Hensonverse Speculation and Commentary

As for the cast for a Waggle Rock reboot (assuming there is one ITTL like Rock On! and Back to the Rock) or any new material, here's my potential cast:
  • Matt Vogel as Gobo, Architect Gozer, and the face and voice of Pa Krog (replacing Jerry Nelson)
  • Steve Whitmire as Wembley, Marlon, Flange, and Sprocket
  • Donna Kimball as Mokey, Cotterpin Gozer (replacing Kathryn Mullen), and Marjory the Trash Heap (replacing Jerry Nelson)
  • Dave Goelz as Boober, Uncle Travelling Matt, the World's Oldest Fraggle, Large Marvin, Wrench Gozer, and Philo
  • Karen Prell as Red and Wingnut
  • Dan Garza as Gunge and the face and voice of Junior Krog (replacing Richard Hunt)
  • Terry Angus as Storyteller Waggle
  • Ben Durocher as the body of Junior Krog (replacing Rob Mills and Frank Meschkuleit)
  • Andy Hayward as the body of Pa Krog (replacing Gord Robertson)
  • Cheryl Wagner as the face and voice of Ma Krog
  • Ingrid Hansen as the body of Ma Krog (replacing Trish Leeper)

Last edited:
As for the cast for a Waggle Rock reboot (assuming there is one ITTL like Rock On! and Back to the Rock) or any new material, here's my potential cast:
  • Matt Vogel as Gobo, Marjory the Trash Heap, Cotterpin Gozer, and the face and voice of Pa Krog (replacing Jerry Nelson)
  • Steve Whitmire as Wembley, Marlon, Flange, and Sprocket
  • Donna Kimball as Mokey and Cotterpin Gozer (replacing Kathryn Mullen)
  • Dave Goelz as Boober, Uncle Travelling Matt, the World's Oldest Fraggle, Large Marvin, Wrench Gozer, and Philo
  • Karen Prell as Red and Wingnut
  • Dan Garza as Gunge and the face and voice of Junior Krog (replacing Richard Hunt)
  • Terry Angus as Storyteller Waggle
  • Ben Durocher as the body of Junior Krog (replacing Rob Mills and Frank Meschkuleit)
  • Andy Hayward as the body of Pa Krog (replacing Gord Robertson)
  • Cheryl Wagner as the face and voice of Ma Krog
  • Ingrid Hansen as the body of Ma Krog (replacing Trish Leeper)
Well, as a matter of fact, I am planning out at least two Waggle Rock movies, one in 2003 (generally I've got the specifics of the plot, but I'm still trying to fill out the details at this point), with a sequel in 2012, and that all leads to a new Waggle Rock series (still not sure on the release date of that, maybe around after 2014).
And I am wondering also if Jim would still portray Clamm the Convincing and Shantus the Storyteller (maybe for the movies) or would they recast those roles for the new TV series?
But with the Trash Heap, I'm not sure if Matt Vogel would be portraying her, or would they give the role to Donna Kimball? Given her voice performance as Mother Aughra in Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, I'm sure she'll be great at that.

Either way, great cast list! Even though I had to laugh at Matt Vogel voicing Cotterpin (I'm presuming that he's actually voicing Architect Gozer instead)

Last edited:
Well, as a matter of fact, I am planning out at least two Waggle Rock movies, one in 2003 (generally I've got the specifics of the plot, but I'm still trying to fill out the details at this point), with a sequel in 2012, and that all leads to a new Waggle Rock series (still not sure on the release date of that, maybe around after 2014).
And I am wondering also if Jim would still portray Clamm the Convincing and Shantus the Storyteller (maybe for the movies) or would they recast those roles for the new TV series?
But with the Trash Heap, I'm not sure if Matt Vogel would be portraying her, or would they give the role to Donna Kimball? Given her voice performance as Mother Aughra in Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, I'm sure she'll be great at that.

Either way, great cast list! Even though I had to laugh at Matt Vogel voicing Cotterpin (I'm presuming that he's actually voicing Architect Gozer instead)
Yeah, I meant to type Architect. Force of habit. Corrected. I also cast Kimball as the Trash Heap.

I'd assume Jim would reprise his roles as Clamm and Shantus for the films. Cantus was probably the closest to Jim in terms of characters he performed on Sesame Street, The Muppet Show or Fraggle Rock IOTL. It also helps that they were guest characters who appeared about once a season, unlike the likes of Ernie or Kermit.

Also, in at least the first Waggle Rock movie, I'd keep Frank, Gord and Trish as the Krogs' body performers. I just brought up their Back to the Rock performers just in case the show was made in the 2020s, though they could still perform in the second movie. Kathryn could still do Mokey and Cotterpin in both films, with Jerry still performing Gobo in the first movie.

Last edited:
As for Clamm the Convincing and Shantus the Storyteller, if Jim decides to recast then, I'd think Steve Whitmire would be a great fit for the former and Bill Barretta for the latter.

As for Clamm the Convincing and Shantus the Storyteller, if Jim decides to recast then, I'd think Steve Whitmire would be a great fit for the former and Bill Barretta for the latter.
Pretty good double act suggestion there
by the way unrelated to the hensonverse do you mind doing a couple of tvtropes pages on https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...-timeline-in-the-style-of-timeline-93.540549/ and https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/u-7111.548880/ please

what_if_simon_pegg_x_nick_frost_played_sherlock_x__by_carriejokerbates_dcxadzz-fullview.jpg

In a contemporary setting Hot Fuzz style?

So IOTL, Disney planned on casting multiple performers to play Muppet characters in the mid-2000s, but outcry from both fans and the performers forced them to relent. It's been theorized that the obscure 2006 French series Muppets TV was the final nail in the coffin for that plan (outside of Artie Esposito's 2009 Kermit performances).

Yeah, ITTL, I doubt this plan is even considered, given that A: Jim is still around as a creative consultant for the Muppets, and B: the Disney team, with years of experience owning the Muppets (20 years earlier than IOTL), would definitely get what makes them work, one reason being that they're done by one performer at a time (unless in special cases like Jim's Disney commitments, Frank's directorial career, and Caroll's aging). Not to mention Disney not being nearly as corporate.

Last edited:
So like I said in the guest post thread, I wanted to do a follow-up guest post to Muppet Quiz. It would be called Muppet Mornings, and would once again follow the tried-and-true variety show formula, this time parodying morning shows like Today (idea from kirbopher15). Clifford, Miss Piggy, and Rizzo would be the main anchors with Kermit as the showrunner. I picked these three because I wanted a "Nice, Mean, and In-Between" trio. It would once again air on NBC with Walt Disney Television and Muppet Studios producing, Kevin Clash, Bill Barretta, and Kirk Thatcher as showrunners, and Jim Henson as a creative consultant. The show would premiere in February 2024 as a mid-season replacement.

Lovely start.
And presumably, the show (which probably would air at a later time, as so to not clash with NBC's actual morning show and all the others) could have the sort of subtle in-joke of it being set "in the morning", only for there being hints that it's actually later in the evening (of course, they shouldn't joke about this in the open too much, for too much joking about it can be, well, make audiences groan at "urgh, how many times have they told that joke?")
Not too sure about Rizzo being an main anchor.
But hey, I'm sure other Muppets are busy doing other things and Kermit can't be an main anchor.
Otherwise, don't know too much about morning shows (or breakfast shows) to begin with. But, I'm sure you could make it all work, with the rundown of how it all goes from beginning to end and what happens in it and how the guest stars fit into the picture!

Oh, by the way @Trevor807, thought I should let you know that in TTL, Joe the Legal Weasel was made earlier in 1989, in the form of Barry Stirr (performed by Steve Whitmire initially).
Anyways, I really love the whole idea of the Jim Henson Pictures logo being reused as the Muppet Studios logo. Great stuff!

Lovely start.
And presumably, the show (which probably would air at a later time, as so to not clash with NBC's actual morning show and all the others) could have the sort of subtle in-joke of it being set "in the morning", only for there being hints that it's actually later in the evening (of course, they shouldn't joke about this in the open too much, for too much joking about it can be, well, make audiences groan at "urgh, how many times have they told that joke?")
Not too sure about Rizzo being an main anchor.
But hey, I'm sure other Muppets are busy doing other things and Kermit can't be an main anchor.
Otherwise, don't know too much about morning shows (or breakfast shows) to begin with. But, I'm sure you could make it all work, with the rundown of how it all goes from beginning to end and what happens in it and how the guest stars fit into the picture!

Oh, by the way @Trevor807, thought I should let you know that in TTL, Joe the Legal Weasel was made earlier in 1989, in the form of Barry Stirr (performed by Steve Whitmire initially).
Anyways, I really love the whole idea of the Jim Henson Pictures logo being reused as the Muppet Studios logo. Great stuff!
So who'd be your suggestion for the third anchor?

I'd think Scooter would make a good "Nice" to Piggy's "Mean" and Clifford's "In-Between". Alright then, Scooter it is.

I also made what should hopefully be my final edit to the Muppet Quiz post, replacing Joe the Legal Weasel with Barry Stirr.

Last edited: