WorldRaj tribute thread

Bohemia was elective until the 17th century.
Digging into the matter further, I propose that the Monarch gets elected as kings of Bohemia either:

a) instead of Albert II [Albert the Magnanimous] in 1437
b) after Albert's death in 1439 - his son (Ladislaus the Posthumous) was not crowned as king until 1453; Bohemia was governed by the Landfrieden during this period
c) instead of either George of Podebrady or Matthias I [Matthias Corvinus], after the death of Ladislaus Posthumous in 1457
d) instead of Vladislaus II the Jagellonian in 1471
e) instead of Louis II the Jagellonian in 1516
f) instead of Ferdinand I von Habsburg in 1526
g) instead of Frederick I [aka Frederick V, Elector Palatinate and son in law of James I/VI]. The Protestants subsequently win the 30 Years' War, and the monarch keeps it

Oh that's always been down to the Winter King in 1618.

Oh...

So, here is the Crown Lands in the proposed colour scheme;
E V1.PNG

and here it is in a lighter version;
E V2.PNG

Which is preferable?

Something of a side note; is Britain still Anglican, or was the Reformation avoided? I feel like they'd probably be more Catholic for a number of reasons (mainly control over Castile and France), plus the Patronium Petrum is a client state that presumes the Pope retains a level of influence that I doubt would be tolerated by a Protestant empire. On the other hand, it would probably make more thematic sense for them to still be Anglican since Anglicanism was a major component of the British Empire OTL. There's also the potential for a compromise option with an autonomous British church derived from the Sarum Rite that very much resembles OTL Anglicanism, but is still in loose communion with Rome like the OTL Eastern Catholic Churches.

Something of a side note; is Britain still Anglican, or was the Reformation avoided? I feel like they'd probably be more Catholic for a number of reasons (mainly control over Castile and France), plus the Patronium Petrum is a client state that presumes the Pope retains a level of influence that I doubt would be tolerated by a Protestant empire. On the other hand, it would probably make more thematic sense for them to still be Anglican since Anglicanism was a major component of the British Empire OTL. There's also the potential for a compromise option with an autonomous British church derived from the Sarum Rite that very much resembles OTL Anglicanism, but is still in loose communion with Rome like the OTL Eastern Catholic Churches.
It's possible that Anglicanism is more a form of "national Catholicism" than "totally Protestant, honest, it's not just Catholicism with the serial numbers filed off".

It's possible that Anglicanism is more a form of "national Catholicism" than "totally Protestant, honest, it's not just Catholicism with the serial numbers filed off".
One of the reasons for the Civil War was that the Puritans found Anglican ceremony too "Papish", so I'm assuming the Papacy may have adapted and Anglicanism is the new Catholicism.

One of the reasons for the Civil War was that the Puritans found Anglican ceremony too "Papish", so I'm assuming the Papacy may have adapted and Anglicanism is the new Catholicism.
On the topic of the Civil War, how exactly does that look ITTL, if it happened at all? With England controlling most of Europe I doubt Cromwell's able to seize control, or if so then that whole period probably looks very different from OTL.

Just noticed that Saxe-Coburg and Saxe-Gotha are part of the Great Electorate's domains. Which suggests that they must have been retained by Edward VII, instead of being given to Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh.

Just to remind everyone, the in-depth Wales post was Version 2, which as well as being much larger scale was also intended to be a bit more thought out in terms of backstory.

I mean one side effect of that is 'England is a lot more medieval in governance'- partially because I've got a good source map for the Tudor baronies of Northern England
Speaking of, are we gonna do something in the style of the Wales post in this revival/tribute? It's so much more detailed and allows us to be more thorough and exact but it'd take way longer to do, and the VT-BAM has less historical resources.

Here's a outline I have on how Bohemia becomes part of the United Kingdoms:
1619: Frederick V of the Palatinate accepts the offer of becoming King of Bohemia.​
1620: Emperor Ferdinand II is defeated by Frederick at the Battle of White Mountain, securing the latter's new title as King of Bohemia.​
Mid to Late 17th Century: The Palatinate - and by extension Bohemia - enters into a personal union with the Duchy of Brunswick-Luneburg.​
1714: George II & I of Bohemia and the Great Electorate (George of Podebardy is considered as being the first George to rule Bohemia) ascends to the throne of the United Kingdoms.​

On the topic of the Civil War, how exactly does that look ITTL, if it happened at all? With England controlling most of Europe I doubt Cromwell's able to seize control, or if so then that whole period probably looks very different from OTL.
I agree, Cromwell probably executed if he tried it, so he probably didn't. We need another way of reducing the Crowns power, probably something to do with James II/VII.