A Khan in Constantinople

Sorry I had written a whole chapter but I lost everything by accident It may take some time to return so do not harbor expectations for an early update.

I am not sure if it is clearly OK to continue TL written by another writer even despite that about last update is few years and writer hasn't seen there almost one year. Might be still better if you ask on Help and Rules forum is this OK or then ask that moderators via PM.

I am not sure if it is clearly OK to continue TL written by another writer even despite that about last update is few years and writer hasn't seen there almost one year. Might be still better if you ask on Help and Rules forum is this OK or then ask that moderators via PM.
It would also be better go start your own thread rather than post in this one. Just link your thread here and state your source in the new thread to allow for continuity.

You should either secure permission from the author to continue his works, or start a new and separate story that is candid about drawing inspiration from A Khan in Constantinople.

Well, I love this history and I think I may have a solution to the before-mentioned-by-others problem, but I don't know if it is legal and/or just to continue without asking the original author.
I will continue it regardless, because the author hasn't been seen since 2015 (in the forum I mean) and I have some good ideas I don't want to forget. Try to comment orderly please,

I am pretty sure that's not "legal" to hijack the TL from the author.
I mean the owner of the TL might come back and what then?

I once continued the 'dead' TL myself.
But that was a different situation - the person who started the TL was banned for life, and there was no hope whatsoever that s/he would ever come back.

Aishio, I guess, you might start a new TL, a new thread I mean, and in the first post paste the link to this thread and state that this is your version of continuing this TL.
That would be fair...

I am pretty sure that's not "legal" to hijack the TL from the author.
I mean the owner of the TL might come back and what then?

I once continued the 'dead' TL myself.
But that was a different situation - the person who started the TL was banned for life, and there was no hope whatsoever that s/he would ever come back.

Aishio, I guess, you might start a new TL, a new thread I mean, and in the first post paste the link to this thread and state that this is your version of continuing this TL.
That would be fair...

Russian you are right I just think it is too difficult to ask th author since he isnt seen since 2015. I don't want to hijack the TL from Basileus, the credit is his, I just want to continue it. All the credit goes to him of course. I would say that in every future post of course, I just want to continue this fantastic story.

Russian you are right I just think it is too difficult to ask th author since he isnt seen since 2015. I don't want to hijack the TL from Basileus, the credit is his, I just want to continue it. All the credit goes to him of course. I would say that in every future post of course, I just want to continue this fantastic story.

What if Basileus444 is back to continue this TL...
What would you tell him?

What if Basileus444 is back to continue this TL...
What would you tell him?
If you get permission from the moderators what is there to worry. And an author who is last seen a year ago can be seldom considered to come back and continue this timeline. I too would like to see this fine piece of work back to life. Especially if someone is expressing interest in continuing an intriguing timeline I would rather encourage him to do so even if it were my timeline.

So whoever wants to continue this timeline has my support.

Well if he came back I would say "Hey man, I continued your fantastic timeline, gave you all the credit, don't know why you couldnt or didnt want to continue it, I'm very sorry for that, and I thought I had good ideas to continue your work."
And also how do I contact the moderators to ask them?

Well if he came back I would say "Hey man, I continued your fantastic timeline, gave you all the credit, don't know why you couldnt or didnt want to continue it, I'm very sorry for that, and I thought I had good ideas to continue your work."
Which is why you would start a new thread and do that in there. If he does come back he can continue where he left off without your writing providing a massive gap he'd need to look through.
And also how do I contact the moderators to ask them?
Send them a message. This is probably more a question for Ian the Admin since it falls under the rules stuff but Calbear could probably answer it too.

I know that even if I left I'd be very disappointed to see someone pick up my timeline without my consent.

I'd urge you to start a new timeline rather than carrying on an old one that isn't yours.

Ok thanks people I will (probably, still thinking about it) start a new thread wich start with a "What if the author decided to continue the timeline?" question wich I will answer myself with my new completion of the story. Still waiting for the moderators aproval and when i have his say in the question I will compare it with yours and then decide on what course of action. Thank you for not letting this TL go die forgotten.