Your Personal TNO Headcanon?

America the Beautiful and Brave:

SUMMARY:

United States under Richard Nixon with Democratic-Republican has faced obstacle challenges such as growing rupture that led to D-R split and rising social democratic faction within NPP which he had forced to overcome the challenges right before he would bring the country into a rising shining path of light in the dangerous times among adverse powers of the Imperial Japan, declining Germany, and Italy which would pose a different puzzling challenge for now-humiliated country.

During the last part of 1962, the United States has expanded its capacity by recognizing the legitimate Republic of India, putting an ire of Azad Hind government as opportunity to counter the rise of Japanese dominance to keep the burning cauldron of freedom unextinguished while sending out troops to restore order in Guyana which led to forced desegregation and reintegration of the occupied country into the hands of OFN from which the spirit of freedom is expanding while back at home, the unrest could be tense but peaceful as iconic voices like Martin Luther King Jr. makes infamous speech that brings country attention to what their voices want to change before the enemy can able to step in and threatened to extinguish the light of freedom.

In England, things not going straight as the infamous HMMLR, backed by Nixon and the OFN makes bloody revolt as Germany kept distracted over the course of Speer-led government reforms and policy of appeasement following the aftermath of assassination of Hitler, thus pushing into the brink of deadly crisis as leaders are deciding and determining the fate lies in their hands even the news of collapse of Mediterranean Pact poses a big risk for Italy's rising power coalesced into border war with Turkey.

Meanwhile in the wild steppe of Asia, the news of shattered Mongolia, only be reunified under the hands of those who have more obedient and listened to Tokyo's orders was the Mengjiang, which carved out from Inner Mongolia into reuniting the shattered nation that would generate enough to unleash alarming and worrying news to the warlords of once the giant transcontinental nation existed, Russia which means that they need to fight until their bloods went dry up and last bullets firing that should warlords reunite and prepare their potential to fight back and bring their lost glory once at all.

Deleted member 96212

My head cannon is messy and not fully formed because everything I've learned has largely been second hand and I haven't played the mod myself (perish the thought! I know). In addition to that, what I'm going to put down are things that can't actually happen in-game, but I like the idea of it happening. Finally, I'd like to warm that it's pretty bleak in some areas.

Germany:
Goring is picked by Hitler as a compromise candidate, seen as being able to unite disparate factions together and avert a civil war. It works...for exactly two days, when Goring is killed by Burgundian agents.

The ultimate victor of the GCW is Speer, who will successfully complete his fascist route.

Russia
In a cynical move to ensure Russia will never threaten Germany again, Speer secretly supports Vagner, and once he takes power, Taboritsky, and the two worst warlords of Russia enter an ungodly alliance that each intends to break once the reunification is complete. To make matters worse, the Black League is on the march, building up its own support base.

However, light shines in the darkness, and an alliance between Alexander Men and Valery Sablin emerges as their opposition. A three way civil war ensues, and after much chaos and carnage, the Sablin-Men alliance emerges victorious. While it will take years to repair the damage, Russia has a brighter future ahead of it than before.

Africa
Devastated. SAW ended in an OFN defeat, Huttig ran his ill gotten gains into the ground, it's a total disaster area.

America
On shaky ground. Wallace managed to complete a full term in office and all that implies, followed by John Glenn. 1972 looms with uncertainty.

Asia
Kishi coup succeeds. Japan wins the GAW with a combination of chemical, biological, and even nuclear weapons.

(While I'm on the subject, why does everyone keep predicting that Japan will lose the GAW when they have a WMD stockpile and their enemies don't?)

Italy
Fascist, in the mold of Speer. Not terrible, but not great.

Burgundy
Never sees its dreams of nuclear war come to fruition. Once Himmler dies, Burgundy dies with him.

And there you have it folks, my grotesque abomination of a headcannon (lol). Probably once I start playing the mod, or find more of the events that are scattered all over creation, I'll form more coherent and potentially less grim opinions on the matter. I'm also looking forward to any upcoming updates or submods that flesh the world out even further. Until then, I've said my piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
My head cannon is messy and not fully formed because everything I've learned has largely been second hand and I haven't played the mod myself (perish the thought! I know). In addition to that, what I'm going to put down are things that can't actually happen in-game, but I like the idea of it happening. Finally, I'd like to warm that it's pretty bleak in some areas.

Germany:
Goring is picked by Hitler as a compromise candidate, seen as being able to unite disparate factions together and avert a civil war. It works...for exactly two days, when Goring is killed by Burgundian agents.

The ultimate victor of the GCW is Speer, who will successfully complete his fascist route.

Russia
In a cynical move to ensure Russia will never threaten Germany again, Speer secretly supports Vagner, and once he takes power, Taboritsky, and the two worst warlords of Russia enter an ungodly alliance that each intends to break once the reunification is complete. To make matters worse, the Black League is on the march, building up its own support base.

However, light shines in the darkness, and an alliance between Alexander Men and Valery Sablin emerges as their opposition. A three way civil war ensues, and after much chaos and carnage, the Sablin-Men alliance emerges victorious. While it will take years to repair the damage, Russia has a brighter future ahead of it than before.

Africa
Devastated. SAW ended in an OFN defeat, Huttig ran his ill gotten gains into the ground, it's a total disaster area.

America
On shaky ground. Wallace managed to complete a full term in office and all that implies, followed by John Glenn. 1972 looms with uncertainty.

Asia
Kishi coup succeeds. Japan wins the GAW with a combination of chemical, biological, and even nuclear weapons.

(While I'm on the subject, why does everyone keep predicting that Japan will lose the GAW when they have a WMD stockpile and their enemies don't?)

Italy
Fascist, in the mold of Speer. Not terrible, but not great.

Burgundy
Never sees its dreams of nuclear war come to fruition. Once Himmler dies, Burgundy dies with him.

And there you have it folks, my grotesque abomination of a headcannon (lol). Probably once I start playing the mod, or find more of the events that are scattered all over creation, I'll form more coherent and potentially less grim opinions on the matter. I'm also looking forward to any upcoming updates or submods that flesh the world out even further. Until then, I've said my piece.
In regards to the GAW: probs the anti-CPS faction will be backed by either OFN (most likely) or Sablin-led USSR (from which I think, GAW will appear in mid-70s or early 80s from the time Russia was reunited once more).

Moreover - the Asia situation will be reworked either by a CPS-based submod or Shifting Tides update itself.

Deleted member 96212

In regards to the GAW: probs the anti-CPS faction will be backed by either OFN (most likely) or Sablin-led USSR (from which I think, GAW will appear in mid-70s or early 80s from the time Russia was reunited once more).

Well of course, but unless the OFN and/or a reunited Russia threatens Japan with retaliation, I don't see why Japan - especially if it's led by Kishi - would hold back on using nukes, poison gas, and/or germ warfare from the outset. After all, OTL's Imperial Japan used chemical and biological agents in the Second Sino-Japanese War, so we can assume that even if nuclear weapons aren't deployed, the other two definitely will be.

(This makes me think of a possible scenario where a Japanese biological weapon gets out of control, and players in each corner of the world will have to deal with a global pandemic)

Moreover - the Asia situation will be reworked either by a CPS-based submod or Shifting Tides update itself.

I'm honestly hyped, I feel like Asia definitely needs more attention.

chankljp

Donor
From what I've gathered, in the event Kishi comes to power, China is fucked.
Considering that Kishi coming to power via Order 44 is considered as a 'failstate' for Japan on par with England getting the YDL/Monty coup, the US electing Hall/Yockey to the White House, or a Goering economic collapse/Second GCW for Germany, I suspect that Kishi might end up doing so much damage to Japan domestically to the point that China might just have a chance at winning the GAW, despite him having a lot less restraint when it comes to the potential usage of WMDs. After all, if Order 44 allows for s much stronger Japan when dealing with China compared to all the other much saner options comes time for the GAW.... Wouldn't it end up sending the wrong message that his brand of industrial slavery is actually CORRECT, seeing as that the GAW cannot be averted?

Considering that Kishi coming to power via Order 44 is considered as a 'failstate' for Japan on par with England getting the YDL/Monty coup, the US electing Hall/Yockey to the White House, or a Goering economic collapse/Second GCW for Germany, I suspect that Kishi might end up doing so much damage to Japan domestically to the point that China might just have a chance at winning the GAW, despite him having a lot less restraint when it comes to the potential usage of WMDs. After all, if Order 44 allows for s much stronger Japan when dealing with China compared to all the other much saner options comes time for the GAW.... Wouldn't it end up sending the wrong message that his brand of industrial slavery is actually CORRECT, seeing as that the GAW cannot be averted?
Good point, but in that case, I just imagine Japan becoming an industrial wasteland, while China and Korea become chemical wastelands.

Most interesting:
Moskowien:
After Siegfried Kasche departs for Florida, Moskowien collapses. Myriad of small warlords arise with a lot of infighting which ends like this - Pleskau takes out Red Star United Army and OK Brauchitschstadt, Bogi Smerti take Muscovy proper, Oryol and Smolensk and the rest of warlords are taken down by Basegi Black Brigades. This situation lasts until Russian unifier comes knocking.
Western Russia: Victor of Komi's power struggle is Kosygin, who f*cks up, under him Komi stays in permanent paramilitary wars which makes Komi cease to be a factor among Western Russian warlords. Samara goes Oktan and is doing initially well, taking down Gorky and Tatarstan in 5 months after GCW begins, but then is bogged in war with Vyatka, who integrated Order of St. George and took Komi because of it's political instability. AB took Bashkiria and backstabbed Vyatka, taking it's place as main enemy of Samara, which is defeated by AB. WRRF goes Zhukov, but he fails to achieve anything meaningful and falls to AB, which proceeds to unify Western Russia. Than Onega declares war on AB with help of Finland, but AB wins, gaining maximum of Russian gains against Finland. After regional unification they go down pro-Slav path, which results in Vagner being couped by Velimir who creates Hyperborea.
Western Siberia: Omsk takes down Tyumen, Sverdlovsk conquers Zlatoust and Vorkuta takes out Yugra. Omskite forces sweep through Sverdlovsk and Vorkuta, unifying the region in process. Velimir than reaches out to Yazov, convicing him that his coup against Vagner was done out of will to destroy Germany. Velimir offers Yazov to peacefully unify with Hyperborea and take mantle of it's field marshal. This is done and enlarged Hyperborea sweeps through Urals.
Urals: Lysenko wins against Dirly, Ural Guard and Orenburg but is crushed by Hyperborea after it unifies peacefull with Omsk.
Kazakhstan: Aktobe (former Khromtau) wins against Nowa Polska and Kostanay, Koshetau and Pavlodar are taken down by Kyzylorda, Onoprienko wins against Kyzylorda, but it's a pyrrhic victory leaving Kazakshtan vulnerable to Hyperborea's conquest, which is done.
Central Siberia: PRC defeats that Mongol warlord it fights in the start, Tomsk goes Gumanisty, Kemerovo is defeated by SBA, as are Krasnoyarsk and Novosibirsk, SBA than takes down Tomsk (Gumanisty rule makes population mostly sympathetic towards SBA rule), and proceeds to crush PRC. Galanskov prevails over Stepanov and SBA goes down LibSoc path.
Far East: Yagoda easily gets rid of Sablin (who integrates Aldan before being conquered by Yagoda), Magadan goes WerBell but is defeated by Rodzaevsky who proceeds to get rid of Chita, Rodzaevsky faces Yagoda and defeats him also, than attacking Yakutia. His final battle is against Divine Mandate of Siberia which absorbed Kamchatka, and it's once again Rodzaevsky's victory. Rodzaevsky forms All-Russian Government of Far East and takes Outer Manchuria, but it's only until SBA comes knocking. Due to manpower, it's able to almost rout Rodzaevsky, but lack of discipline allows Rodzaevsky to make a stronghold in Magadan, from where he calls Velimir for help, in return owing his allegiance to him. Velimir responds sending Yazov to destroy SBA, which is done. Rodzaevsky is allowed to take position of governor of Far East in Velimir's state.
Summary: By the time GCW is over, Russia is unified by Hyperborea who peacefully absorbed Omsk and "peacefully" Amur.
Ostland: Vituska wins without much problem, cementing his personal control over former RK.
Germany: Hitler names Heydrich his succesor, as in canon. GCW breaks out and lasts for roughly 3 years with Speer dying to Heydrich, who received Burgundian support and Bormann and Goering stalemating themselves, which allows Heydrich to come on top....only to SS civil war coming on top, which sees Heydrich gathering moderates, militarists and slaves, even allying with Poland only to stop Himmler. Himmler is stopped, but Germany goes anarchy. After it's over, Hyperborea takes down Moskowien warlords, Ukraine and Vituska.
Burgundy: It initially seems to do well, crushes French State in war and takes Netherlands, but dies to uprisings in SS civil war.
France: Gets crushed by Burgundy and conquered by Nouvel Etat Francais
Iberia: Civil war, NRF wins.
USA: Nixon gets impeached, Kennedy steps in, than he gets assasinated, than McCormack takes over, than it goes Wallace who is impeached and loses SAW LeMay takes over and unrest of new CRA causes Goldwater to win who worsens the situation by his ultra-Capitalist policies, which causes Hall to be elected.
Levant: Italy assumes direct control over Levant after it wins Italo-Turkish war.
Italy: Scorza decisively wins and goes full reform, including abolishing taxes, instituting feminism, pandering to youth, abolishing monarchy and cracking down on Church.

Most interesting:
Moskowien:
After Siegfried Kasche departs for Florida, Moskowien collapses. Myriad of small warlords arise with a lot of infighting which ends like this - Pleskau takes out Red Star United Army and OK Brauchitschstadt, Bogi Smerti take Muscovy proper, Oryol and Smolensk and the rest of warlords are taken down by Basegi Black Brigades. This situation lasts until Russian unifier comes knocking.
Western Russia: Victor of Komi's power struggle is Kosygin, who f*cks up, under him Komi stays in permanent paramilitary wars which makes Komi cease to be a factor among Western Russian warlords. Samara goes Oktan and is doing initially well, taking down Gorky and Tatarstan in 5 months after GCW begins, but then is bogged in war with Vyatka, who integrated Order of St. George and took Komi because of it's political instability. AB took Bashkiria and backstabbed Vyatka, taking it's place as main enemy of Samara, which is defeated by AB. WRRF goes Zhukov, but he fails to achieve anything meaningful and falls to AB, which proceeds to unify Western Russia. Than Onega declares war on AB with help of Finland, but AB wins, gaining maximum of Russian gains against Finland. After regional unification they go down pro-Slav path, which results in Vagner being couped by Velimir who creates Hyperborea.
Western Siberia: Omsk takes down Tyumen, Sverdlovsk conquers Zlatoust and Vorkuta takes out Yugra. Omskite forces sweep through Sverdlovsk and Vorkuta, unifying the region in process. Velimir than reaches out to Yazov, convicing him that his coup against Vagner was done out of will to destroy Germany. Velimir offers Yazov to peacefully unify with Hyperborea and take mantle of it's field marshal. This is done and enlarged Hyperborea sweeps through Urals.
Urals: Lysenko wins against Dirly, Ural Guard and Orenburg but is crushed by Hyperborea after it unifies peacefull with Omsk.
Kazakhstan: Aktobe (former Khromtau) wins against Nowa Polska and Kostanay, Koshetau and Pavlodar are taken down by Kyzylorda, Onoprienko wins against Kyzylorda, but it's a pyrrhic victory leaving Kazakshtan vulnerable to Hyperborea's conquest, which is done.
Central Siberia: PRC defeats that Mongol warlord it fights in the start, Tomsk goes Gumanisty, Kemerovo is defeated by SBA, as are Krasnoyarsk and Novosibirsk, SBA than takes down Tomsk (Gumanisty rule makes population mostly sympathetic towards SBA rule), and proceeds to crush PRC. Galanskov prevails over Stepanov and SBA goes down LibSoc path.
Far East: Yagoda easily gets rid of Sablin (who integrates Aldan before being conquered by Yagoda), Magadan goes WerBell but is defeated by Rodzaevsky who proceeds to get rid of Chita, Rodzaevsky faces Yagoda and defeats him also, than attacking Yakutia. His final battle is against Divine Mandate of Siberia which absorbed Kamchatka, and it's once again Rodzaevsky's victory. Rodzaevsky forms All-Russian Government of Far East and takes Outer Manchuria, but it's only until SBA comes knocking. Due to manpower, it's able to almost rout Rodzaevsky, but lack of discipline allows Rodzaevsky to make a stronghold in Magadan, from where he calls Velimir for help, in return owing his allegiance to him. Velimir responds sending Yazov to destroy SBA, which is done. Rodzaevsky is allowed to take position of governor of Far East in Velimir's state.
Summary: By the time GCW is over, Russia is unified by Hyperborea who peacefully absorbed Omsk and "peacefully" Amur.
Ostland: Vituska wins without much problem, cementing his personal control over former RK.
Germany: Hitler names Heydrich his succesor, as in canon. GCW breaks out and lasts for roughly 3 years with Speer dying to Heydrich, who received Burgundian support and Bormann and Goering stalemating themselves, which allows Heydrich to come on top....only to SS civil war coming on top, which sees Heydrich gathering moderates, militarists and slaves, even allying with Poland only to stop Himmler. Himmler is stopped, but Germany goes anarchy. After it's over, Hyperborea takes down Moskowien warlords, Ukraine and Vituska.
Burgundy: It initially seems to do well, crushes French State in war and takes Netherlands, but dies to uprisings in SS civil war.
France: Gets crushed by Burgundy and conquered by Nouvel Etat Francais
Iberia: Civil war, NRF wins.
USA: Nixon gets impeached, Kennedy steps in, than he gets assasinated, than McCormack takes over, than it goes Wallace who is impeached and loses SAW LeMay takes over and unrest of new CRA causes Goldwater to win who worsens the situation by his ultra-Capitalist policies, which causes Hall to be elected.
Levant: Italy assumes direct control over Levant after it wins Italo-Turkish war.
Italy: Scorza decisively wins and goes full reform, including abolishing taxes, instituting feminism, pandering to youth, abolishing monarchy and cracking down on Church.
This is cursed.

My headcanon for 1962-1982:

Germany and the Einheitspakt: Bormann wins the German Civil War, works with the Reformists, and succeeds in executing the Second Night of Long Knives and dismantling the Militarist Plot. Norway, Slovakia, the Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, Romania, and Bulgaria are readmitted into the Pakt through either diplomacy or force. Germany declines following Bormann's death and eventually loses the Cold War. Vituska wins the Ostland Civil War, but his Greater Byelorussian State is quickly invaded and destroyed by Bormann. Josias crowns himself king of Kaukausia, but his realm is also quickly reconquered by Bormann's resurgent Reich. Oberkommando Brauchitschstadt stabilizes Mosckowien and submits to Bormann.

The USA and OFN: Nixon ratifies the CRA before his impeachment. George Wallace is elected President in 1964, but is defeated by John Glenn in 1968. Glenn is re-elected in 1972 and succeeds in putting a man on Mars by 1975. After the end of his presidency, Glenn is succeeded by an R-D politician (no idea who the devs have in mind for 1976 yet). Italy, its puppet states, Hungary (which enters a personal union with Italy), South Africa, the Republic of Serbia, France, and Great Britain join the OFN. The US negotiates the return of Hawaii, the Aleutian Islands, and the treaty ports. The US comes out as the nominal winner of the Cold War, though begins competing with Italy, China, and Russia by the end of the 1980s.

Japan and the Sphere: Takagi Sokichi is elected Prime Minister and passes reforms with some success (including the dissolution of the North Borneo Administration) until he ruffles too many feathers, resulting in Order 44 being executed and Nobusuke Kishi taking power (cue diabolical laughter and the screams of the damned). Sukarno wins the Indonesian Civil War and is removed from power by Suharto. China, despite the war against Yunnan, is able to modernize and defeat Japan in the Great Asian War. Most of the warlord cliques, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Burma, and India side with China; Hui, Cambodia, Thailand, Manchukuo, Guangdong, and the Azad Hind side with Japan; and Laos declare neutrality. China is able to annex Guangdong and most of the Japanese treaty ports, though has to renounce their claims to Manchukuo, Xinjiang, Tibet, and Taiwan. India annexes the Azad Hind, while Thailand is forced to cede the Shan states to Burma. The effective collapse of the Co-Prosperity Sphere, annexation of Guangdong, and Kishi's continued rule until his removal from office two years after the end of the GAW in a coup results in a mass exodus of Japanese dissidents to Russia and the US. Moreover, displaced Japanese colonists relocate to Manchukuo, Korea, and Taiwan, while half of the Han Chinese population in Manchuria that survived the war flee to the now independent Republic of China in order to escape vengeful Japanese persecution. Over a hundred million people die in the GAW, with millions more killed or displaced in the decade following its conclusion.

British Isles: HMMLR wins the English Civil War and restores the Kingdom of England under the leadership of George Jellicoe. England eventually reconquers Wales and Scotland, while Ian Paisley takes over Ulster and holds off the Irish long enough to negotiate becoming a Dominion of Great Britain. The British never fully annex the Orange State of Ulster, but Queen of Ulster is added to Elizabeth II's royal titles.

Middle East: Italy wins the Second Italo-Turkish War and ultimately decides to grant the Levant to the Israeli Resistance Movement, creating the State of Israel. The Ba'athists manage to form the United Arab Republic out of Iraq, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, and Syria. The UAR attempts to annex Israel, but is defeated in the resulting war, resulting in their fragmentation into Arabia (former Saudi Arabia and Yemen), Iraq, and Syria. The Italian Government of the Gulf eventually decolonizes into the United Arab Emirates.

Africa: The South African War ends in a status quo antebellum, Huttig forms the Greater African Reich, and it swiftly collapses. The OFN intervenes in the Madagascar Civil War and establishes a Mandate on the island, eventually transferring control to a new Republic of Madagascar, which joins the OFN as a dependent state, while the US annexes Mauritius. Most of the surviving Jews are allowed to emigrate to Israel, but a few remain behind. The Italian and Iberian colonies in Algeria are merged to form the Algerian Union after the former conquers the latter. The Kingdom of Egypt collapses into several localized civil wars, with region ultimately being stabilized into the Kingdom of Egypt, the Republic of Sudan, and the Azanian Republic. After the end of the SAW, the coalition formed between the United Party and the ANC reforms the Union of South Africa into a federal government that maintains a stable, if uneasy, peace between the country's various ethnic groups. The Oil Crisis forces Italy to grant independence to most of East Africa in 1973, christening the new country the Commonwealth of Abyssinia, while retaining direct control over Djibouti. Unfortunately, the ethnic tensions in the commonwealth leads to its dissolution into the successor states of Ethiopia, Kenya, and Somalia in 1979.

Russia and Central Asia: Samara under Bunyachenko unifies West Russia, Tyumen under Khrushchev unifies West Siberia, Tomsk under the Decembrists unifies Central Siberia, Magadan under Matkovsky unifies the Far East, Orenburg under Burba and the Ural League defeat Dirlewanger and Lysenko, and Pavlodar unifies Kazakhstan. Samara annexes Onega, Orenburg, and the Urals but fails to retake Karelia. Samara defeats Tyumen, while Tomsk defeats Magadan before going on to defeat Samara at the superregional level, reuniting Russia into the Russian Republic and developing successfully developing nuclear weapons. Several years later, the Russian Republic initiates the Second West Russian War against the Reich, which has been weakened by constant Red Army Faction attacks and Bormann's purges. Russia occupies Mosckowien, the Caucuses, and parts of Ukraine before Germany threatens to retaliate with nukes. After a period of tense negotiations, Germany cedes Mosckowien and the Caucuses to Russia. During the GAW, Russia extorts the Russian majority regions of Outer Manchuria from Japan in exchange for a promise to not assist China.

Iberia: The Iberian Union completes the Gibraltar Dam before peacefully dissolving into the Spanish State and the Second Portuguese Republic. Spain retains direct control over the dam, but grants Portugal free access to the power provided by it and guaranteed passage between the Straits. After Franco's death in 1975, Spain reforms into Third Spanish Republic and grants independence to Morocco, but retains control over Gabon, Guinea, the Rif (in order to have a buffer around the dam), and São Tomé.

Burgundy: Thermonuclear war is averted, and Burgundy dies with Himmler in 1981. The Shadow State eventually collapses into several squabbling warlord cliques that hold off outside intervention with their nukes before eventually collapsing due to a worldwide embargo placed upon them. Afterwards, most of the region is annexed by France (apart from Flanders and Wallonia, which are granted to the Belgian government-in-exile), but large portions remain ungoverned due to devastation wrought by Himmler's policies.

France: The French State elects Antonine Pinay and renounces its claims to Brittany and the areas it conquered before reforming into the Fourth French Republic. After de Gaulle's death, the remnants of Free France enter negotiations with mainland France, eventually agreeing to be annexed into the Fourth French Republic as the Overseas Department and Region of the Ivory Coast.

Last edited:
I had a lot of fun with my earlier headcanon and wanted to try my hand at some other scenarios I've thought up. Lets start it off with TNO...in...SPACE!

United States (you know where this is going. blah blah the one place not corrupted by fascism blah blah):
  • 1962: Nixon waits to veto 1962 CRA as he sees it as a distraction from his foreign policy focus. This starts the defections relatively later in his term (after the midterms end). As such, the NPP-C is still strengthened quite a bit, but the reaction against Nixon is muddled by swift victory in Guyana, high profile bilateral relations with India, and a decent showing in South Africa (status quo antebellum the day before Nixon resigns). JFK does the usual. However, McCormack inherits no war to win, and therefore has no controversial legacy to save. He is free to play the enlightened caretaker president and twiddle his thumbs; he'd prefer it no other way.
  • 1964: The R-D party drops Nixon so fast you'd swear they were celebrating impeaching Thurmond himself, but they overcompensate and run Wallace Bennet to seem as inoffensive as possible. As such, Robert Kennedy wins the presidency by a modest margin, but lands far from the Senate majority he would need to pass "the glorious bill". RFK therefore goes the "foot in the door" route, passing powerful civil rights (Lincoln icon) through the miracle of bipartisan cooperation with Republicans (genuinely popular policies you can claim for your reelection campaign are a hell of a drug). RFK then starts work on the NPP's core promise to pursue the treaty ports. He makes good progress, but splits his time with the second half of his civil rights focus tree branch, leaving neither fully complete. Throughout, RFK occasionally invests in tackling poverty via generous use of the bully pulpit, entering issues of income insecurity into the public eye and the NPP's continued platform. 1966 sees limited gains for the NPP as their socioeconomic accomplishments endear them to steel belt voters and their public effort toward the treaty ports attracts would-be NPP-FR neoconservatives, though Republican-Democrats pull off very solid campaigns in California, Ohio, and New England that maintain their position in Congress. On the civil rights side, RFK goes for the shady stuff, gets caught, and goes full failed cover-up.
  • 1966: After the Saturday Night Massacre, the president tries to clinch 1968 by rushing treaty port negotiations. The Japanese recognize his desperation, which is by this point common knowledge as the ex-Attorney General and a steady stream of disgruntled staffers and politicized appointees lambast RFK as a hypocrite and the second coming of Nixon himself. As a testament to State Department negotiators, the pressure of a costly civil war in Indonesia (courtesy of the CIA), and China's completion of its technological investment tree, RFK secures the ports and Hawaii + Aleutians, but is forced to completely end the oil embargo and facilitate Japanese-favorable trade. And yet, the negotiations drag on for too long to save a semi-discredited RFK's campaign.
  • 1968: The American public's heuristic opinion-development is shaped by the combination of successful engagement with geopolitical rivals, high-profile investments into public economic and social issues, and the disappointment that candidates from both parties were revealed to be corrupt to some extent. This odd mixture of disillusionment and accomplishment plays into the R-D's favor. Goldwater initially leads in the primaries and defends against John Glenn's surprisingly insightful performance in early debates. Then, he has the rug swept out from under him by the announcement of treaty port negotiations, which make his calls for greater military investments seem potentially unnecessary. The northeastern wing of the party takes this flashpoint of political flux as a chance to reassert dominance over the party, with Nelson Rockefeller, Henry Cabot Lodge, and William Scranton all endorsing Glenn right before the New Hampshire primary, where he successfully captures the momentum to win the nomination. Although the then-ongoing negotiations with Japan give hope to many, the discussions also distract RFK from campaigning as broadly as he could. In his absence, Glenn's cross-country tour puts his face on every television and his accusations against RFK's "Nixonian power grab" become household discussion topics. In the end, John Glenn wins the presidency, though RFK emerges with a reasonably popular legacy due to civil rights and the return of Hawaii (naturally a new NPP-Senate stronghold) the day before inauguration.
  • 1969: Glenn plays his first 100 days very keenly, spending his political capital and initial momentum to fill his cabinet with technocrats over party favorites. Then, aware of how fragile American support for NASA is, he decides the administration can't risk a high profile failed mission, large or small. Therefore, Glenn's first term is instead dominated by publicly acting on the great power politics and socio-economic challenges made salient by his predecessors, all while providing NASA with the strongest foundation possible in private, by any means necessary. President Glenn presses for pensions, social security, and bans lobbying while massively expanding the nuclear arsenal in the name of détente. Against any other administrations in Germany and Japan, this missile gap might critically aggravate anxieties and risk nuclear war, but the combination of just the right leaders secures peace through superior firepower. Throughout, NASA gets its funding, much more staff and facilities, and launches several unmanned satellites.
  • 1972: The R-D's feel vindicated by their renewed popularity and the NPP-C is placated by the continuation of bipartisanship during socioeconomic reforms. All pollsters expect a landslide reelection for Glenn, while arguments on the direction of the NPP lead party leader to consider throwing the towel and de-facto give up on the 1972 election. Then the news drops that the Office of Management and Budget has been siphoning Defense funding for NASA's use. The Republicans attempt to paint the affair as a nothingburger while the NPP cry bloody murder and the Democrats point out that none of their presidents has ever been caught in scandal and suggest everything would be better if they ran the party. However, by this time the public is rather desensitized to the regularly-scheduled presidential gotcha right before elections and, despite the NPP's efforts and Barry Goldwater's rants, don't feel strongly enough on the issue to punish President Glenn for it regardless. Astropresident Spaceman wins reelection by a decidedly narrower margin than pollsters earlier guessed, but maintains his popular mandate and commanding Senate alliance, once the NPP-C recognize that their barbs aren't sticking. Glenn then finishes the rest of the space program focus tree and NASA goes to the Moon and Mars to tremendous acclaim. The stars beckon.
OFN: No Focus Tree? No headcanon!

Germany and Europe:
  • Goring is actually the initially favored candidate when his leader's health declines, as a populist-militarist who promises to renew dreams of conquest, but his support base responds remarkably stupidly to student protests ("We should just draft them all, lol"). Their mishandling of public affairs, and subsequent public controversies for Goring, allow Speer to make his move during the last episode of lucidity and is declared successor. Schorner and Bormann cry foul (insert crying wojak) , leading Heydrich to plan to target them and attempt to seize their arms and industry to defeat the "greater threat of Marxist-Speerist Bolshevism" or whatever. The civil war kicks off and Heydrich's troops in the east and Rhine target Goring and Bormann, respectively, distracting them while Speer seizes Wilhelmshaven, Bremen, and Hamburg to receive convoys of fighters, arms, and funds from everyone. Although Bormann takes Strasbourg by the end of 1963, Speer captures the Rhineland and Kiel, while foreign volunteers and student uprisings disrupt his rivals would-be victories. The success of Meyer-Landrut in Ostland cuts of Goring's last supply route, while Italy and Pinay's France pretend not to receive Bormann's polite requests/threats of violence/quixotic demands for aid. Speer wins and returns to Germania on the one-year anniversary of the start of hostilities.
  • Speer and the Group of Four jostle for years as they try to out maneuver each other, leaving the political situation confused and incoherent. When the revolt comes around, the regime is at serious risk of overthrow by Oberlander and intervention by Schorner. Decidedly unamicably, Speer and the Group of Four put their differences aside temporarily to negotiate an end to the revolt and quietly revoke the militarists' privileges. Afterward, they expect to go back to their status quo of balancing, but none of them realize the Germany they've created. In the absence of a truly inspiring authority figure in government (Speer's speeches get repetitive and the Group of Four is too busy undermining him to set the agenda themselves), popular nostalgia latches onto the last event all citizens can uncontroversially romanticize: the moon landing. America's gains in space offer a new competitive arena for the cold war, one less stressful than the martial dimension all were exhaustingly used to by that point, sparking renewed interest in manned space missions. It's not the popular demands Speer of the Group of Four expected, but with bread come circuses. Space Circuses.
  • The Government wins in England, since HMMLR relied to much on Stirling's branch but couldn't match Douglas-Home's investment in holding Sussex and Portsmouth. However, the conflict discredits many collaborators. The much-reported sacking of Newcastle by Cornwall Garrison troops infuriates the citizenry while Chesterton's equivocations only exacerbate the public image of him as a bootlicker. The cabinet resigns in disgrace and elections commence. McMillan's subdued campaign plays well in London proper, but fails to make major gains in the still-simmering Midlands and East Anglia. Thatcher's platform plays surprisingly well at first, but infighting with her own party and her unwillingness to compromise with the still-strong elite branch of the party holds her back. The turn of the German civil war in favor of Speer ends up playing the deciding factor and Reginald Maudling becomes Prime Minister. Although trapped in the Pakt, Maulding is confident he can secure continued reforms and the continent is in no state to challenge that notion.
  • Italy wins in the Middle East, hands power over to the Levantine Confederation, then joins...the Co-Prosperity Sphere ?!?!
Russia:
  • West Russia: Zhdanov secures Komi and backstabs the WRRF to take over enough assets to secure the region. However, his antics and public relations face-heel turn antagonizes many citizens, even left-leaning ones. Visionary policies proceed regardless, with the engineering side especially successful.
  • West Siberia: Yeltsin's Russia emerges after Kaganovich got complacent when Omsk fell surprisingly fast. However, the region is still conquered by Zhdanov, whose tech investments pay off with superior armor winning the war.
  • Far East: Buryatia keeps Irkutsk busy while Amur takes too long for Magadan to take down, allowing Chita to rush the closest enemy capital once all but some militia leave. Rinse and repeat as needed.
  • Central Siberia: The Modernists win in Tomsk, then proceed to seize Krasnoyarsk for its infrastructure and use their superior mobilization speed to unify the region earliest among the four areas of Russia. American funding and intelligence support is immediate and grows under RFK as he seeks ways to pressure Japan during upcoming negotiations. This translates into a greater quality of life for the CSR's citizens and the resources it needs to follow up on its intended research. By the time Chita's Far East gets around to challenging Tomsk they're soundly curbstomped and Michael actually flies home to Australia on a shiny jet with that new plane smell.
  • Sudden Death round: After the federation's performance in West Siberia, they were the favorite for international wargaming betting markets. Tomsk's Modernists have maintained their governing position and reach out to Zhdanov to negotiate on some form of compromise. Alas, Zhdanov's self-image of himself as a Marx and Lenin two-for-one deal, inflated by his conquest of Sverdelovsk, precludes any agreement and the states go to war. As the conflict drags on, two things become clear. First, Tomsk is continually receiving aid from Glenn's U.S. in the form of surplus/previous generation armaments (profits suspiciously diverted to something something "Viking" ). Second, Zhdanov's clique is nowhere as loyal as he thinks and his ego continues to aggravate the issue. Vladimir Cholomei (correctly) suspects that Zhdanov's emphasis on unproven technologies and luck-of-the-draw research means that he's at risk of losing support for his missile program and could be purged for outliving his usefulness. Meanwhile, Nikolai Kardashev has been in radio communication with Tomsk since before the war even started and fully intends to save Russia's people (and its science) from Zhdanov's vision (or rather farsightedness). A palace coup as Siberian armies take Perm ends the war and a technocratic, but rather more ethical, administration takes steps towards a bright future. "Hey Kazakhstan. Ever considered building a cosmodrome? What do you mean you're Polish, where'd the Kyzlorda guy go?"
East Asia:
  • Japan: Takagi wins out on the power struggle and succeeds with his reforms to the economy, with the potential challenge of the zaibatsu and quasi-"reformists" headed off by the masterful attraction of the whole Italian bloc to the Co-Prosperity sphere. "Who knew politics was so easy ;). That'll show Kaya how to reform properly". Likewise, the return of the treaty ports and Hawaii is mostly brushed over by the flow of oil and the exchange of exports across new markets. This whole new space race business actually sounds interesting to the wave of entrepreneurs that arise in the wake of de-monopolization. Things look bright for the Empire, as long as no one in the bloc tries anything funny.
  • Free Indonesia tries something funny, depending on your sense of humor. Japan's attempt at a blockade might have succeeded, but mysterious resistance in the Philippines materializes and the U.S Navy spontaneously announces joint exercises with Australia well outside either of their territorial waters. "Well, the sphere should be able to manage, after all we've got Italy's oil...a revolution in the Gulf... well that American oil arrived just in time, so as long as there's no more surpri-"
  • Gao's China Modernizes.

Last edited:
My personal head cannon

Tomsk unites Russia. Under humanists.

Germany is Gang of 4 lead.

America is RFK and run by the republican/democrat party

Italy joins OFN

South Africa forces a armistice.

I haven’t played much Asia so idk

The Asian Tragedy :
2927A891-52FE-4AB5-9FDE-7898A797F8BA.jpeg

The Great Asian War Was Won By A Kishi Led Japan Which Then Proceeded To Do The Rape Of Nanking But 100X Worse On All Of Mainland China,Erasing China Not Just As An Independant Nation But As An Idea In Its Entirety.
The Russian Nightmare:
5B32EF71-9DEB-46DD-A749-10D431CAE988.jpeg

Taboritysky’s HRE Having Erased The Very Idea Of A United Russia From The Very Minds Of The Russian People And Making Nearly Half Of All Russia Literally Uninhabitable Due To Constant Overuse Of Chemical Weapons.
The American Dream:
3F885422-E6BE-4DC9-B960-DE24991ADE4B.jpeg

(Credit to Zero Scale)
America Elects Bennet For 2 Terms And Implements Very Moderate Civil Rights Whilst Also Winning Both The South African War And Indonesian War. Electing Goldwater In 1968 Before He Declines To Run For A 2nd Term Allowing Robert Mcnamara To Become President In ‘72.
The Dream Came True:
EEBF9864-E4C8-4B4D-8F78-3145A0A23AFC.jpeg

(Credit To Md1957 Arts and Gaming)
The GO4 Managed To Puppet Speer And Eventually Make Germany A True Democracy,With The Main Parties Being Zentrum(A Rough Reconstruction Of The Weimar Era Party) And The Sozialdemokratische Partei Deutschlands.
Iberia’s Dusk:
A63D6E6C-1C3A-488E-ABBB-584CB13DADDF.jpeg

(Credit To Md1957 Arts and Gaming)
The Iberian Nation Became Embroiled In The Iberian Wars Until The Anarchy Stage Evetually Being United By The National Redemption Front Who Could Summed Up As “Christian Isis”.
Italian Democracy:
A558A3A6-C893-45D1-A1D6-61B20CBFBDE7.jpeg

(Credit to Zero Scale)
Italy Was Eventually Reformed Into A Functional Democracy Eventually Having Conservative Democract Amintore Fanfani As Leader.

Last edited:
My own headcanon for TNO:

Americas:
- The United States elect Johnson but the R-Ds split, leaving the NPP to increase in power, and goes a massive overhaul in domestic policy. However, both Johnson and McNamara after him go full-on interventionist and expand the OFN massively. Although first negocations failed, due to the GAW, Japan needs the oil and returns the treaty ports, Attu and Hawaii to the U.S.

Europe:
- Free England wins but Wilson takes the election, creating the Commonwealth of England, later to become the Commonwealth of Britain and eventually joins the OFN.
- Free Norway wins the day and joins the OFN.
- In Germany, Speer wins the civil war due to forgein support. However, this left Germany in ruins as the war dragged on, despite Heydrich being crushed early on. Goring, seeing imminent defeat, ordered mass bombings, while Bormann and Speer's confrontations would leave Southern Germany in ruins. Only Northwestern Germany would be somewhat spared, with Hamburg and Bremen having survived relatively intact. The Go4 survive, but never manage to fully take over due to the war with Russia.
- Italy restores democracy and joins the OFN. Romania, Hungary, Serbia and France also eventually join. Bulgaria stays Germany-aligned.
- Brittany gets invaded by OFN-France.
- Russia is united under Zhukov, who proceeds to take advantage of the German weakness to invade. They push till Konigsberg until the OFN pushes for a ceasefire. The USSR gets Ukraine, Belarus, Kaukasien and Moskowien but gives up Ostland.
- Iberia collapses into civil war, but manages to complete the Gibraltar Dam before that point. Portugal undergoes a monarchist restoration, while Spain goes a democratic reformation, but loses Catalonia and the Basque Country in the process.
- Burgundy collapses under its own weight. The economical drain as well as sanctions make that Himmler's dream never becomes a reality as he is assassinated by a pissed-off SS squad. Burgundy falls into civil war, with OFN-France sweeping in to reap the rewards while Germany is too busy dealing with Russia to care. However, although much of Burgundy hasn't fallen into complete ruins, it will take years to recover, as Belgium just gets absorbed by France for the time being.
- Poland is a German puppet, but at least it is mostly free.

Africa:
- The Afrika-Schild gets screwed in the War against South Africa. The OFN negociates a ceasefire in their favour, which prompts Huttig to unite the RKs. It doesn't last a month and the RKs all collapse.
- South Africa negociates with the ANC, as well as legalize the organization while purging its most extreme members.
- Madagascar is separated in two, with the Hitnagut movement getting the North, and an OFN mandate installed in the South.
- The Iberian Union wins the Algerian War, but FLN and French forces come in and spoil their fun, taking over the country and installing Free Algeria alongside Greater Algiers as a french possession.
- Free France is forced to watch as the OFN recognizes the Fourth French Republic. Despite unifying the Ivory Coast with former possessions such as Senegal, Guinea and Burkina, Free France is relegated to France-but-in-Africa-and-more-annoying status.

Middle East:
- The Italo-Turkish war ends in a stalemate, weakening Italy's position in the Med.
- Egypt breaks away, but Italy retains the Suez Canal zone.
- The U.A.E breaks off, but stays in the OFN.
- The monarchists win the Iranian Civil War.
- The Dhofar Rebellion is crushed.
- The Kurdish break free and join the OFN, while the Ba'thists win in Iraq. Kuwait joins the U.A.E.

Asia/Oceania:
- In Japan, Order 44 goes through and causes chaos throughout Asia. Weakened, Japan is forced to concede the treaty ports, Hawaii, Attu, New Guinea and the Solomons in exchange for a chance at winning the war. Unluckily for them, the US get their cake and eat it too as they pour weapons into China, leading to a crushing ROC victory.
- Indonesia becomes free and joins the OFN due to overwhelming OFN support.
- Vietnam becomes free during the GAW and goes communist.
- Malaya and Sarawak break free during the GAW.
- Due to the GAW, Australia takes back New Guinea and the Solomons.
- India joins the OFN, while Pakistan breaks off peacefully.

Germany is dead, but Fascism marches on

The defeat of Germany in the Second West Russian War dealt the deathblow to the ailing Bormann regime, with a military coup taking power that ceded Moscow, the Caucases, Ukraine, and Belarus to resurgent Russia. But for the people of Eastern Europe this was no respite; Sergei Bunyachenko stood triumphant over Germany's corpse. He would draw his regime closer towards Japan as he consolidated Russia's new empire, intervening in the Great Asian War in exchange for Russian Manchuria. Japan, led by Kido Koichi, reformed into an efficient imperialist state, breaking up China and solidifying its dominion over East Asia. Today the Co-Prosperity Sphere is a truly global bloc, with a reformist Fascist Italy making up the third of a triumvirate of authoritarian great powers that rule over much of Eurasia. Naziism has been disavowed and is universally loathed as a vile, genocidal ideology, but in its place has risen an efficient Totalitarianism with a human face that has moved, mostly, from strength to strength.

However, not all is lost. The USA achieved a social democratic consensus under President Robert Kennedy, and under his successor Henry Jackson managed to make plenty of gains during the Cold War, such as as a reborn United Kingdom, a reformed Iberian Federation, and a united Republic of India. Although France sided with Germany it had a democratic revolution when Germany fell, and the US protected that government; it later aided the French Republic in recovering what was lost from the collapsing state of Burgundy. France is a nation that may never recover from what was done to it, but at least it is free. The US has made far more progress on equality for blacks than it has OTL, though Japanese-Americans are still deeply discriminated against, and it has become a true social democracy, but it's also incredibly interventionist, with the need to roll back Fascism being accepted by both parties and even some in the radical left. The Alps and the Himalayas are the frontline of what can be called the Second Cold War- and it's just as intense as the first, with IJAAF and Regia Aeronautica drones blasting apart the Middle East against US backed Islamists, the US sponsoring a series of coups against any pro-CPS governments in Latin America, the CIA and Kempeitai aiding opposite sides of the recent 'Brexit' referendum (narrowly won by the campaign to remain within the OFN) and Germany's Wehrmacht junta playing both sides in an attempt to still exert some influence over Europe. Nazi Germany is dead, but it may have gotten the last laugh. For, in this world, it is only the dead who have seen the end of war.

Last edited: