Your Personal Pop Culture Utopia timeline

Well, I'm still not sure if you would agree to go live in that world or not.
Well, here the devil is in the details - that is, I probably could live in my "ideal" world from the political and economic and social point of view, provided that there is no punk rock or even extreme metal, simply because I am ready to believe that they do not need them . Well, if it turns out that they are generally opposite to me on an aesthetic issue, then I will decide that their ideology is wrong. I think that this partially coincides with the answer of Mithridates.

As I understood the question, the world that appears on the stage works according to these two rules:

1) Politically everything will be as you would like it to be. It doesn't matter if this doesn't make sense or would be impossible, in that world it works.

2) Culturally all art will be in all the ways you hate the most. Again, it doesn't matter if this doesn't make sense or would be impossible, it will happen anyway.

Which leads to my assessment that I wouldn't want to live in that kind of world because it would be a horrible bore.

Think about it a bit.

EACH. DAMNED. ARTISTIC. PRODUCTION. exists only in the form that most disgusts you. What's even worse: literally every other person in the world likes those works.

This means that you won't be able to talk to anyone about anything because you will be considered the "tasteless weirdo" for the simple reason that no one will like the kind of stories you like.

Which leaves you with the "interesting" options of dedicating yourself exclusively to work, or resigning yourself to a life of loneliness and social isolation because people don't tend to like guys who don't like the trendy series.

So the bottom line is that no matter how well that world works, I'd rather it work without me on board.

As I understood the question, the world that appears on the stage works according to these two rules:

1) Politically everything will be as you would like it to be. It doesn't matter if this doesn't make sense or would be impossible, in that world it works.

2) Culturally all art will be in all the ways you hate the most. Again, it doesn't matter if this doesn't make sense or would be impossible, it will happen anyway.
Yeah pretty much this, I mostly asked this as a hypothetical, I wasn't trying to work out the details of how this world would work for each person.

The cast of Mission: Impossible Season #2 looks like this:

mi2.jpg

I.e. when Stephen Hill is fired being too much of an observant Jew, Cinnamon takes over (as she was being groomed for) and Eartha Kitt's character, who guest starred in one episode, becomes a more-or-less permanent addition. This means no Eartha Kitt Catwoman, but I'll take that trade.

(forgive the slapdash photoshop)

The cast of Mission: Impossible Season #2 looks like this:

View attachment 814652

I.e. when Stephen Hill is fired being too much of an observant Jew, Cinnamon takes over (as she was being groomed for) and Eartha Kitt's character, who guest starred in one episode, becomes a more-or-less permanent addition. This means no Eartha Kitt Catwoman, but I'll take that trade.

(forgive the slapdash photoshop)
Would mean that Barbara Bain stayed for more than the three seasons , she did in OTL

• My Life as a Teenage Robot continues and examines Jenny's life as she tries to be more human-like. She does eventually end up with Sheldon after everything they go through together. The XJ-10 bit seen in the show would later be capitalized as Jenny's upgrade, symbolizing her growth from a teenager into an adult. It's also implied to be the result of nanotech, allowing her for greater capabilities and better human experiences. The show ends with Jenny tacking adulthood with her friends, family and boyfriend by her side.
How many more seasons would you say this take continues for?

• Spongebob Squarepants ends after the Spongebob Squarepants Movie though several mroe episodes are still made periodically as "specials" (such as "Dunces and Dragons", "Best Day Ever," "Friend or Foe" and so on.) The specials are also longer than they are in OTL. Nick said that this was done because interest was maintained in Spongebob and done as exercises in creativity regarding the versatility of the characters.
I could see a take on this where Hillenburg reaches a compromise with Nick:

He gets to end Spongebob after season 5, but then those specials are indeed produced every other year while Hillenburg also gets to make his second series.

Postman Pat premieres in the US on PBS in 1987.
Shining Time Station doesn't exist, and Thomas and Friends premieres in the US as a standalone show in it's place.
Also, in the show's third season, Emily, Stanley, Lady, Rosie, Molly and Salty are introduced. The minuature railway is introduced in series 4.
Phineas and Ferb is greenlit by Nickelodeon in 1995, and premieres in June 1996, running until 2002.
Disney Branded Television goes defunct in 2008, with the US Disney Channel closing forever in 2010. Most of their shows are moved to other channels, and Nick Jr even ended up getting Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in a few countries after the Disney channels had already shut down there.
Thus, Disney X-D never happens.
Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl appears in the first Toy Story movie and is Woody's love interest, who also gets lost at Sid's house with him and Buzz. Despite this, Bo Peep still has a secret crush on Woody.
Jetix international is never rebranded for reasons above.
The first four seasons of Fairly OddParents are never sold to Nelvana, with these instead airing on Nickelodeon worldwide.
Nickelodeon Germany doesn't shut down in 1998, as KiKa wasn't popular enough to exterminate it. The channel becomes free-to-air in 2004.
In the Netherlands, instead of being aired subtitled, The Simpsons (titled De Simpsons) is aired with Dutch dubbing.

Last edited:
Postman Pat premieres in the US on PBS in 1987.
Good.
Shining Time Station doesn't exist, and Thomas and Friends premieres in the US as a standalone show in it's place.
Excellent!
Also, in the show's third season, Emily, Stanley, Lady, Rosie, Molly and Salty are introduced.
Not much of a Thomas guy, but I can't complain about more characters.
Phineas and Ferb is greenlit by Nickelodeon in 1995, and premieres in June 1996, running until 2002.
Great!
Disney Branded Television goes defunct in 2008, with the US Disney Channel closing forever in 2010. Most of their shows are moved to other channels, with Nick Jr even getting Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in a few countries after Disney Channels had already shut down there.
If most of the shows are moved to other channels, does Disney even have another avenue to air their own programming? If they don't, where do you think their shows would end up in the States?
Thus, Disney X-D never happens.
Well, it would have launched the year after their branded television shuts down, and one year before Disney Channel ends transmission, so I'm not surprised it never happens here. But why would shutting down Disney Branded Television and Disney Channel be a good thing to you?
Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl appears in the first Toy Story movie and is Woody's love interest, who also gets lost at Sid's house with him and Buzz. Despite this, Bo Peep still has a secret crush on Woody.
That might work.
Jetix international is never rebranded for reasons above.
Oh, so Jetix still takes up a majority of Toon Disney's schedule, then.
The first four seasons of Fairly OddParents are never sold to Nelvana, with these instead airing on Nickelodeon worldwide.
This, I would completely enjoy.
Nickelodeon Germany doesn't shut down in 1998, as KiKa wasn't popular enough to exterminate it. The channel becomes free-to-air in 2004.
Okay.

Actually, when Disney Channel closed on May 21, 2010, so did Toon Disney. The final program to air on Toon Disney, excluding Jetix, was House of Mouse.

Last edited:
Actually, when Disney Channel closed on May 21, 2010, so did Toon Disney. The final program to air on Toon Disney, excluding Jetix, was House of Mouse.
Well, at least that channel lasted a year longer as a result. And if we are excluding Jetix, there is a sense of serendipity in ending with the same characters the first day celebrated. Namely, Mickey Mouse and company.

But where do you think the remaining shows would end up? Or are there any shows left on the Disney Channels?

It was shut down worldwide. The first Disney Channel to say sayonara was Disney Channel Scandinavia on May 22, 2009, with the alternate Toy Story being the last program to air. The Disney Channel worldwide closure was also the reason Little Einsteins got cancelled in this timeline. It was cancelled to not have to move that many shows after the Disney Channel closed. Thus, LE is one of the shows that was taken off broadcast after Disney Channel closed, with a whopping 5 months of reruns. In the US, most of the Disney Channel originals that were still running in 2009 for this timeline were sent off to ABC.

Last edited:
It was shut down worldwide. The first Disney Channel to say sayonara was Disney Channel Scandinavia on May 22, 2009, with the alternate Toy Story being the last program to air. The Disney Channel worldwide closure was also the reason Little Einsteins got cancelled in this timeline. It was cancelled to not have to move that many shows after the Disney Channel closed. Thus, LE is one of the shows that was taken off broadcast after Disney Channel closed, with a whopping 5 months of reruns. In the US, most of the Disney Channel originals that were still running in 2009 for this timeline were sent off to ABC.
That is just sad, but at least ABC gets what was left in the US feed.