The Prussians were a Baltic tribe that inhabited the region known as Prussia. Proudly pagan, they were able to fend off the forces of Christendom for longer than most. But while they held out for a while, they couldn't hold out forever, and they were eventually subjugated and assimilated by the Teutonic Order. Over the course of several centuries, they were assimilated into Germanic culture.

Your challenge is to have things somehow go in reverse; that is, the Prussians taking over Germany.

Happy April Fool's day, by the way.

I think that you has either eliminate Christianity or convert Prussians to Christianity earlier and get support of some other nation to defeat Germans. And I am not sure if they can do that alone. Were Prussians ever very numerous people?

I think that you has either eliminate Christianity or convert Prussians to Christianity earlier and get support of some other nation to defeat Germans. And I am not sure if they can do that alone. Were Prussians ever very numerous people?

I don't think so - some estimates i've seen put the area at about 200,000 people in the early 13th century, but the Prussians were also highly divided, being split on ten independent tribes. I can't find estimates on Germany's population at the same time, but i presume it would be many times more numerous.

Last edited:

kholieken

Banned
By 12-13th centuries there already five millions germans at minimum. So its already too late.

It have to be earlier. Perhaps Rugii conquer saxons and keep Charlemagne stays east of Rhine ? With french/christians threat to west, germanic tribes might accept prussian / wendish overlordship permanently.

Normally I'd say people should not be able to tell it's a joke by the date of the post alone, but the original post actually mentions it is a joke.