Your Name in the Dominion of Southern America

Glen

Noted and we will work on this in future (not necessarily near future, so keep tuned in - you never know when you or your ATL relative will pop up).

The names Mumby don't wear it out. We did have some relatives across the pond in the 19th century, primarily remembered for the cultivation of some remarkable facial hair.

Does anyone want my name?

it is rather a mouthful. But I will give it if anyone asks. . .

If your looking for people around the time of your TL:
On my Mother's Side, Markus Knisely, a tailor somewhere around Berlin and Andrea Miller, a Pennsylvania Dutch woman.
On my father's Side, Rhajini Sikhail, an indentured servant somewhere in the British Empire,

Knisely migrated to York, PA, around the 1840s,
He and Miller married sometime in 1855.
Sikhail was brought from Hyderabad to South Africa in 1849, and left to Trinidad in 1850.

Last edited:
Please do not use the name Welsh!

The reason why is rather complicated. . . But ‘the Welsh’ never call themselves that, as far as I know. They call themselves Cymry. Welsh is what the English call THEM. The word means foreigner.

And no one wants my name?

If anyone does, I will give it. I will keep checking on this TL until I get a response, either negative or positive. So reply.

The reason why is rather complicated. . . But ‘the Welsh’ never call themselves that, as far as I know. They call themselves Cymry. Welsh is what the English call THEM. The word means foreigner.
I know, but I use it to make things easier for the other posters.

All right Glen. . . Since you asked,

I will give you my full name. Arthur Robert Joseph Piantadosi. My maternal families name is Forman, they are from West Virginia and Ohio. Poor white trash and proud of it, Scots-Irish with a little German. My paternal lines name is also Piantadosi, from Northern Italy, around Lake Maggiore ( see here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Maggiore.) I was quite proud of this for years, not knowing until I was quite older that the Lombards were known as White Huns, and were as bad as the Merovingian Franks to the people they ruled. Now I am rather ashamed of that fact. Both my maternal ancestors fought in the Civil War on the Southern side, so that was also a fact I was ashamed of, being a unabashed Unionist, and HATING the Confederacy even more the more I knew of it. I am a true blue Risorismeto fan, growing up on Giuseppe Garibaldi, Young Italy, and Mazzini. I wept when I read of the fall of the Roman Republic and Garibaldi’s retreat to San Marino, and Anita’s death, in the way American schoolchildren wept for George Washington.One of my maternal ancestors, a Forman, caught Braddock’s Disease and led a contingent of militiamen to their deaths. I read this in a book about Wheeling, West Virginia. That is some background information for those who might want to know to chew on. Oh, and one more thing. I am confident that those who have read my material will not be upset I ‘misled’ them. I am autistic.

If you need inventors, I've got ancestors who were in Illinois and Indiana in the late 1800s, the Bauerschmits IIRC (probably misspelled it) who were pretty good tinkers; one invented a device for impaling crows.

One of my paternal relatives is James G. Blunt, an American Civil War general (no, seriously). Quite strangely, one of my maternal relatives is ALSO a Civil War general, Edmund J. Davis.

Grey Wolf

Donor
I recently came across the guy who signed away Mexico, a Snr Donaju presumably descended from Donahues one time

Made me wonder what other Spanishifications (?) there were, and how other names would be Spanishified

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Sorry if this sounds rude but I would like to know if you were planning on including my name in your excellent timeline

Last edited:
The Wilds family first arrived in America in the 1690s, buying land in Delaware directly from William Penn. Originally Welsh Quakers, my branch of the family became catholics some time in the late 19th century. For the most part, my family has been in Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania ever since coming to this country.

Glen

Sorry if this sounds rude but I would like to know if you were planning on including my name in your excellent timeline

It's okay - I actually like your name and suspect I will find an opportune time to incorporate it. I can make no promises about how soon, however, although....hmmm....:rolleyes: