Worth Fighting For

Worth Fighting For
Welcome to Worth Fighting For, a timeline by President_Lincoln and myself.

“I have complete respect for President McCain. He was one of the best presidents we ever had. When I ran against him in 2000, we both fought hard. In the end, he came out on top.”

-Former Secretary of Commerce George W. Bush (R-TX), speaking at President John McCain’s funeral, August 31, 2018.

“Looking back, I didn’t think that election couldn’t get any crazier. When John McCain started winning over George Bush, who was the Establishment Republican favorite, well, it became something else.”

-Former Daily Show Host Jon Stewart, Interview, 2018.

February 10, 2000.

He really shouldn’t be out on the road this late. Even this were South Carolina, it was still winter even here. When the snow started, he felt that he had to go through it. After all, the campaign was counting on him delivering this tape of the ad that they were using for the upcoming primary. The Governor wasn’t happy about it but Mr. Rove assured him that it was for the best. They were slipping in the polls, this would help them win.

And so, here he was, this lone driver on a lone road, on a winter’s day in early 2000, with the only copy. It was only for a moment that he was distracted. The next thing he knew a deer was on the road. He swerved and drove headfirst into a snow bank. By the time the ambulance got there, the tape was damaged beyond repair. The driver was fine, he only received minor injuries, but he knew that this would not be good for the Bush campaign, no sir.

Pretaporter

Banned
Welcome to Worth Fighting For, a timeline by President_Lincoln and myself.

“I have complete respect for President McCain. He was one of the best presidents we ever had. When I ran against him in 2000, we both fought hard. In the end, he came out on top.”

-Former Secretary of Commerce George W. Bush (R-TX), speaking at President John McCain’s funeral, August 31, 2018.

“Looking back, I didn’t think that election couldn’t get any crazier. When John McCain started winning over George Bush, who was the Establishment Republican favorite, well, it became something else.”

-Former Daily Show Host Jon Stewart, Interview, 2018.

February 10, 2000.

He really shouldn’t be out on the road this late. Even this were South Carolina, it was still winter even here. When the snow started, he felt that he had to go through it. After all, the campaign was counting on him delivering this tape of the ad that they were using for the upcoming primary. The Governor wasn’t happy about it but Mr. Rove assured him that it was for the best. They were slipping in the polls, this would help them win.

And so, here he was, this lone driver on a lone road, on a winter’s day in early 2000, with the only copy. It was only for a moment that he was distracted. The next thing he knew a deer was on the road. He swerved and drove headfirst into a snow bank. By the time the ambulance got there, the tape was damaged beyond repair. The driver was fine, he only received minor injuries, but he knew that this would not be good for the Bush campaign, no sir.

Is this to do with Rove attacking McCain for having a black child "born out of wedlock", even though what he actually had was an adopted with his wife black child?

I knew Rove authorised push-polls & other rumour-mongering in S.Carolina there, but I didn't know it was so blatant as TV ads!

One question: did ads have to be sent by tape by 2000, or was even Web 1.0 capable of transferring over wires easier?

Whatever, I'll be back for more of this alright.

Is this to do with Rove attacking McCain for having a black child "born out of wedlock", even though what he actually had was an adopted with his wife black child?

I knew Rove authorised push-polls & other rumour-mongering in S.Carolina there, but I didn't know it was so blatant as TV ads!

One question: did ads have to be sent by tape by 2000, or was even Web 1.0 capable of transferring over wires easier?

Whatever, I'll be back for more of this alright.
In answer to your questions:

Yes, amongst others.

This is Karl Rove we're talking about.

More than likely yes, but I could be wrong.

And thank you.