A Turtledove World War; Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday AAR

A question about these games... What time periods are they in? I'd love to make some uber-Swiss or Uber-Nepal games... :D
Or go against the Lizards...:D
And are there any free versions or games?

Hearts of Iron II, with the Doomsday expansion, spans the 1936-1953 time frame and has 6 scenarios.

Scenarios beginning on January 1st 1936, January 1st 1938, September 1st 1939, June 22nd 1941, June 20? 1944, and a Third World War scenario beginning October 2nd 1945

I've liberated Italy, but for some reason the Germans have started to fall back, even though they only have one front to focus on. Hopefully that British landing and my coming Balkan offensive will ease up the pressure on them.

europenov30th1944mf1.png

Meanwhile Japan continues to do well beyond reason
asianov30th1944hb4.png

Is a bit strange, I'll post pics of mine later, but in my game italy is still partially intact as well as hungary, and germany is expanding, although the soviets are about as dead as yours, even with me giving them some supplies etc.

Care to show/tell the status of Australia and/or Siberia?

(It'd be cool if you could land almost unopposed in Siberia and start taking that away, or at least the ports. Create a totally insular Race: no coastlines!)

Edit: Also, what good are ships against the Race? Is bombardment effective in any real sense?

I don't have the patience to reconquer the whole Earth, so I think here's a good place to end it.

I'm trying the "All the Russians" mod now and next perhaps I'll try the Domination of the Draka mod.

Anyone want an AAR of "All the Russians"? It's an alt-hist scenario where the Whites won the Civil War, however they lost a lot of the outlying regions of the country to independence movements. So the main goal is to reunify the empire.

Last edited:
I don't have the patience to reconquer the whole Earth, so I think here's a good place to end it.

I'm trying the "All the Russians" mod now and next perhaps I'll try the Domination of the Draka mod.

Anyone want an AAR of "All the Russians"? It's an alt-hist scenario where the Whites won the Civil War, however they lost a lot of the outlying regions of the country to independence movements. So the main goal is to reunify the empire.

Well I say leave only Siberia to the Lizard :D

Treaty of Cairo hasn't been implemented in the game yet?

The Great Turk, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk had laid the foundation for a modern, secular and democratic Turkey. A beacon of light in the Islamic world that proved that faith could work hand in hand with modernity. During the 30s and early 40s Turkey rapidly industrialized and when the French mandate in Syria was seized by pro-Nazi quislings after the fall of France, Turkey was ready to strike.

ataturk-3.jpg

Syriawar-1.png

The fascist militia's were brushed aside by the professional soldiers of the Turkish military and Syria and Lebanon soon fell. (I edited Syria and Lebanon to have the six IC the cheating AI says they each have)
GreaterTurkey.png

Despite the clear demonstration that Turkey would not tolerate fascism to take hold in their sphere of influence, a fascist military coup overthrow the government of Iraq. The Turkish army once again sprang into action, brushing opposition aside and quickly capturing Baghdad. Turkey was once more a significant power on the world stage, and with the economic opportunities offered by Iraq's oil fields looked to raise even further.
Ottomans.png

However events soon intervened that none could have foreseen. In May of 1942 arrived an outside context problem by any other name.

britwar.jpg

I've taken the old Turtledove World War beta and polished it up a bit. I've added an alien landing zone in Australia, doubled the Lizard's manpower, improved the "Defend the Fatherland" event, wrote a desegregation of the US military event, a Totaler Krieg event, a mid-term election event for the US and a shot down Lizard jet reverse engineering event. I took the save game from my Turkey game and edited it in at start up so I could play for a while and watch how the major powers do without me running one. I'd say the chances are 50/50 they totally collapse.

EDIT: I've also got the Race to declare war on the ChiComs and Manchuko & Mengekyou to make peace with the US.

Last edited: