Your Personal Pop Culture Utopia timeline

Why, yes - this is the entire legacy of the Roman Empire. Adjusted for the fact that in the eastern provinces there was more developed urban government.

I think it's amazing that Rome, in one form or another, came about in the 700s BC and died less than half a century before Columbus' fateful voyage.

If the Byzantines lasted into the 21st century, what elements of pop culture would change? What unique culture did the Byzantines have that would change things if they lived long enough to see mass media?

If the Byzantines lasted into the 21st century, what elements of pop culture would change? What unique culture did the Byzantines have that would change things if they lived long enough to see mass media?
It's difficult to say so right away. I can imagine that the more resilient Rhomania will probably be the center of the Renaissance in Europe. But then there are too many factors that need to be considered in detail.

My pop culture utopia is one where Tom Hanks still made more comedy movies.

Tom Hanks regrets some of the comedy movies he made during the 1980s, but I strongly disagree: I sincerely believe it takes natural talent to make people laugh. While I love his Oscar-winning performances, I think even his silly movies like Dragnet are a blast.

Plus, I think he should do more with his SNL character, Doug. He should get a Netflix special about Doug or even a sitcom about him.

Here are some TV shows I'd love to see.

1. A Richie Rich animated dramedy series that heavily deconstructs the Richie Rich mythos by showing how the family gained wealth through unethical means.

The thing is that the 1994 movie, despite being criticized as cheesy, already had some of these themes in it. One wonderful scene depicts Richie's rival gushing about engaging in a fraudulent stock scheme. But the movie depicts the flaws of capitalism as a "good guy vs. bad guy" thing, and not a systematic failure of capitalism. It was a product of the 1990s when there was some optimism about neoliberalism, but after years of economic problems caused by greed, an updated version of Richie Rich would explore the ethical problems of amassing big fortunes. In this dramedy series, Richie inherits his father's company, only to learn that while Richard Sr. was a great father, he was a downright predatory businessman, and is forced to confront that even the charity his father promoted was fairly self-serving.

2. OTL, the Simpsons writers were going to make a spin-off based on 22 Short Films About Springfield, in which a different Simpsons character would be spotlighted. The reason why they didn't go through with it was the sheer workload, but I feel canceling the main show around season 10 and working on this show would've preserved the reputation of the Simpsons franchise.

3. A crossover between Heathers and some other cop show. It'd be interesting to see a cop completely demolish the BS of J.D., the Heathers, and the self-serving staff of Westerburg High.

4. Disney Channel produces an actual anime-inspired TV show or even works with a studio in Japan. Disney can revive its reputation by trying something different: in this case, try Eastern Animation for a change.

1. A Richie Rich animated dramedy series that heavily deconstructs the Richie Rich mythos by showing how the family gained wealth through unethical means.
That would be cool.
4. Disney Channel produces an actual anime-inspired TV show or even works with a studio in Japan. Disney can revive its reputation by trying something different: in this case, try Eastern Animation for a change.
This. This is what we all want and need......

I don’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m afraid it won’t work. The most important aspect of Richie is that he is a nice guy with endless finances. This is a character who embodies the desire to be rich and nice to others at the same time. There are plenty of stories showing the corrupting influence of business and wealth without it.

I would say that the problem with deconstructions is that in many cases they focus so much on showing how stupid the author considers the original concept that they often do not propose an alternative or what they put in its place is even worse than what was originally there.

I would say that the problem with deconstructions is that in many cases they focus so much on showing how stupid the author considers the original concept that they often do not propose an alternative or what they put in its place is even worse than what was originally there.

I don’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m afraid it won’t work. The most important aspect of Richie is that he is a nice guy with endless finances. This is a character who embodies the desire to be rich and nice to others at the same time. There are plenty of stories showing the corrupting influence of business and wealth without it.

The problem with deconstruction is it comes down to execution as deconstructions aren’t inherently good or bad.

So how do you deconstruct the issues with Richie Rich while keeping the cool stuff?
This. This is what we all want and need......

If Disney could find a new formula it can get back on track.

What if the Simpsons did end in 2000? What would Fox do with their sunday night lineup? And IMO Beverly Hills 90210 lasted four to five years too long by 1995 or 1996 it was stupid to have the same cast mostly for nearly a decade.

The problem with deconstruction is it comes down to execution as deconstructions aren’t inherently good or bad.

So how do you deconstruct the issues with Richie Rich while keeping the cool stuff?
I mean, why go and deconstruct it in the first place?

It's like, who is this for exactly? Richie Rich doesn't have much of an audience to begin with. Wanna make a deconstruction, go and do it with something new then.

Richie Rich is pretty much meant to be this sort of odd 'product of its time' thing. Wealth flaunting in cartoonish ways is part of the joke, that alot of people in our time would take too seriously and often, too personally.

So it'd come off as somewhat mean-spirited.

Last edited:
I mean, why go and deconstruct it in the first place?

It's like, who is this for exactly? Richie Rich doesn't have much of an audience to begin with. Wanna make a deconstruction, go and do it with something new then.

Richie Rich is pretty much meant to be this sort of odd 'product of its time' thing. Wealth flaunting in cartoonish ways is part of the joke, that alot of people in our time would take too seriously and often, too personally.

So it'd come off as somewhat mean-spirited.

I don't know if it has to be mean-spirited. Maybe it could be like the recent Superman show: an optimistic series centered around himbo Superman and tomboy Lois Lane with some deconstructive elements.

You could still explore the majesty of the Rich manor while asking tough questions about income inequality.

I don't know if it has to be mean-spirited. Maybe it could be like the recent Superman show: an optimistic series centered around himbo Superman and tomboy Lois Lane with some deconstructive elements.

You could still explore the majesty of the Rich manor while asking tough questions about income inequality.
A true deconstruction would be the rich boy get into s
Disney Channel produces an actual anime-inspired TV show or even works with a studio in Japan. Disney can revive its reputation by trying something different: in this case, try Eastern Animation for a change.
No a chance, Disney channel own animator s hated anime, that's why Jake long was sidelined hard by kp team

No a chance, Disney channel own animator s hated anime, that's why Jake long was sidelined hard by kp team

What a shame. Is this a sign of a company unable to accept a new paradigm is a company that will doom itself to stagnation? Or is Disney too large and too well known to simply disappear whether it makes anime or not?

What a shame. Is this a sign of a company unable to accept a new paradigm is a company that will doom itself to stagnation? Or is Disney too large and too well known to simply disappear whether it makes anime or not?
Or that Disney itself doesn't need it, plus as i learned from the jake long/kim possible animators team beef, some animators are very influential and they've the ears of leadership, JL wasn't anime at all but was considered and clashed a lot internally

You guys are aware this is meant for people to flesh out  their personal perfect popular culture in their ideal imagined Earth so the criticism seems kinda unnecessary (the user didn't seem to ask for any], but that's just my opinion >.>

My idea is to have the Peanuts comic strip last until August 31st, 2010 as Schulz lives longer like in "As Dreamers Do". Schulz chose to retire due to both his health problems and due to his weakening skills. The Complete Peanuts still starts in 2004 and ends at Volume 31 in Early 2019 with Volume 30 including the entirety of the Lil' Folks strips.