AHC: Make Hitler a Jewish supremacist

Just what it says on the tin. Pods are limited to after Hitlers service in the German army in 1918. Bonus points for making him still come to power

Hitler becoming Jewish supremacy with post-WW1 POD is simly ASB. There might be ways to make him lesser antisemitic but Jewish supremacist is simply impossible. And even if you take earlier POD and mange make him such, he is not with such going to be elected as leader at least not in any European country. Such person has not much chances in Europe.

Ummm…he wangs his head really hard, forgets his anti-Semitism and ends up nursed back to health by his old CO, who was Jewish? Then he decides Jews are awesome and takes it too far?

Just what it says on the tin. Pods are limited to after Hitlers service in the German army in 1918. Bonus points for making him still come to power
Hitler can easily become philosemitic post WWI. But the most power he could realistically get is as an official in an organization for Jewish war vets (frankly, him being Gentile born is probably not going to work in his favor for getting a leadership in a national, non-veteran Jewish organization, and being Austrian born would probably be a barrier for electoral success), or the publisher/editor of some Yiddish newspaper.

Hitler can easily become philosemitic post WWI. But the most power he could realistically get is as an official in an organization for Jewish war vets (frankly, him being Gentile born is probably not going to work in his favor for getting a leadership in a national, non-veteran Jewish organization, and being Austrian born would probably be a barrier for electoral success), or the publisher/editor of some Yiddish newspaper.
Wasn't their a theory that Hitler was the grandson of Rothschild maybe that's true in this TL and he finds It out?

Wasn't their a theory that Hitler was the grandson of Rothschild maybe that's true in this TL and he finds It out?

I have heard theories about Jewish grandfather but never Rothschild one. And this hardly is quiet much enough. It is one thing make him lesser antisemitic/fully tolerant with Jews but quiet hard make him totally Jewish supremacist and impossible to get such person to power. No one vote someone who declares being Jewish supremacist.

If Germany still loses WW1 ITTL best politicial position what pro-Jewish Hitler might hope to get is seat in Reichtag but nothing more.

I have heard theories about Jewish grandfather but never Rothschild one. And this hardly is quiet much enough. It is one thing make him lesser antisemitic/fully tolerant with Jews but quiet hard make him totally Jewish supremacist and impossible to get such person to power. No one vote someone who declares being Jewish supremacist.

If Germany still loses WW1 ITTL best politicial position what pro-Jewish Hitler might hope to get is seat in Reichtag but nothing more.
Odd maybe I just misremembered though to be fair enough he might head to Israel when that becomes a thing.

This'd have to be pre WWI. Even then, the only way I can see it happen is if Hitler becomes convinced that his grandfather was in fact Jewish. Even then, I think for this kind of curveball the following would need to happen
  • Alois Hitler takes the theory his biological father was Jewish more seriously while Hitler is a kid. Perhaps he makes a deathbed confession to Adolf and that helps change his outlook
  • Klara Hitler's doctor manages to keep her alive for a few more years. IOTL her doctor was one of the few Jews Hitler saved. If he saves her, this could be the beginning of a path where he drops his anti-semitism
Even with that, him being a Jewish supremacist is ASB for me. Best case scenario is that he remains a moderately successful Austrian or Weimar politician who agrees with Churchill on matters regarding Jews.

Garrison

Donor
Odd maybe I just misremembered though to be fair enough he might head to Israel when that becomes a thing.
But why would that become a thing? Without Hitler the Nazi's probably never rise to power and even if they did you are not likely to see anything like WWII and no Holocaust basically means no Israel.

I can see some scenarios where, as posters above suggested, Hitler comes to believe he has actual Jewish ancestry (does not matter if true or not) and comes to embrace his supposed Jewishness. He might become a Zionist and migrate to Palestine, where a "Jewish Supremacy" agenda had actually some chance of him getting into some elected office. Then, things diverge from OTL in ways that make pretty much anything impossible to predict, so you can range from 'Adolf Hitler, the political heir of Zeev Jabotinski in a relatively peaceful Mandate and led the transition to independence', to 'Adolf Hitler, the totalitarian dictator who oversaw the Palestinian Deportations'. High potential for disturbing results here.

I can see some scenarios where, as posters above suggested, Hitler comes to believe he has actual Jewish ancestry (does not matter if true or not) and comes to embrace his supposed Jewishness. He might become a Zionist and migrate to Palestine, where a "Jewish Supremacy" agenda had actually some chance of him getting into some elected office. Then, things diverge from OTL in ways that make pretty much anything impossible to predict, so you can range from 'Adolf Hitler, the political heir of Zeev Jabotinski in a relatively peaceful Mandate and led the transition to independence', to 'Adolf Hitler, the totalitarian dictator who oversaw the Palestinian Deportations'. High potential for disturbing results here.
Adolf Hitler president of Israel is simelantously the most cursed and funny thing I have ever heard of

This thread feels like it’s in rather poor taste.

Having said that– this isn’t specifically Jewish supremacist, but if Hitler had ended up with a much more favourable opinion of Jews from a young age, perhaps he could have seen them as an integral part of the German nation (thanks to language similarity etc) and ended up with a German supremacist viewpoint which included Ashkenazi Jews as Germans– and thus he’d end up desiring an invasion of Poland/Ukraine with putting the Jewish populations there at the top of the pyramid above the Slavs.

I can see Hitler adopting a Revisionist Zionist ideology wherein the Jews ought to found a Jewish-supremacist state in Palestine (and, coincidentally, get out of Europe to do so). Throw in some claptrap about Ashkenazim being basically half-European, and therefore racially superior to the much more semitic Sephardim and Mizrahim. "Yiddish is basically German, after all."

I can see Hitler adopting a Revisionist Zionist ideology wherein the Jews ought to found a Jewish-supremacist state in Palestine (and, coincidentally, get out of Europe to do so). Throw in some claptrap about Ashkenazim being basically half-European, and therefore racially superior to the much more semitic Sephardim and Mizrahim. "Yiddish is basically German, after all."
This would likely sound very odd in the Interwar German mainstream. And it would make it sound Zionism was a German colonial enterprise in disguise, which probably would make Britain a lot less willing to support the Yishuv.

This would likely sound very odd in the Interwar German mainstream.
Yeah, probably. It's not too likely, but it seems to me the easiest way to go from Hitler's OTL views (which already in WWI were based on German supremacism--there's an account where he supposedly got angry at his fellow soldiers for visiting French prostitutes for this reason) to anything that can remotely look like Judeophilia.
And it would make it sound Zionism was a German colonial enterprise in disguise, which probably would make Britain a lot less willing to support the Yishuv.
Also likely, but it at least creates a point of contact between the German far right and any aspect of Jewish political thought. Avraham Stern proposed a similar partnership IOTL, but was very quickly rebuffed by the Nazis IOTL.

I based the idea off the OTL cooperation between the Polish government and some revisionist Zionist groups, which extended to official training for Jewish militias to fight the British and establish a Jewish Palestine. Whether it's at all possible in Germany, I do not know.

I don't think the British would let him into the Mandate (don't want him inflaming tensions there)

Yeah, probably. It's not too likely, but it seems to me the easiest way to go from Hitler's OTL views (which already in WWI were based on German supremacism--there's an account where he supposedly got angry at his fellow soldiers for visiting French prostitutes for this reason) to anything that can remotely look like Judeophilia.

Also likely, but it at least creates a point of contact between the German far right and any aspect of Jewish political thought. Avraham Stern proposed a similar partnership IOTL, but was very quickly rebuffed by the Nazis IOTL.

I based the idea off the OTL cooperation between the Polish government and some revisionist Zionist groups, which extended to official training for Jewish militias to fight the British and establish a Jewish Palestine. Whether it's at all possible in Germany, I do not know.
The Nazis were willing to at least to talk with the Zionists when it suited them, despite the underlying mutual hatred, so I don't think your scenario is impossible, just unlikely.