Your Opinion on Maps

Highlander

Banned
What do you like and dislike about maps people make here?

I like origional colors, and don't like it when one person puts an idea on the table, and everyone copies it in their maps.

I don't like having to scroll back and forth to see the whole map, and adjusting the brightness on the monitor to see the colors. :)

My monitor has trouble distinguishing dark colors next to other dark colors, so I prefer maps with brighter colors.

Diamond

Banned
Highlander said:
I like origional colors, and don't like it when one person puts an idea on the table, and everyone copies it in their maps.
I would agree with that.

Also... spelling errors. :)

Highlander said:
Tell me about it... I hate these fads the maps go through...

I also hate that color scheme that goes: beige - slightly different beige - a different tinge of beige - exactly the same bage disguised as a different beige...

I also hate all the enormous maps in the "blank map" thread. They are unusable!

But I like the rest.

No, wait, I also dislike when Russia has annexed Rumania, Japan, Iran or parts of China.

I don't like the emphasis on maps.
The strategy gamer's view of history.
Its most preveailant amongst kids but a disturbing large amount of older people still follow it.
So many people seem to believe that more land instantly means more power and think its a big deal that somewhere like Greenland belongs to a nation- where in fact its more likely to be a liability then a benefit.

I disagree, Maps are useful becouse they help one understand the situation about who controls what territory better, which is very important.

Nicksplace27 said:
No, its not like I hate the Poles or anything. I am polish but its just over used. A lot.
That's probably because Pol-Lit Union OTL lasted for several centuries.

I like simple and readable, yet elegant map. It's also good when map includes full names for nations and their capitals.
I don't like when map is posted without "table of contents" or established nations are not named, but are for example painted in grey and labeled "other nations".

Agentdark said:
I disagree, Maps are useful becouse they help one understand the situation about who controls what territory better, which is very important.
Who are you disagreeing with there? Its certainly not me.

I love maps

I love ATL maps (and OTL maps :D )by default, but like others I have some issues with some of those posted here:

1. Dark colours, especialy black oceans :mad:

2. Large maps that needs scrolling to see all. Large maps are usefull blank and for filling in details, but please shrink them when posting finished products

3. Sometimes unrealistic maps. Random maps are often nice, but sometimes I also see pretty strange maps that I suspect have been given VERY little tought. This is especialy visible when people posts world maps :(

Soyuz said:
I also hate all the enormous maps in the "blank map" thread. They are unusable!

Why :confused:

Just shrink then to your liking. Posting small map rules out those who likes big maps, but not the other way around... ;)