Would Hugenberg's annexationist plataform for the German Empire be feasible?

So, for the people that don't know Alfred Hugenberg was the the closest you had to a fascist on Imperial Germany. In September 1914 he wrote the "annexationist plan", signed also by another proto fascist Heinrich Class. He proposed that the German Empire should annex directly Belgium and Northern France (he doesn't stipulate which parts of northern France on wikipedia, so let's consider as the areas of the RK north france in WWII). On the east he wanted to push the German borders to annex Lithuania, Belarus and Poland, pushing the Russian border to the times of Peter the great.

This is a map of what he wanted following the instructions from wikipedia:
d8logyw-a4e7c29d-eeed-47fa-b7cc-bcf1b754c6e7.png

Hugenberg also proposed a "proto generalplan ost", as he wanted to flood the area with german colonists, but he didn't proposed exterminating their original people's.

So, assuming the German Empire wins the war and somehow the Kaiser listens to Hugenberg and annex all this land directly, could it be feasibly ruled, or it would eventually implode into some form of "Slavic and Romance spring"?

Last edited:
I don't see those borders lasting if this even came to be, I'm tempted to say ASB because Hugenberg was nuts, this was before Hitler and the idea of lebensraum becoming as widespread as it was during Nazi Germany, so this would not seem practical to the government. But for the sake of this let's say it does happen. There would be mass resistance in the post war era, and a mass rebellion if WW2 ended up breaking out. Managing those territories in the meantime would drain a lot of Germany's resources, to a point where it almost becomes not worth it to deal with. So I believe your assessment that it would implode is correct 🙂

Last edited:
I don’t think the German public would be willing to support the expenses of a direct and permanent occupation of such vast territories after a costly world war. The SPD was growing in strength before the war. I could see them taking power in the face of such overextension and decolonize the territories for lack of a better word. This would be a better world all in all than our timeline, simply by avoiding the Holocaust. I wouldn’t want to live in Germany during this kind of Central Powers victory.
I suspect it’s a military dictatorship more than a restricted constitutional monarchy. The SPD would have to win by civil war with nationalist revolts and maybe international intervention.

I think things could be much smoother if Germany didn’t directly integrate these conquests and established puppet states without sending colonists. Which I think was more or less OTL plan, which wasn’t exactly seamless?