BP Booker

Banned
:D
It seems America is much more willing to expand now that theres no need to keep the balance between free states and slave states.
And good to see the Abolitionist Party still going strong

Let it never be said watching old threads is a waste of time. Glad to get a new chapter, it's great.
Now I just need to remember what all has happened so far.

Appreciate all the interest!:)
Let it never be said watching old threads is a waste of time. Glad to get a new chapter, it's great.
Now I just need to remember what all has happened so far.
I can see this being a problem. Here's my attempt at a quick summary up to this point:
-Due to a couple votes that were close OTL going a different way, slavery is far more stunted from the beginning in the US. "Border states" are almost all free. The Federalists also survive.
-War of 1812 is averted and partisanship dominates. Like, really dominates. The Federalists look like the OTL Whigs while the Republicans are taken over by southern aristocrats. Andrew Jackson founds his own party, the Democrats, with blackjack and hookers.
-The Republicans throw a hissy fit when someone with abolitionist leanings (William Henry Harrison) is elected President. A Jax hangs all the traitors, the slaves revolt, and southerners agree it was a bad idea.
- Things settle down. Just kidding. The President dies and everyone hates JQ Adam's his VP, so there's a succession crisis. It leads to a second Constitutional Convention where they outlaw slavery and strip the President of most of his domestic powers.
-Southerners are okay with this because they're either freed slaves or they have figured out how to maintain white supremacy with the Black Codes, the "next best thing" to slavery.
-Federalists rule for a bit as the Republicans die off. Then last update happens.

The Glorious Empire
On September 22nd, 1853, the entire world changed. A purple film surrounded much of Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. Only Britain, Prussia, parts of Russia and Austria, and Scandinavia were spared. The rest, up to and including India and all of Africa beyond the Congo, glowed purple and were impassable.

On September 23rd, the film cleared, and in its place stood the greatest Empire the world has ever seen, the bastion of civilization, Rome.

In Constantinople, Emperor Theodosius LXVI was concerned. He was convinced this was the work of the Mongol-Aztec alliance, which had sought to snuff out the light of Roman civilization for decades.

An attack was immediately ordered on the Aztec outpost of Britain. The British tried to resist but they were met with 1500 GALLONS OF GREEK FIRE dumped from glorious imperial airships. By the time the Romans had realized what was going on, the British had already surrendered.

Meanwhile in the United States, drastic measures were taken. A mysterious man from the future who identified only as "The Yank" came with many AK-47s to be used against the Roman Imperials. Lord Jesus Christ descended from the heavens with George Washington to lead the Americans. Instantly American scientists had figured out how to create atomic bombs, vaccinate, make Panzer tanks (but ONLY Panzers!), and generally advanced technology 90 years.

They needed all the help they could get. Realizing that their beautiful steampunk empire was decades ahead of the rest of the world, the Romans struck at the rest of the world- East Asia, Oceania, Africa, and North America.

The stage was set for a battle to determine the fate of the world. At this point I, the author, feel the need to point out that at the time of this war, there was a lot of woman on woman sex going on. Just a lot. So much so that if I were to write a book about it, I'd spend most of the time just describing the sex. But I'm not, so I won't.

Also, when you weren't paying attention, Sealand managed to take the Congo and are now fighting the Romans too.

at first i was like whaaa but then i realized when it was and i was like OHHHHHH now i get it.

10/10 clearly defined part of the timeline with no faults whatsoever

Hey all,

Currently my intention is actually to restart this TL. I've enjoyed it and wouldn't mind continuing, and have a lot of ideas I want to run with. But I really want to flesh out and change quite a bit of the early part of this TL, both to better explain why what happened happened and to make some changes that will have a large effect down the road. I've learned a lot writing this TL, and I think my quality has improved as this TL progressed, so I'm excited to rewrite the early parts with a higher quality in mind.

I also think going back and improving things will help me get past the current plausibility and writing based blocks that exist in this TL for me. I expect to be working a lot on Version 2.0 this summer, so if you're still a fan look forward to that. Expect the beginnings of my TL after my finals end in early May.

Hope you show a look at the wider world ITTL...
That is the number one thing I want to do. I'm realizing the Europe ITTL will be far different than OTL due to a variety of factors. Another area I'll be spending a lot of time in is Latin America, where there will be butterflies both influenced by what happens in the USA, and influencing it.

That and providing more depth on why abolitionism developed stronger and earlier as well as generally fleshing out the early actors ITTL will be what you can expect in ADVADN 2.0. Speaking of, if anyone has any ideas on a different title, now would be the time to consider it. Feel free to respond or PM me if you have a good idea.

That is the number one thing I want to do. I'm realizing the Europe ITTL will be far different than OTL due to a variety of factors. Another area I'll be spending a lot of time in is Latin America, where there will be butterflies both influenced by what happens in the USA, and influencing it.

That and providing more depth on why abolitionism developed stronger and earlier as well as generally fleshing out the early actors ITTL will be what you can expect in ADVADN 2.0. Speaking of, if anyone has any ideas on a different title, now would be the time to consider it. Feel free to respond or PM me if you have a good idea.
Let Freedom Ring, perhaps?