X2 (Every Colour Scheme Ever Colour Scheme) Colour Scheme

The next update is coming soon-ish (definitely some time in April). It's mostly to improve the section headers, creating new larger headers for the continents (and re-arranging Europe slightly).

I've also had a request to make a version of it which has the colour values in hexadecimal format rather than RGB format. How much interest is there in a hex version?

I've made a few changes to the Italian palette.

I've changed the main Sicily colour to orange, and given a similar red colour to Malta. Malta has a longer real-world history of using red as its identifying colour, whereas Sicily has historically used either orange (very early on) or reds and yellows together (which combine to make orange). The specific red I used for Malta is the one on their modern flag (which is in turn based on the flag of Roger I of Sicily when he conquered Malta in 1091). I've also added a light green colour for Islamic Italy, to account for that period in history when the Emirate of Sicily was around simultaneous with the Count of Sicily.

Italies.png

There's actually two green Italies here. One of them is for Sardinia-Piedmont (the region that would later reunite Italy in the early modern age), the other is for Islamic Italy.

For OTL, I typically use brown for unified Italy after it relocates its capital to Rome, and Piedmont green for the period before 1871. But if you want to carry on using Piedmont green for unified modern Italy, I can hardly stop you.

There's actually two green Italies here. One of them is for Sardinia-Piedmont (the region that would later reunite Italy in the early modern age), the other is for Islamic Italy.

For OTL, I typically use brown for unified Italy after it relocates its capital to Rome, and Piedmont green for the period before 1871. But if you want to carry on using Piedmont green for unified modern Italy, I can hardly stop you.
I was more being silly. :p Personally I use brown if Italy becomes an empire with its capital in Rome (so like with the Italian colonial empire post-1871) while the modern Republic of Italy would be green. Still cool, though. I really like the change to orange for Sicily, too. Never liked that weird red.

...aaand I changed it round yet again. I decided to use the lighter of those two greens (now matching most older colour palettes and toaster). For Islamic Italy, I'm using a desaturated and darker green based from Sardinia-Piedmont's green. Can't really use the other darker green I had been using in the Italy palette, because it's too similar to all the other greens floating around the Mediterranean (especially Libya and the Ottomans).

New version has been uploaded to deviantart.

I've synchronised the independent Pacific Ocean states to toaster, although there are some issues I'm not happy with. Fiji, Tonga, and other/ASB are likely to be changed (Fiji is too similar to USA, Tonga to Hawaii), and other/ASB to New Zealand.