Worst Possible Name For A Combat Aircraft.

The BAC Eagle (as it would have been known) finds your lack of faith disturbing. . .
From the front it looks good enough, but from underneath or behind (the angle you actually want people to see it from), it looks f***ing ungainly:
TSR2.jpg

Still cooler than the Princess though, which was all of the above and then some.
Agreed, and ugly-looking to boot (seriously, unlike the TSR-2, there is no angle at which a Princess doesn't look ugly and malformed).

Last edited:
Ze German Luftwaffe had at end of WW2 very Bizarre Aircraft Design in Development.

Mvc-008l.jpg

Blohm und Voss P.194

bvp-111.gif

Blohm und Voss BV P.111

sadly we German not gave names to aircraft only designation like BV P.111
but we gave them nicknames

Bf_110_Postkarte_Ausschnitt.jpg

Messerschmitt Bf 261 got nickname "Adolfine" because Hitler eminent interest on that model...

How do the BV projects (ignoring the fact that the P.111 was a backup to the 138 and was designed before the war have anything to do with this subject? And the last picture is a Me 110, not Me 261

How do the BV projects (ignoring the fact that the P.111 was a backup to the 138 and was designed before the war have anything to do with this subject? And the last picture is a Me 110, not Me 261

only in context to give worst Name to those Aircraft
sorry for error of Me 110 instead Me 261 (thx for the note, SpicyJuan)

Here picture of Me 261 "Adolfine" (was enlarged version of the Messerschmitt Bf 110)
Bundesarchiv_Bild_141-2474,_Flugzeug_Messerschmitt_Me_261_V-2.jpg

only in context to give worst Name to those Aircraft
sorry for error of Me 110 instead Me 261 (thx for the note, SpicyJuan)

Here picture of Me 261 "Adolfine" (was enlarged version of the Messerschmitt Bf 110)
Bundesarchiv_Bild_141-2474,_Flugzeug_Messerschmitt_Me_261_V-2.jpg

Np, and yes Adolfine is a "great" name:D Fun fact: The Me 261 used the same coupled DB 606 engines as on the He 177, but without all the trouble.