WWII: Total war in South America?

Hey folks, how plausible is it for two or more independent countries during the second world war on the South American continent to be pitched against each other to the extent of necessitating a total war economy of those countries involved?

I'm curious as to how it would align with the global conflict - an axis aligned and Comintern conflict, or allied and axis, or even neutral? In this sense, I'm curious as to how another major theatre would effect the Pacific and European/African theatres.

Apologies for a big question and no proposed answers - I used search and came up short - so if there are previous threads please link me.

Argentina was pro allies and I think the Brazilian dictate was pro axis till pearl harbor. And Brazil would lose because frankly they'd get pinched between the allied fleets and give the doughboys some very good practice

Khanzeer

Banned
Can I derail your thread a little ?
If not I'll start a new one

My WI scenario is A major war in south america in 1965 to 1990 era, involving 3 or more countries

What potential regional disputes can lead to one big war ?
Which countries most likely be involved?

Thanks

Hey folks, how plausible is it for two or more independent countries during the second world war on the South American continent to be pitched against each other to the extent of necessitating a total war economy of those countries involved?

I'm curious as to how it would align with the global conflict - an axis aligned and Comintern conflict, or allied and axis, or even neutral? In this sense, I'm curious as to how another major theatre would effect the Pacific and European/African theatres.

Apologies for a big question and no proposed answers - I used search and came up short - so if there are previous threads please link me.

Brazil enacted a total war economy in WWII, there is a documentary in portuguese about the brazilian president-then dictator-then president again Getúlio Vargas that claims that for some reason he didn't demobilized the economy as other countries did as the war neared it's end, it only stopped after the war ended.

Well during the war was an US interest and official request to Uruguay for to build an airbase (hydroplanes) in the Uruguayan coast, near to Atlantic and Río de la Plata limits. In OTL this project caused diplomatic tension between Argentine (that considered all the Río de la Plata as her territorial waters), Uruguay, the US and even in lesser degree with Brazil. Because the base project and its location was considered as a direct military menace by Argentine. But in OTL was rejected but if not then this would be possible to be enough to trigger a three-sided war with the US directly involved as the four side. Also, some time ago aside of the discussion about the US war plans to counteract the menace of a Nazi invasion to the Brazil, that for the contemporaneous seemed possible'. There I posted and explained with more detail, this same 'hypothesis' but with some, in my opinion, useful links that could give the background and also to expand the info.
Also, should be remembered that the Brazil was aligned and even fought with the US and the Allies and that the then Argentine military government was anti-US by both nationalist reasons and by 'some of his members strong sympathies' with the Axis.