A Blank Map Thread

Thande

Donor
That's useful, ES, but I think Ireland's too far north and west relative to Great Britain - I realise you've put that together out of two separate maps...

These are of course the traditional counties used for 1000 years and more, before the Tories decided to do a bit of gerrymandering in the 70s :rolleyes: so they ARE the ones that will generally be of use in any given AH.

These are of course the traditional counties used for 1000 years and more, before the Tories decided to do a bit of gerrymandering in the 70s :rolleyes: so they ARE the ones that will generally be of use in any given AH.
How old are the Scottish and Welsh counties?

That's useful, ES, but I think Ireland's too far north and west relative to Great Britain - I realise you've put that together out of two separate maps...

Yeah, I noticed that too......fixed!

I don't remember where I found the map of Britain, probably on this site. Ireland I had to resize, move, thicken, clean up and draw in the counties, in that order.

British Isles.PNG

Thande

Donor
Yeah, I noticed that too......fixed!

I don't remember where I found the map of Britain, probably on this site. Ireland I had to resize, move, thicken, clean up and draw in the counties, in that order.

Excellent. :cool:

@Imajin: To be honest I'm not sure...I think they're a little younger than the English ones (esp. in Ireland which was divided for longer) but I'd have to look it up.

A blank map of Europe, in my North American color scheme.

This comes from that Eduplace site that Oth linked too, though it took alot of work to get it to this point.

SourceEU.png

I'm done with Africa. I also made a few corrections to SA and made all the region borders grey, since it's easier to make them grey to black than the other way around.

Pink represents nations or places that were too small/densely divided, and I couldn't do so on the map. Other colours represent regions with enclaves, special situations and the Somalia mess (Somaliland, Puntland, Mogadishu, Southwest).

I'm quite proud.

mapa.PNG

I'm done with Africa. I also made a few corrections to SA and made all the region borders grey, since it's easier to make them grey to black than the other way around.

Pink represents nations or places that were too small/densely divided, and I couldn't do so on the map. Other colours represent regions with enclaves, special situations and the Somalia mess (Somaliland, Puntland, Mogadishu, Southwest).

I'm quite proud.
Excellent...