Swedish Timelines and Scenarios
TLs in which the country makes appearances
Look to the West
- Sweden (Look to the West)
. To quote the author: “The Kingdom of Sweden has had a great number of ups and downs in the history of Look to the West. Sweden did rather better in the 18th century than OTL, retaining Swedish Pomerania and more of Finland, and picking up Courland and part of East Prussia. For a time it seemed that Sweden was ready to dominate Scandinavia, but in the Great Baltic War the Swedish ruling dynasty came to an abrupt end…
by Tony Jones
- Sweden is a technological and scientific powerhouse in this TL, but is also highly authoritarian. It is also the first (and so far only) country to build and test a nuclear weapon (by the end of the TL).
- After a coup d'état launched by ultranationalist forces in the 1920s, the Swedish monarchy becomes an authoritarian state, embracing the Zavtraist idoelogy
of general Anton Morchenko, the de facto
leader of Tsarist Russia. The leader of the Swedish Framtidspartet
, Sven Lund, then allies Sweden with Morchenko's Russia via the “Bond of Trust”.
Fight and Be Right
- Its history in the latter half of the 19th century and the early 20th century is rather different here, particularly its relationship with Norway within the personal union of the two countries.
A Different Finnish War
- The original Swedish commander in the Finnish War of 1808, Field Marshal af Klercker, survives and successfully leads a defensive war against Russia, forcing the Tsar to accept a status quo peace, with Sweden retaining Finland. The Napoleonic Wars diverge greatly as a result.
TL by Max Sinister
- Sweden's queen Kristina I forms an alliance against the too-powerful French king Francois IV, acquires Norway
first and Denmark
later. When the country looks as if it was going Socialist, paranoid anti-Socialist Germany
invades and turns the place into the satellite republic of Scandinavia. During TTL's WW1, the country still goes Socialist, joining the Socialist Block (in western Europe).