AH Challenge: Korean-British Cold War

With a POD of no after 1000 AD
60,000 BC: Ug accidently drowns. (IOTL, he survived.)

Result: None, except that Russia is called "Britain" and North America is called "Korea".

Seriously, assuming you meant "no earlier than AD 1000", I guess the hard part is turning Korea into a superpower. Britain was, if not a superpower, very close to one at its height IOTL.

Well, if we place them at 1000 AD, they are fairly matched, more or less, in their future potential. Seriously, our timeline is a Britwank to the extreme in my opinion. Korea could, potentially, become a meaner and stronger version of Japan, and/or get to Australia before the British. Likewise, 'Britian' might be limited to England and Wales, maybe Scotland. Britian had more potential to fall apart than Korea.

i think it would be a hard to do because the koreans are hermits and thus not able to demostrate global promince so unless u get a strong leaser then no korean superpower

i think it would be a hard to do because the koreans are hermits and thus not able to demostrate global promince so unless u get a strong leaser then no korean superpower

The Goryeo dynasty were not hermits, they traded with Arab merchants from the Middle East. Only later, the Joseon Dynasty cut itself off from the world and became known as the hermit kingdom.

^That's lame to think that Koreans are and have always been hermits. They controlled most of Manchuria during the 500s and had alliances with the nomads of present day Mongolia by the 600s.

Give them time, a few changed circumstances, less influence of the either pro-China or conservative elements of the scholar class, and China's existence ends (not just politically, but culturally so that the ruling Koreans don't turn into another Yuan or Qing Dynasties), and we could get a superpower Korea.