You are the Commander -- Civil War

I honestly don't see the need for the South to continue an actual march against the Union. All we would have to do was humker down and wait for the election, sure we could prusue and annoy Sherman's retreat. Other than that though, I think we could have just gotten away with defending what positions we had and wait for the election.

Discontinuing assaults and offensives by a body of soldiery with no replacements would also be a good policy for the C.S.A. officers to conduct while their bosses in the CS government continued to look for signs of dissent in the Northern electorate.

You are the Commander of the Confederate Army, in charge of tactics and strategy. The Union Advance into Georgia was thrawted and Sherman was forced to turn back. What is your next move to gain ground on this South Victory?

(Map of the March to the Sea through Georgia)

unionstrat.gif

This the plan...assuming that I am taking the place of William J. Hardee while John Bell Hood and Robert E. Lee are still fighting elsewhere...whether all would go according to the plan however I couldn't tell you.

Get my Cavalry commander Maj. Gen. Wheeler to harras the retreating Union Forces and move my army to ambush Sherman before he can join up with Thomas, hopefully either capturing Sherman after the battle or having Sherman die during battle.

Following the defeat of the Union Army under Sherman head north and join up with Hood, hopefully before he stupidly destroys his own army at Franklin, and attempt to drive Thomas out of Tennessee.

Depending on the sucess of the Tennessee camaign against Thomas either send a relief force to Lee at Petersburg (following sucess against Thomas) or prepare for a further assault northward through Tennessee (following failure against Thomas)

All the while promoting the idea to arm the slave, highlighting the large loss of numbers the Confederate armies are suffering and the benefit the Slaves could be to said Army...

Which tabletop war game did you play? My buddies and I usually play We The People.

One of the High School students wrote his own rules for movement and combat. He didn't have a stock of ACW miniatures so he cut some cardboard to scale for brigade-sized units. He had some plywood terrain (hills and such). Probably oversimplified, but we could play a battle in one class period.