate and tanker-replenishment ship from 2015 to 2018. so that Gwadar have additional units based there.

They also decided that in future Chinese LPH/LHA or carrier and it's battlegroup will be permanently deployed in Indian Ocean. They will be sent from China on cruises and one such group will be permanently in IO region. Later, when new carrier ( RoCS Zheng he ) is commissioned ( around 2020 ) China will have one CBG and one ARG permanently in Indian Ocean concurrently.

%E9%A9%85%E9%80%90%E8%89%A6%E5%9F%BA%E9%9A%86%28Kee_Lung%29.jpg

Kidd/Shaanxi-class destroyer