Go Back   Alternate History Discussion Board > Discussion > Alternate History Books and Media

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old December 27th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Communist Wizard Communist Wizard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1000 or more
Are there any games on the Internet that are free, and are in the civ/HoI/etc. style? How much does this cost, or can you get it free?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynnead View Post
Who the heck is Jonathan Swift?

NETAJI An Indian revolution by S.C. Bose!
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old December 27th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Mr. BoJangles Mr. BoJangles is offline
Grand Master of the Bad Touch
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: On a Unicorn that shits your name in Stars
Posts: 1000 or more
Send a message via AIM to Mr. BoJangles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy811 View Post
The mod comes in two versions, one compatible with JSGME. It's a nifty little tool that helps you install mods on lots of different games. It can be found here and is user friendly

http://www.beerymod.com/sh3_003.htm

no, thats not the problem, though i appreciate it.
my computer ended up getting a virus a while back. and now the sceanarios aren't working at all. none of them. i have no mods. and i cant uninstall the game to fix it
__________________
Hohenzollern Mega Campaign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kome View Post
England: France is OP, needs nerfing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Abbadon View Post
Vietnam: Fuck you, Got mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krall View Post
Spain: Disregard natives; acquire gold.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old December 27th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Timmy811 Timmy811 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1000 or more
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09camaro View Post
no, thats not the problem, though i appreciate it.
my computer ended up getting a virus a while back. and now the sceanarios aren't working at all. none of them. i have no mods. and i cant uninstall the game to fix it
I don't understand why you can't uninstall it? Maybe you should have a professional look at your PC.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old December 27th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Matt Matt is offline
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1000 or more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Communist Wizard View Post
Are there any games on the Internet that are free, and are in the civ/HoI/etc. style? How much does this cost, or can you get it free?
I d/l'ed HoI2, complete with all the additions and add-on packs for $25 bucks this weekend. If you're interested just goto paradox's homepage and follow ye ole links.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old December 27th, 2007, 02:17 AM
Communist Wizard Communist Wizard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1000 or more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I d/l'ed HoI2, complete with all the additions and add-on packs for $25 bucks this weekend. If you're interested just goto paradox's homepage and follow ye ole links.
25$... How do you give them money, eh?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynnead View Post
Who the heck is Jonathan Swift?

NETAJI An Indian revolution by S.C. Bose!
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old December 27th, 2007, 02:45 AM
Matt Matt is offline
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1000 or more
Through the magic that is my debit card?

Tim, what's DAIM?
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old December 27th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Mr. BoJangles Mr. BoJangles is offline
Grand Master of the Bad Touch
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: On a Unicorn that shits your name in Stars
Posts: 1000 or more
Send a message via AIM to Mr. BoJangles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy811 View Post
I don't understand why you can't uninstall it? Maybe you should have a professional look at your PC.
neither do i. i can try to do it again... but i dont think it will. if it does, then i'll play again! i kinda wanna play online
__________________
Hohenzollern Mega Campaign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kome View Post
England: France is OP, needs nerfing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Abbadon View Post
Vietnam: Fuck you, Got mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krall View Post
Spain: Disregard natives; acquire gold.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old December 27th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Timmy811 Timmy811 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1000 or more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Through the magic that is my debit card?

Tim, what's DAIM?
Another mod.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...play.php?f=298
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old December 27th, 2007, 04:24 AM
Mr. BoJangles Mr. BoJangles is offline
Grand Master of the Bad Touch
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: On a Unicorn that shits your name in Stars
Posts: 1000 or more
Send a message via AIM to Mr. BoJangles
so i tried to uninstall it.

"Core Components: Bad Error"
"Catastrophic Failure"

so now im trying to "repair" it... we'll see what happens
__________________
Hohenzollern Mega Campaign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kome View Post
England: France is OP, needs nerfing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Abbadon View Post
Vietnam: Fuck you, Got mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krall View Post
Spain: Disregard natives; acquire gold.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old December 27th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Timmy811 Timmy811 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1000 or more
I've taken Guatemala and reduced the size of the Central American front, freeing up about two dozen divisions for Europe; they should arrive in about a month. Moscow's been cut off from Leningrad, and the Germans have pushed into Poland in a big way. Meanwhile, I've liberated most of France.


Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old December 27th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Matt Matt is offline
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1000 or more
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09camaro View Post
so i tried to uninstall it.

"Core Components: Bad Error"
"Catastrophic Failure"

so now im trying to "repair" it... we'll see what happens
Dude, reformat your hard drive.

Tim,

I noticed that up until something like the 160th US Infantry Division that HoI still generated names for the Divisions(historically it should only go up to something like the 110th ID). Is there a list of the names the game uses for them somewhere?

I'm really interested in seeing the post-war map now
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old December 27th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Pkmatrix Pkmatrix is offline
Godzilla Fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1000 or more
Huh. You know, I'm surprised by Russia's total collapse in the face of the Race's onslaught... is there something the modmakers missed? I mean, in the books were they just as hard to beat as Germany and America, whereas here it seems only America, Germany, Britain, and Japan have any real capacity to fight the Race. I wonder how things would play out if the player was the USSR? Would America be overrun instead?
__________________
The Race, but not their Empire, ISOT to OTL 2007
Updated: 9/26/2014
A Revised History of the Future
Updated: 8/1/2014
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old December 27th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Adam Adam is offline
Tengen Toppa Union Jack!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Super Spiral Space
Posts: 1000 or more
I'm even surprised that the USA/UK could mount an effective invasion of France and Race-held Western European territories.

Has the US deployed its nukes yet, Tim?
__________________
Quote:
In the midst of a galactic pissing match, you are tasked with killing good daddies.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old December 27th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Timmy811 Timmy811 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1000 or more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkmatrix View Post
Huh. You know, I'm surprised by Russia's total collapse in the face of the Race's onslaught... is there something the modmakers missed? I mean, in the books were they just as hard to beat as Germany and America, whereas here it seems only America, Germany, Britain, and Japan have any real capacity to fight the Race. I wonder how things would play out if the player was the USSR? Would America be overrun instead?
I'm pretty certain the Race pulled off a big encirclement of perhaps over one hundred Soviet divisions early in the invasion. They couldn't possibly recover from that.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old December 27th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Mr. BoJangles Mr. BoJangles is offline
Grand Master of the Bad Touch
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: On a Unicorn that shits your name in Stars
Posts: 1000 or more
Send a message via AIM to Mr. BoJangles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Dude, reformat your hard drive.

Tim,

I noticed that up until something like the 160th US Infantry Division that HoI still generated names for the Divisions(historically it should only go up to something like the 110th ID). Is there a list of the names the game uses for them somewhere?

I'm really interested in seeing the post-war map now
i repaired it... it should work now, haven't tested it yet. i will later today.

Tim, this is awesome!
__________________
Hohenzollern Mega Campaign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kome View Post
England: France is OP, needs nerfing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Abbadon View Post
Vietnam: Fuck you, Got mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krall View Post
Spain: Disregard natives; acquire gold.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old December 27th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Amerigo Vespucci Amerigo Vespucci is offline
Not lurking since Dec. 2002
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1000 or more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy811 View Post
I'm pretty certain the Race pulled off a big encirclement of perhaps over one hundred Soviet divisions early in the invasion. They couldn't possibly recover from that.
In addition, a review of the maps shows the Race cutting off Soviet forces in the Caucuses early on.

Edit: And is there an event that gives the Soviet Union a nuclear weapon? That'd be fairly handy.
__________________
Drew Curtis' Fark.com

The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky.
-Solomon Short
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old December 27th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Timmy811 Timmy811 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1000 or more
I continued on the offensive in France attempting to cut off Lizard troops and hammer them against the anvil of the Reich.

Lizard units attempt to escape to Italy.


I manage to cut off about 20 units.


The French Pocket is finally crushed!


With the French pocket crushed I was able to reorient forces and crush the Lizards in Spain have begun to focus on Italy, where the Swiss have been meddling. Unfortunately the Germans haven't seemed to make any headway despite the removal of the western front. My TC is high and I'm annoyed because I can't seem to liberate Spain or give France all those French provinces.


Meanwhile, Japan comes roaring back.


My nuclear research goes on. Also, Patton has reach Panama and is preparing to assualt the canal.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old December 28th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Matt Matt is offline
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1000 or more
Heh, Funny how that line worked out with the Germans.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old December 28th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Mr. BoJangles Mr. BoJangles is offline
Grand Master of the Bad Touch
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: On a Unicorn that shits your name in Stars
Posts: 1000 or more
Send a message via AIM to Mr. BoJangles
ok, i have an update. i was able to install it. but there is a problem. i can't play the 1936 scenario. and when i scroll through the scenarios column, there are some save games in there... can someone email me a copy of their 1936 scenario...? please, it'll be much appreciated.
__________________
Hohenzollern Mega Campaign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kome View Post
England: France is OP, needs nerfing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Abbadon View Post
Vietnam: Fuck you, Got mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krall View Post
Spain: Disregard natives; acquire gold.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old December 28th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Communist Wizard Communist Wizard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1000 or more
A question about these games... What time periods are they in? I'd love to make some uber-Swiss or Uber-Nepal games...
Or go against the Lizards...
And are there any free versions or games?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynnead View Post
Who the heck is Jonathan Swift?

NETAJI An Indian revolution by S.C. Bose!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.