Air and Space Photos from Alternate Worlds.

Discovery undocks and prepares for deorbit.
1986-11-6a deorbit prep-sm.jpg

Bringing the Discovery onboard the Belleau Wood. The crew would have been too week to get out of the spacecraft in the ocean, so the capsule was towed into the dock.
1986-11-6d Discovery Recovery.jpg

80'ties US space station based on Marshall "Power Module" studies:
Phase I: Power Module free-flyer giving power for extended Spacelab missions
Power%2Bmodule.png

Phase II: Node for future expansion and "leave-behind" experiment pallet:
Phase%2B1.png
Phase III: Airlock for support operations on external pallets. All pressurised experiments and living space are still in Spacelab and shuttle deck.
airlock.png
Phase IV: Habitation Module: Some comfort during 30-day stays: kitchen, toilet, space for sleeping.
hab.png
Final shape: with two more pressurised labolatory modules, giving space for leaving microgravity experiments between shuttles visits.
completed.png

80'ties US space station based on Marshall "Power Module" studies:
Phase I: Power Module free-flyer giving power for extended Spacelab missions
Power%2Bmodule.png

Phase II: Node for future expansion and "leave-behind" experiment pallet:
Phase%2B1.png
Phase III: Airlock for support operations on external pallets. All pressurised experiments and living space are still in Spacelab and shuttle deck.
airlock.png
Phase IV: Habitation Module: Some comfort during 30-day stays: kitchen, toilet, space for sleeping.
hab.png
Final shape: with two more pressurised labolatory modules, giving space for leaving microgravity experiments between shuttles visits.
completed.png
Is that the same power module that Revell made a model of in the 1980s?

Marshall "Power Module"
Was 1970s study for enhance the Shuttle capacity in Orbit.
by providing electrical power by Solar cells, for Orbiter at 56 KWe max (day side) and constant 25 KWe (day night cycle).

The Power Module could had be the core for Mini space Station in 1980s
sadly the New Reagan Administration show no interest it "Power Module" if i recall right it was victim of budget axe together with the Planetary programs in beginn 1981...

With the help of Tim Gagnon and Bill Coukoulis Jr., both patch designers for shuttle and ISS missions, I have come up with a patch based on the description in the book.

This is unrelated, but since you worked with those people, do you think you could come up with a list of design tips for such patches?

This is unrelated, but since you worked with those people, do you think you could come up with a list of design tips for such patches?

Well, here is what we did. I had the basic design and they were able to come up with several variants. Changing fonts, color of the fonts, darker background, making the rocket larger and placing it so the flame was between names. We also had versions with different stars and suns and mixed them around so they worked together. Since this was my first try and these guys are experts, I was very happy with how close it is to my original version and how much stayed the same. It is a combo of STS-2, which ironically. launched 35 years ago today, and Apollo 12 with the gold border.

Some alternate aircraft designs I did for some friends who were planning on writing TLs but either never got around to doing them or got banned.

5UfpgqR.png

tTNmBYl.gif

YTv8pa7.gif

Mi-24 Hind in U.S. Coast Guard livery.

It's actually from a 1991 Soviet movie called Loaded With Death. Soviet movies that featured the U.S. military would often use Soviet equipment mocked up to look American.

13267954_928667957231963_4567509448842393204_n.jpg
13232886_928667917231967_2527136822828625323_n.jpg
15285030_695833513914477_3984284027315038182_n.jpg

Last edited: