Your personal pop culture dystopia timeline

Hey AHers, what's your personal pop culture dystopia timeline? By this, I mean everything in pop culture doesn't work out well for you, the shows that disappointed you disappoint you even more, your favourite ship (as long as it isn't a crackship) has less acceptance in the fandom, the shows that you didn't want to get cancelled get cancelled earlier.

This is like your personal pop culture utopia timelines, but the complete opposite of them.

PNWKing

Banned
-Universal merges with Paramount in 1997.
-In general, much more media consolidation.
-Sci-fi never becomes mainstream
-Nintendo exits the console market in the mid-2000s.
-Violence in video games is pretty much standard.
-Nelvana is bought by Universal-Paramount in 1999, and is limited to making cartoons based on Paramount properties.
-Brickleberry runs for 14 seasons (and is still on) and is considered the "Second Coming of South Park."

-Universal merges with Paramount in 1997.
-In general, much more media consolidation.
-Sci-fi never becomes mainstream
-Nintendo exits the console market in the mid-2000s.
-Violence in video games is pretty much standard.
-Nelvana is bought by Universal-Paramount in 1999, and is limited to making cartoons based on Paramount properties.
-Brickleberry runs for 14 seasons (and is still on) and is considered the "Second Coming of South Park."
I wonder how you came up with that kind of stuff.

Hey AHers, what's your personal pop culture dystopia timeline? By this, I mean everything in pop culture doesn't work out well for you, the shows that disappointed you disappoint you even more, your favourite ship (as long as it isn't a crackship) has less acceptance in the fandom, the shows that you didn't want to get cancelled get cancelled earlier.

This is like your personal pop culture utopia timelines, but the complete opposite of them.

They create a bunch of stupid unscripted TV shows and call them "reality TV"

A bunch of annoying airheads become famous for no apparent reason.

Country music gets ruined by turning into glorified pop.

90% of movies are unoriginal and recycled.

OTL is pretty bad as is but could be worse.

Rock music keeping on full steam after the 00s instead of it's OTL decline in the 2010s and after for one.
Reality TV staying at full late 00s levels of popularity.
More media/telecom consolidation. More "safe"/bland culture.
Disney buys more studios/companies than even OTL.

Tolkien's Middle-earth becomes a cash cow franchise written by the committee while he's still alive or shortly after his death. Bonus points if it gets added to Disney's portfolio.

More franchises in the Marvel mold and that adopt the same quippy tone and voice - Harry Potter becomes a long-lasting series, DC is successful rather than having to be constantly retooled, there's a new LOTR-universe film every year, etc. Basically the Disneyfication trend but accelerated.

Here’s what I can think of.:

The Sonic the Hedgehog series ends after Sonic 06, thus ending it on a very sour note.

So without Sonic being the mascot of Sega anymore, who’ll be Sega’s new mascot now?

- after a great deal of argument, Roddenberry's Space Trek thing is greenlighted as "Space Cowboys" and is literally a Western set on Mars (using red filters) starring Marshall Kirk, his racist faithful Indian Martian sidekick Spock, and "Doc" McCoy.

- Live action "Yellow Submarine" movie is a disaster that bankrupts United Artists.

- Steve Howe joins Jethro Tull instead of Yes. As a result, the Yes Album (featuring Peter Banks) sucks and Atlantic cancels their contract. No "Fragile" or "Close to The Edge" or "Yessongs".

- Pink Floyd does not bankroll "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" and it is never produced.

-

1. The entire SpongeBob SquarePants franchise ends after One Coarse Meal, thus ending it on a very sour note.
So, without SpongeBob as the main mascot of Nickelodeon now, who would be the new main mascot of Nickelodeon?

The concept of "popular culture" does not form. As a result, every movie, TV show, video game, etc. that you may happen to enjoy is just...gone.

THAT is a dystopia.

1. The entire SpongeBob SquarePants franchise ends after One Coarse Meal, thus ending it on a very sour note.
So, without SpongeBob as the main mascot of Nickelodeon now, who would be the new main mascot of Nickelodeon?
Aw man, you just said the same thing as I did, but differently!

Also, I guess the new mascot is gonna be Timmy Turner or someone else?