Of lost monkeys and broken vehicles

While thinking about the Balkans and Europe in general, needs for rebuild/reconstruct from the destruction that years of combat so as TTL new geopolitical situation on both extremes of the Mediterranean/Europe like Greece/Yugoslavia may affect on those efforts. I just remember two OTL infrastructure projects on inland waterways, that in this TTL context may either be done way earlier than OTL and the other no longer be subject to endless discussion on it... The Tagus river Spanish one and the OTL geopolitical challenging Balkans one, the Danube-Morava-Vardar/Axios-Aegean canal, that OTL still remain in the proposal stage. Also, could be mentioned another one that's even TTL would hardly be politically feasible or that, nad ,IMO, at least, and at difference from the others two first mentioned 'd be not considered economically useful/worth the effort...
Eduardo Lopez Ochoa found himself leading factions in two Spanish civil wars, first with the Nationalists against the Republicans, and then with the moderate Nationalists and his former Republican enemies against his former Falangist allies. He himself claims than in both wars he was trying to protect Spain from far left and far right extremism alike. The Spanish Centrists have closed ranks behind him giving some credence to his claims. After all fighting and defeating German backed fascists and then joining the Allies can get a lot of inconvenient things forgotten...
I'm supposing that along with the ongoing rebuilding/reconstruction efforts, that for Spain 'd be even more a priority than OTL. Though with the key difference that this Ochoa lead Spain. would be integrated on the emerging new international order and be one of the signatories of the UN's chart...
So, I believe that, with the war ended, and in the aforementioned reconstruction context, that it would allow that the issues and needs for the management of the water resources. These issues 'be once again on the forefront pressing needs of the Spanish economy, for the just elect government. Given that, I think that would be possible that either thanks to receiving TTL version of the Marshall Plan and/or with a easier/steadier access to international financiation, than OTL. The Ochoa government would decide to restart the Engg Manuel Lorenzo Pardo's mega project for the Trasvase Tajo-Segura (Tagus-Segura Water Transfer). One that was introduced by the Indalecio Prieto Ministry, as key party of a major plan of hydraulics works for improve the Nation's water management, to the 1933 Cortes...

Last edited: