A Storm of Steel and Fire (an alternate WW2 history)

Thanks for the last change, Tanner151. It's a nice touch that Italy transfers its rights on the Oran region to Spain

Egypt has managed to keep Sudan?

If United Nations will exist after this alt WW2, which will be the permanent members of its Security Council? Indeed, in view that will surely be the main countries of the three ideological alliances (eg: Germany, USA, UK, USSR, China -if it unifies by the forthcoming referendum on Chinese unification, probably observed by UN- Italy and other, could be a Latin American country (otherwise, it could be Spain, for there is some representation of the Spanish-speaking world -after all, France was able to be a permanent member in the OTL Security Council when for almost the entire war was a collaborator state of the III Reich-), Turkey, Free France or an independent India), I support each of these states had a right of veto, but will only be truly effective when one (if the permanent members of UN Security Council are seven) or two (if they are nine) other of the permanent members also exercise their right of veto. That way there would be more room for diplomatic solutions to international conflicts during this rare Cold War.

Will we soon see a world map after the WW2?

PS: I hoped that Hitler had decided the annexation of a larger part of Denmark (Jutland, plus Danish Frisian islands and others islands west of Great Belt/Little Belt), reducing the Danish state to the Baltic islands east of Great Belt/Little Belt -if he not order the full German annexation of Denmark, citing the Aryan/Germanic similarity between both peoples-. Thus Germany had a higher margin to control the entrance to the Baltic Sea and "protect" the Scandinavian countries.

500px-Denmark_regions.svg.png

Denmark divided into regions (the island colored in red and marked in a square is Bornholm)

German occupation over Denmark, Belgium, the Netherlands, France and the Eastern Territories are internationally recognized, as are Italy’s claims to Greece (minus the portions taken by Bulgaria and Turkey, also recognized), Yugoslavia, Tunisia, Algeria, Malta and Italian-occupied France. The German puppet states of Chechnya, Croatia, Greater Syria, as well as the National Republic of the Ukraine and Republic of Egypt are recognized. The Sinai Peninsula is recognized the Republic of Egypt’s eastern border.
I read this as Germany pretty much annexing those parts.

I read this as Germany pretty much annexing those parts.

Tanner151 said:
August 23rd, 1945- Germany formally annexes Luxembourg, Eupen-Malmedy, Northern Schleswig, and central Poland (the former General-Government) into the Reich. Plans for the future annexation of the other Occupied Territories are laid out: Eastern Poland and Lithuania by 1946, Latvia and Estonia by 1947, Northern France by 1948, Central and Western France by 1950, Belarus by 1951, with the other vast swathes of former Soviet-territory is to be annexed starting in the early-1950s and scheduled to conclude in the mid-1960s. Germanization and Aryanization of these areas have been in full swing since each territory’s occupation and with peace secured they would take prominence in German internal affairs for decades. Already German colonists are dispatched to the non-annexed territories to lay the groundwork for the eventual annexation.

Last edited:
The Post-War world:

1945-1955: Most of the world is occupied with reconstruction of Europe and integration of new territories. The Reich leads in European industries such as chemicals, metals and armaments. Most of the minor Axis countries become closely tied economically with German capital financial new industries and expansion in the East. Hitler dies in the late 40's with a more technocratic regime taking over. Occupied Russia and the East are largely depopulated but remain a bleeding wound of partisan warfare. The average German consumer gains access to the wealth of Europe with the highest standard of living, only those high enough in the party can obtain restricted goods from the West.

The average consumer in the West also sees a rising standard of living but for many in the Axis minor states, minor Allies or Soviet Union only those middle class and above sees gains such as automobiles, home ownerships etc. All states have a degree of state planning of industries, censorship and conscription with the Alliance the lightest and the Soviets/Axis the heaviest.

1955-1965: Concern over Civil Rights for minorities, women and others begin to bubble up in the West as a generation of University educated men and women begin to agitate. Stories from Europe and Asia of treatment of minorities, women and 'undesirables' lead many in the Alliance to demand better treatment of their own people. Alliance economies begin to change from heavy industries to computer and service economies. Japan and Republic of China begin to grow as suppliers of cheap goods. Axis economies begin to slow except in countries with a more mixed model with smaller companies outmaneuvering bigger rivals. Soviet Union liberalizes to a degree.

Alright everyone, apologies for no Epilogue as I had said there would be. I have been focusing on my other timeline and with school so I haven't had the motivation to write it. I've decided there won't be an epilogue. The timeline is over and ended well I think.

When summer comes around I'll start the 2.0 revision (which will have the epilogue) and hope to have this in book form in a year or two.

I want to thanks everyone for all the support and feedback. When I start the revision I will come on here and ask for opinions and feedback and when the story nears completion, a beta reader or two.

You all have made this an incredible journey. Thank you.

Just letting everyone know that miner249er has posted the store timeline in Finished Timelines and Scenarios. So if you want to read and not go through the comments, you can check it out there.

I have a question. Once you are done with all the other timelines you would be doing, would you come back to this one and do a Cold War timeline with the three Superpowers?

I have a question. Once you are done with all the other timelines you would be doing, would you come back to this one and do a Cold War timeline with the three Superpowers?

It’s possible. I’d really want to do the 2.0 revision. Miner249er’s upload to the other thread makes me want to reread it and begin the revision. We’ll see if that happens. When I finished this timeline I was really burnt out on it and I’m focused on my Fulgrimian Heresy.

No promises on starting this back. I’ll keep it in mind but nothing may occur. This really wore me out when I was writing it.

Last edited: