Worst Pop Culture AH Cliches?

What are some of the worst pop culture TL cliches on this site?

I'll start with a very obvious one.

-The idea that George Lucas is some sort of villain and that everything "good" about Star Wars happened in spite of him, thus to make the Prequels "good" in any pop culture timeline he needs to DIAF. While considering the Special Editions and the Prequels there is a kernal of truth to the whole idea, but honestly, he actually offered to give other people the director's chair. No one literally wanted that job, and we got what we got. And of course the Clone Wars were based off of his ideas, and whole episodes were influenced by him, and that actually was credited with "saving" the Prequels. So it can't be said that all his ideas are inherently Jar Jar and NOOOOOOOOOOOO and "I liek sand". I feel he is just a really flawed person with a lot of good ideas, but really hard to put them into implementation without support or feedback. One can bring up the whole "Yes Man" argument, but I feel it's more so because the generations that grew up with the originals were the actors for the Prequels, and they don't have a complete picture of what really happened so they saw Lucas as doing no wrong with little attention to his flaws and were more likely to be swayed by him(and considering how other directors did not want the job, that glorification extended to them too). And let's not forget the whole CGI argument has been well debunked. Of course a movie can be disappointing with little to no CGI(and this dosen't address the other points against the PT), but the arguments that the prequels=CGI overload dosen't hold up over the years. Also why kill him off to facilitate good Prequels? Could we have TLs where he dosen't get divorced, where he genuinely learns his mistakes, or others were more critical of him from the get go, or his call to pass the PT to another director was listened to.
-In relation to the above, good Prequels=no or unsuccessful LOTR
-A good DCEU means no MCU but only standalones or a poorly received MCU, and vice versa.

Last edited:
Not sure if it counts (and it’s definitely not on this site), but there are people who wish Japan had won the Second World War because they like anime. In reality of course anime is something that could almost certainly never happen under a victorious Empire of Japan.