Yet another Canadian member from the Ottawa area, Talwar's primary interest is in writing stories - some of which even touch on alternate history. He does contribute here and there to other discussions, but at current rates it will be some time before he posts the obligatory “I've got 1000 Posts” thread.
He has a background in geology, and is not unfamiliar with Canada (particularly its territories), farming, and animal husbandry.
Works on the Board
- Scene from a Post-Recession Commute... is mildly dystopic, and was nominated for a Turtledove in 2009.
- Vancouver 2+10 started into a Mumbai-style terrorist attack during the recent Winter Olympics, but Talwar lost focus after several installments.
- Orca got started into a future submariner tale. Talwar's contemplating rebooting it once he re-examines the whole story arc.
- I Think I Died Once was written with the World Cup in mind. No vuvuzelas, though.
- Letter from the Staking Rush sees a possibly significant discovery in the Canadian Arctic.
- Faulty Relationship reveals the link between a man's love and recent earthquakes.
- Jesse versus the Class of Middleton High School is Talwar's sole foray into angsty teenage stuff.
- Toaster sees a robotic tank trying to coax a survivalist into rejoining post-apocalypse civilization.
- The Monument is a Remembrance Day story, previously posted elsewhere.
- Abducted Again recaps two close encounters in one night.
- USB sees a technical glinch offer insight into the narrator's alternate self.
- Urumi is a Maratha aircraft carrier involved in a European civil war. Suspended due to reader disinterest.
- 54 Years is a thread on an ATL discussion board which recalls the successful Nazi invasion of the USA.
- Unmarked Crossing: Estranged brothers address a phantom train and a possible murder.
- A Son Arrives Home to Mother: My first attempt at poetry, in response to a challenge from LordVetinari.
- Men in Black Parkas: I have NEVER found a dead alien in my hotel room. NEVER.
- Dreams of Saskatoon, Memories of Bangladesh: My take on casuality.
- Into Exile: Inspired by the Arab Spring…
- Gonzeaux: The American occupation of Canada, reported Gonzo-style.
- Crippled on O'Connor: A Canadian veteran of Iraq lives on the streets of Ottawa.
- Fade Away: An ASB dystopian utopia.
- Tales of the Superpower Empire: China 1912 - Episode 43 - Rock of ages: A chance encounter in pre-war Russia changes the life of a peasant, an industry, and a nation. Posted in installments starting September 5.
- Smoke, Strings, Soul: A deceased guitar player duels for the sake of his soul!
- Differently Abled: What happens when super strength and speed are conferred on a group of ordinary people. Response to a challenge from Vulture.
- The Dictator's Son: A poem about North Korea's new leader.
- Butt is it Literature: Beavis and Butthead contemplate fan fiction and alternate history.
- Lonesome Charlie's Strange Boon: A Klondike prospector acquires superpowers and loses his way.
- Going Home: The zombie apocalypse has been averted, but civilization is damaged…
- Letters in the Glovebox: A response to a challenge from The Vulture, detailing a man's reaction to the sudden disappearance of everybody else on Earth.
- Piano Girl: Transhumanity and metahumanity have an awkward meeting in a dingy bar…
- Obadiah Manyfingers and the Thug-Restauranteur of Alpha Ring: A human detective and an ambitious alien have a showdown over nefarious business practices.
- Desolation Bay: An incomplete story about strange events in the High Arctic; posted it for feedback and assistance…
Ideas to Come
Talwar's eyeballing a couple of stories set in Hendryk's The Superpower Empire TL, has a couple of actual, honest-to-God timeline ideas in mind, and enough incomplete and unwritten stories to fill a non-existent book.