Writing Contest: Main Thread

Anyone have any good ideas? I'm stuck now...
One of my ideas is making a future of your timeline snapshot if you have one? (But that would make it harder for people who never had one)
Maybe an essay summarizing a book about an ATL event? Like in my TL I have a major war in the 1560s, and I could write a summary of a book discussing the war. Perhaps with the added caveat of the summary has to be at a C level, since not a lot of people can easily write at the average level on purpose

Maybe an essay summarizing a book about an ATL event? Like in my TL I have a major war in the 1560s, and I could write a summary of a book discussing the war. Perhaps with the added caveat of the summary has to be at a C level, since not a lot of people can easily write at the average level on purpose
Good idea. I will consider it.

Link to Writing Contest 8 is up.

The 8th Writing contest is about a book summary, of an event that occurred in an alternate timeline. For example, in my timeline "Jefferson's Anti-Slavery Crisis", I might write about the growth of the US, or the leadup to the "Dreadful War", or the growth of civil rights. If you want to you can write about a TL that already exists (E.G WMiT or No southern strategy) though it must be different from the original in a noticeable way and have a different name.

The planned deadline is on Friday, 7/24/2020, although I can move the deadline if there are few entries.

Hmm. I'm thinking of doing a spin-off of this thread. It's a poetry collection where you can write poetry about your timeline or make your own using poetry. It's not a challenge though. I'm putting this here if anyone is interested. If there is interest, the poetry thread will go up.
You can quote or pm if interested.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the next thread/contest is going to start or be announced? I know it's a biweekly thing, but I was hoping to at least see an announcement for the topic by now. I've been wanting to participate for a while, I was just never sure what to write as an entry. :c

Does anyone know when the next thread/contest is going to start or be announced? I know it's a biweekly thing, but I was hoping to at least see an announcement for the topic by now. I've been wanting to participate for a while, I was just never sure what to write as an entry. :c
If you want to know, you should ask @The Lethargic Lett . He won the last contest, which means he gets to host and decide the topic for the next one.

I've created the post for the ninth writing contest, which can be found below: