Air and Space Photos from Alternate Worlds.

Oh Russia... :)

Here's some cool drawings I found, featuring Mi-24 Hind in NATO liveries! (More here)

USCGHind1.jpg~original

USMCHind1.png

SpanishHind1.jpg

RNHind1.png~original

RCAFHind1.png~original

RAFHind2.png

Some more:

IsraeliHind1.jpg~original

SAAFHind1.jpg~original

ThaiHind1.png~original

Last edited:
That's about as convincing as a US aircraft as the F-5 is a Russian one.
If the USCG did adopt the Mi-24, they would probably take off the chain gun and replace it with an IRST TV camera.

I like how the MiG in Top Gun is supposed to be this super highly-maneuverable fighter jet, but when you look at it, you can clearly see that its control surfaces are very small.

Last edited:
A quick drawing of a Republic-class Star Destroyer, which the Galactic Republic uses during the Clone Wars in my Star Wars prequel rewrite. This is probably the only ship I'm going to make, since the rest are either totally new designs or modifications of the OT designs. The Republic-class Star Destroyers were the ones that I couldn't really picture in my head, since the Republic has a raygun gothic theme to them, but the Star Destroyer is famously angular. So, I decided to draw it.

RepublicStarDestroyerFinal.png

Incidentally, Baxter has actually used the Ares patch as a plot point in one of his latest novels, Ultima. There, it turns out that in at least one universe, Ares crashed- and got duplicated to other universes. <end spoiler>
I am reading this book now, and just got to the part where the Ares patch is described. It is clearly an alternate version, it is a triangle with gold border. Sounds a bit like the STS Program patch. I may need to design this one.

I am reading this book now, and just got to the part where the Ares patch is described. It is clearly an alternate version, it is a triangle with gold border. Sounds a bit like the STS Program patch. I may need to design this one.
I read Voyage.
And it was AWESOME.

I read Voyage.
And it was AWESOME.

These are some pics I'm working on for a friend of mine La Rouge Beret who's planning on doing a TL about COBRA (the one from G.I. Joe) setting up shop in the 1950s. The TL will be in the ASB forum and my friend requested some aircraft with a sci-fi look to them, ITTL COBRA has many former Axis personal in their ranks including scientist, engineers and of course military personal.

COBRA also has acquired some alien tech from a UFO and my friend told me to have some fun with the designs, make em look cool in other words but we still want them to be plausible designs (well somewhat plausible ;)). I decided what could be more fun than mixing Hollywood sci-fi with Luft.-46? :biggrin:

Here is the first design, its a Horton Ho-229 with the engine nacelles from a Cylon raider of Battle Star Galactica.

BRnodIq.jpg

I'm thinking of calling this plane the Viper.

This plane started off as the Focke Wulf Fw-1000 and I all I did was try to make it look a little sleeker and I also added a third engine. To the right is the OTL design.

POHEokD.gif

I'm thinking of calling this one the Quetza after Quetzalcoatl the winged serpent god of the Aztecs.

This next plane is a redesigned Horton Ho-8, a late war design that was never built. I've again added the engines from the Cylon raider but I've redrawn them a little and each nacelle holds two engines, a cargo-troop transport trans sonic plane in the same class as the C 17 Globemaster.
I've added the multi wheel landing gear of an Arado Ar-232 transport plane because COBRA will be using this plane where needed and that can be in some very rough terrain on ad hoc airfields.

1X3fshp.gif

this plane will be called the Anaconda, Annie for short.

None of these designs have been finalized, I have no engineering skills and I'm not half the designer that "Just Leo" is but even though these planes are for an ASB TL both La Rouge Beret and I would like them to be somewhat realistic and so I would like to request of you good people who peruse this thread to give me any advice, suggestions or constructive criticism for these designs. I especially would like to hear suggestions regarding the Anaconda, I think it'll play a big part in the TL and I and the author would like this one to be as plausible as possible.

I thank you for any help you folks have to offer in advance.

Could something like the Mobula from Guns of Icarus theoretically exist?
http://gunsoficarusonline.wikia.com/wiki/Mobula

image.jpg

I'm not suggesting a victorian tech level per say, but im talking about some kind of air ship which has the balloon on the bottom of the ship rather than the top?

I would say rather improbable, it has to do with the center of gravity.
all that mass on top makes the center of gravity rather high, and this CoG wants to be as low as possible, so it has a tendency of tipping over.
like the swedes in otl found out with the Wasa
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasa_(ship)