Ferdinand VII dies in France: what's in store for Spain?

What happens if Ferdinand VII dies in France? How would this affect Spain and its empire?

Here you go, enjoy

While Spain's is fucked cause Charles, Count of Molina the Ultra-Conservative would be heir instead of Ferdinand

Then Infante Carlos, Count of Molina becomes Carlos V.

The throne of Spain will go to the arch conservative Don Carlos, his rule WILL be a disaster. Expect some kind of Spanish revolution at some point during his rule.

Would it be any worse than OTL's Ferdinand VII? I mean Ferdinand VII was a pretty bad king of Spain!

Yes. Definitely. Again, he was Arch conservative religious fanatic who lead what was basically the catholic equivalent of the Taliban IOTL. I very much doubt he'd be better than his brother.

Ferdinand was an incompetent conservative
Carlos was a somewhat competent religious ultra uber arch conservative. He would Inquisition the hell out of Spain (or try to) and then reverse every sinle policy that was liberal looking. Spain would be a police state and soon enough revolution would occur. However I don't see him being the sort to consort with Napoleon, so most likely he wouldn't get captured in the beginning and instead being captured leading an army. Or maybe small Spanish guerrillas shoot him in the back, because he's a dick. If that happens we see Francesco ascend the throne and then we will see Carlos III Mk.2

Here you go, enjoy

And there would be a high chance of civil war in this case, as eliphas pointed. If going from a liberal constitution to Ferdinand VII, the "Persians Manifiesto" etc was troublesome, going from a liberal constitution to Charles would put the liberals, in both hemispheres, on fire. Either in the colonies or in the metropolis, it would mean that the tenssions seen in OTL would be the same but multiplied several times.