The Al Gore Presidency

January 17th 2001:

President Bill Clinton slumps over and dies on his desk in the Oval Office. Acording to a post-mortem, the cause of his death was a heart attack.

1946-2001

bill_clinton.jpg

Vice President Al Gore is soon sworn as the 43rd President of the United States.

Al_Gore_Vice_President_of_the_United_States_official_portrait_1994.jpg

In a live address from the Oval Office, President Gore expresses his deep sadness at the loss of President Bill Clinton, and sends his condolences to the Clinton family.

8:30PM - After a long and eventful day, President Gore decides to go to bed earlier than usual. But before he does, he decides to watch a movie with his wife Tipper. After a debate that lasts for over five minutes, they finally decide on American Pie.

10:00PM - The President has a shower, brushes his teeth, and gets into bed with his wife.

January 18th 2001:

7:00AM - The President wakes up, has a wash, gets dressed, and joins his wife for breakfast. He orders waffles with syrup and a hard boiled egg, while she orders bacon, eggs and toast. Over breakfast they attempt to figure out what the term 'MILF' stands for.

7:30AM - The President and his wife finish their breakfast. The President decides to watch another movie. This time he chooses for himself, as Tipper does some garden work outside. He chooses The Simpsons Movie. Now, President Gore has held a grudge against The Simpsons writers for some time, due to their slandering of him in several episodes. He even turned down a guest slot on the show recently. The movie gives him many laughs....well, except when the EPA gets bashed.

----TO BE CONTINUED----

This is going to be a rather short lived presidency...

How can Gore be watching the simpsons movie though?

Last edited:
The President has died, the nation is in turmoil, and you decide to gloss over that and discuss inane details like what Gore had for breakfast the next morning?

Subscribed.

January 18th 2001 (continued):

11:00AM -
The President meets with the National Security Council, to receive the latest updates on security, defense, and international concerns.

12:18PM -
T
he President has a light lunch of chicken noodle soup, a tuna salad sandwich, and bottled water.1:00PM - President Gore meets with the cabinet one last time, in order to determine if there any outstanding issues that need to be addressed urgently in the waning days of the administration.

1:45PM - President Gore goes to the bathroom to urinate.

1:47PM - President Gore is done urinating.

7:00PM - President and Mrs. Gore have dinner, consisting of skinless roasted chicken breasts, roasted potatoes, green beans, bottled water, and fresh peaches served with yoghurt. The President jokingly says to his wife, I don't have a Vice President, of course. I'd better survive until the inauguration, or Dennis Hastert becomes President. Now that's a scary thought. Both get a good chuckle out of that.

8:00PM to 10:00PM - The President pours over the latest Presidential briefing papers, and then retires for the evening.

----Next installment will cover the events of January 19, 2001 in the Gore Presidency.----

Hendryk

Banned
10:00PM - The President has a shower, brushes his teeth, and gets into bed with his wife.
You forgot to mention that he peed and scratched his butt. This TL is missing essential details.

1:45PM - President Gore goes to the bathroom to urinate.

1:47PM - President Gore is done urinating.
So far the main revelation of this TL is Gore's suprahuman bladder capacity, as he only pees once a day, but for two straight minutes.

Also, I don't know how best to put this, but we happen to know what Clinton and Gore look like, so the pics weren't really necessary.

So far the main revelation of this TL is Gore's suprahuman bladder capacity, as he only pees once a day, but for two straight minutes.

My friend, if I may say so, you are making an elementary mistake here which people often fall into when discussing these matters; Gore could have commenced urination at 1:45:58 seconds, and stopped a little over 1:47 minutes. Gore could therefore have simply have peed for a little over a minute. I believe that bobby501 has therefore not descended into ASBishness in his portrayal of Gore's bladder capacity.

I'm pleased to finally see a TL which is both realistic and keeps sight of the human element. Subscribed.

Hendryk

Banned
My friend, if I may say so, you are making an elementary mistake here which people often fall into when discussing these matters; Gore could have commenced urination at 1:45:58 seconds, and stopped a little over 1:47 minutes. Gore could therefore have simply have peed for a little over a minute. I believe that bobby501 has therefore not descended into ASBishness in his portrayal of Gore's bladder capacity.
In order to remove any confusion, I request that from now on we get a second-by-second breakdown of Gore's toilet breaks.

Say what you will about Al Gore's mental capacity, but I would think all parties might agree that he would be able to suss out the meaning of a term which is immediately explained in a film.

This may just be me but when I see a TL about Clinton dying in 2001 when the election was already over and Gore somehow becoming President I don't really care what he had for lunch.

Although that yoghurt may have prevented the dotcom crash.

JoeMulk

Banned

I'm pleased to finally see a TL which is both realistic and keeps sight of the human element. Subscribed.

He also could have entered the bathroom at 1:45:58 and not begun peeing until 1:46:30, especially if he had to unzip his fly.

8:30PM - After a long and eventful day, President Gore decides to go to bed earlier than usual. But before he does, he decides to watch a movie with his wife Tipper. After a debate that lasts for over five minutes, they finally decide on American Pie.

I note that American Pie is a 95 minute film. The Gores appear to watch it for not more than 85 minutes. Which end of the film did they miss?

January 19th 2001:

6:00am
-
As is his practice, the President arises early, has breakfast (pancakes and cereal), and reviews the latest Presidential briefing papers.

8:00am - The President calls President-Elect Bush to discuss tomorrow's plans in detail. President-Elect Bush and his wife Laura will arrive at the White House at 10:00am tomorrow for coffee.

8:30:42am - The President goes to the bathroom to
defecate.

8:31:54am - The President finishes defecating.

8:35am - With not much left to do until tomorrow, the President watches Nixon. As he watches, he thinks "I wonder who will play the part of myself in my biopic."

12:15pm - The President eats lunch. This time he has a tuna and mayonnaise sandwich, salad, apple pie, and water.

----TO BE CONTINUED---