A Blank Map Thread

Here's a giant equirectangular world map I made, all hand-drawn that distinguishes between reservoirs (recently formed bodies of water are colored the same even if they're not reservoirs), salt pans, and natural lakes. It's in 1:2 8K resolution, large enough to show lots of detail but not too large to be unuseable.

I call it... E-BAM!

This will become the basemap for at least 2 of my future videos.

e_bam_blank_world_map_by_algolz-dbij2aw.png
Wow! How long did that take?

Here's a giant equirectangular world map I made, all hand-drawn that distinguishes between reservoirs (recently formed bodies of water are colored the same even if they're not reservoirs), salt pans, and natural lakes. It's in 1:2 8K resolution, large enough to show lots of detail but not too large to be unuseable.

I call it... E-BAM!

That's an amazing map, awesome job. Also, are you the person that made the video of continental drift from 3.3 ga to 300 mya? If yes, you are double amazing.

I call it... E-BAM!

Can you make a political version with less lakes? It would be awesome, as this map :0

Does anyone have a blank map of New Guinea? Specifically the western part of the island (Bomberai Peninsula) ? I need a large one for my TL.

Guys I tried using @Algol 's E-BAM making Ukraine and it is really simple, WAY simpler than Q-BAM or M-BAM. Having a complete equirectangular map is perfect!

oEXCzoD.png

Last edited:
Well, I have begun my 58 Part Linguistic World Map. I'm not sure if I'll get all the way to 58, or if I'll run out of colors beforehand. But, at least I've gotten to Part 5!

So, yeah, I'm going to share on this site every fifth update that I complete (the rest can be viewed on dA). Glotolog 3.0 is what I'm using to define languages, and dialects are not shown to make a tough job just a little bit easier. Each language has its own color (for now, at least), and a chart can be viewed below (do note that territories are included in the nation they are controlled by).

linguistic_world_map_1__wip_5__low_countries__by_neneveh-dbkiscq.png

l1_color_scheme_by_neneveh-dbi2aew.png

Hey guys, does anyone happen to have a Blank Europe map (high-res around 2000px) With provinces outlined. Preferably larger provinces.

Hey guys, does anyone happen to have a Blank Europe map (high-res around 2000px) With provinces outlined. Preferably larger provinces.
I am making a political one using larger provinces (I am using first and second level administrative divisions that have about the same size, not too small) starting from @Algol 's equirectangular map (E-BAM), for now I made Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia. I am making Turkey and Albania.

The method I am using is VERY simple. I search for example "Ukraine 'oblast equirectangular map" and I usually find what I want. I fill every oblast (or regions, for other countries) with a random color (I don't use similar color in near provinces, since I'm colorblind) and later I add an other layer in paint.net with "darken" and I resize the coloured map. From the first layer, I draw the map.

In drawing, I try to not doing this:
x8XHrIr.png

Last edited: