Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
ef5cYyA.jpg

Some things from the future? (I.e. my rough prediction for Canada's election next month). I look forward to be proven wrong :D.

7p1iHup.png

qNKInEY.png

pfNMnZK.png

NQyoe2G.png

Last edited:
Loads of easterners in that cabinet - granted it's the Liberals, so they're not going to have much choice in the matter. Also, surprised at how far back the Finance Minister is in the order of precedence.

Overall, capital work - can't speak for its realism, but I can tell you put a great deal of effort into it.

creepy_zpsebozkfae.png

A rising star in the Liberal Democrats, Elizabeth 'Liz' Truss is often painted as the 'Lib Dem Thatcher' by the media. Often lauded for being able to hold on in such a marginal seat in a normally quite conservative part of the country, Truss was finally promoted to the frontbench team by Cameron (she was originally planned to be in the team following the 2012 election, but tapes of her condemning the monarchy damaged her stock and saw her remain on the backbenches). She is often rumoured to be seeking the leadership, especially with her recent criticisms of the government's policies on pork...

Brownverse
David Cameron
Nick Clegg
Michael Gove

Eric Pickles

Loads of easterners in that cabinet - granted it's the Liberals, so they're not going to have much choice in the matter. Also, surprised at how far back the Finance Minister is in the order of precedence.

Overall, capital work - can't speak for its realism, but I can tell you put a great deal of effort into it.

Amen. Great stuff that looks like it'll be fun to compare to how the actual election turns out.

(Turns out True Grit is secretly Trudeau in disguise and this is him leaking his plans)

Thanks!

I tried to make each region (the West, Ontario, Quebec, and the Atlantic) roughly equal to their overall share of population, but the Atlantic in particular is ridiculously over-represented given that they have to have at least 4 cabinet ministers anyway, plus I gave them a fifth (Yvonne Jones in Labrador) to give cabinet representation to the North and to provide gender parity.

As for the Finance minister, he's only that far back because he's a first-term MP with a last name near the bottom of the alphabet. But yeah, kinda surprising nonetheless.

Amen. Great stuff that looks like it'll be fun to compare to how the actual election turns out.

(Turns out True Grit is secretly Trudeau in disguise and this is him leaking his plans)

It's the Liberal version of a focus group.

Some things from the future? (I.e. my rough prediction for Canada's election next month). I look forward to be proven wrong :D.

Interesting speculation, and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. You rarely see cabinet and ministry infoboxes. I'd be happy with that result (even if I'd be happy with Tom Mulcair :p)

Sidenote, but are we ever going to get the 2020 election in Four for Gore?

What if the outsiders in both parties managed to win the 2016 presidential nominations, causing the establishment of both parties to get so angry that they end up forming their own separate parties? I know this is very implausible, but it is an interesting scenario, nonetheless. This is my first time trying to make an infobox, so constructive criticism is very much welcome.
2016_worst_outcome.png

Last edited:

If that happens I'm moving to the bunker.

Honestly though I'm starting to think that we're going to get a Tory minority, or at the very least a Tory Official Opposition.

Very realistic. The polls are suggesting a Trudeau victory and your other info is highly accurate.

Interesting speculation, and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. You rarely see cabinet and ministry infoboxes. I'd be happy with that result (even if I'd be happy with Tom Mulcair :p)

Sidenote, but are we ever going to get the 2020 election in Four for Gore?

Thank you both.

And yeah, the 2020 election is on the way for Four for Gore, but I've been delaying posting it just because I'm not exactly eager to do the write-up quite yet.

If that happens I'm moving to the bunker.

Honestly though I'm starting to think that we're going to get a Tory minority, or at the very least a Tory Official Opposition.

Yeah, the last couple of days have made me think it's more and more likely that the NDP is going to collapse (or at least fall out of the three-way race). But I still the Liberals are going to pull ahead, largely due to the "Anybody But Harper" effect and because the campaign really hasn't been all that good for the Conservatives. And even if the Conservatives come out ahead, I'm willing to bet that coalition or no coalition the Liberals and NDP will cooperate and force him from office.

Bush and Rubio are both from Florida, so they legally can't win Florida.

And usually DC is added on as "+DC" in the states carried slot

Thanks for the tip!
Also in response to everyone else, the main idea behind this infobox started out as just a thought exercise by myself to think up a scenario where Donald Trump wins the 2016. And looking at past trends in the presidential elections and how often Democrats have won, the only way I could see some as brash as Trump winning is if the Democratic vote got split in two. Then, I got kinda of carried away and decided to make it an election where both of the parties split in two, and added in the Cruz/Palin ticket as a bonus. :D Also, I didn't look too deeply into the running mates for each candidate and just added them in based on who's vote the candidate is after. Carson for the evangelicals, Paterson for the African-American community, etc.

Yeah, the last couple of days have made me think it's more and more likely that the NDP is going to collapse (or at least fall out of the three-way race). But I still the Liberals are going to pull ahead, largely due to the "Anybody But Harper" effect and because the campaign really hasn't been all that good for the Conservatives. And even if the Conservatives come out ahead, I'm willing to bet that coalition or no coalition the Liberals and NDP will cooperate and force him from office.
What's exactly happened with the NDP recently that's turned them from favored winner to will not have more seats than Trudeau?

Status
Not open for further replies.