Your Name in the Federal Republic of America

Beck: in Pennsylvania since the 1820s if I remember right, quite a few merchants in the family.

Bauerschmit: tinkers/farmers in Illinois, dunno when they came across

Schu: no clue, probably German.

O'Reilly: guess where they came from! Came via Ellis Island ~1900.

Glen

Tullis - In Virginia as early as the mid 1600s, a branch moved to Ohio in the early 1800s. Fallen Quakers, mostly.:)

Warne - Old New Jersey family, descended from one of the Proprietors of New Jersey.

If you are interested in Berks County, Pennsylvania area, I have a bunch, but I need a bit to dreg up the memory.

Witwer (English or maybe Dutch, later Pennsylvania Quaker)

Weller (Same as above)

Dondi (Italian)

De Mello Barreto (Portugese)

Gruman (German)

Bremner (Scottish)

Symchych (Ukrainian)

Laliberte (French, the last e has an acute accent on it)

Gill (English)

Shed (English)

Matthews- Been here since forever (think Mayflower, etc). Centered in Gallipolis, Ohio, but moved to Maryland early 20th century. Of pure working class WASP extraction. Methodists, and all very libertarian. Anglo-Welsh stock (I think the name is anglicized Welsh). Very distant blood connections to English royalty and the Carolingians.

You could use the name I used as a facade for many months on this board, Gwion Jones.
Or if you have suffragettes, then use my real name, Gwendolen Harris.

Both are Welsh.

My last Name is Ostro, which I believe to be a Anglicization of Ostrowski, My Family comes from Lithuania and Immigrated to America shortly after WW1.

'Gajete' and 'Gaete' :
the family of my father is from Andalusia, and had migrated to France in the 60's to find work; because of an error to the frontier, the j has disappeared for a part of the family.

'Muller' :
the family of my maternal grandfather is german with some polish part, maybe Prussia; there is a military tradition I think, as this Muller has been in the Foreign Legion and participated to the Algerian War, and his father has been near Stalingrad although in the health service of Wehrmacht.

Kuckewich (koo-kuh-witch), or, if you're feeling adventurous, Chodkiewicz (khod-ke-vicz), is my mother's maiden name. It's of Polish and Lithuanian ancestry.

Bonar (Bon-ner) is my last name, and it is Scottish in origin.

Hope they make an appearance in your timeline!

My family surnames:

Reynder - Dutch/Frisian. Corrupted many times. Originally the Frisian word for reindeer. Incarnates in the US and England include Reynders, Reinders, Reiner, Render, and Renders.

Templeton - Apparently English

Nelson - English/Irish

Duluth - from "du Luth", French, apparently descendants of the leader of the coureurs de bois who explored Canada in the 17th century. Hilariously comes to me via "full-blood" Souix relatives.

Beck: in Pennsylvania since the 1820s if I remember right, quite a few merchants in the family.

Bauerschmit: tinkers/farmers in Illinois, dunno when they came across

Schu: no clue, probably German.

O'Reilly: guess where they came from! Came via Ellis Island ~1900.

BTW, might you, by any chance be related to Glenn, or Bill? :p

Need any Quebecois?
My full name is Louis Gerard Belanger, family came from Quebec to Massachusetts in the early 20th century, came to Quebec with Samuel De Champlain (with the exception of the part of the family who was already there)

Minnis-Scottish
Lacock-English

sister-in-law maiden name is Arino-Italian/Croatian

brother-in-law-Loya-Spanish

Spengler

Banned
My mothers maiden name is Dilts which has its orgins in Westphalia Germany. Her Mothers name Goostrey which comes from a town in Cheshire, while my last name is Walker. My first name is Simon.

Alac - Dalmatian name. Before that it was Markovic (I don't know why it changed)

Other side - Wilson (Obviously English name)

Although not a direct relation, I'll also put out another name: Iñiguez. Aside from the Gutierrez (whom I am directly related to), the Iñiguez share a prominent role in the region of Mexico I'm from. Hell, even our current Deputy who represents us in the Chamber of Deputies is an Iñiguez, and half the people living in our municipality (Tepatitlán de Morelos) are named Iñiguez.