WorldRaj tribute thread

French Senegal Colony (BH)
Senegal Colony.png

I have to ask, why is Texas a duchy, yet Coahuila is a kingdom, despite Texas being more than twice the size of Coahuila?
They're the result of two different revolutions, the rebels had differing aims. Also, as a vassal state, Tejas actually has more autonomy than Coahuila and is the major player of the Dominion.

Can I just say... The Raj flags are ugly, at least to me. It's the banner of WorldRaj that threw me off guard, considering how elongated it is compared to OTL colonial flags where it is nice and clean.

I meant Prussia btw

Can I just say... The Raj flags are ugly, at least to me. It's the banner of WorldRaj that threw me off guard, considering how elongated it is compared to OTL colonial flags where it is nice and clean.
I agree.

I feel like they shouldn't be as cluttered. Why not create a new symbol for the Raj, and let the constituents just have their own distinctive flags?

I meant Prussia btw

I agree.

I feel like they shouldn't be as cluttered. Why not create a new symbol for the Raj, and let the constituents just have their own distinctive flags?
I'm open to ideas if you've got some sketches........

Making maps with the right basemaps is one thing.

Drawing a flag with a complicated design is another.

I have literally never once used photoshop. I can't get the hang of Inkscape, or GIMP or Paint.net. I just use MS Paint.
I totally agree about Inkscape, never used Photoshop, rarely use Paint.net, DO use Gimp but usually just to re-scale maps that don't fit with the one I'm using.
MS Paint is a good fall-back but I use I-Mage which gives me immediate access to the palette and a 2 pane view where I can do detail work and is almost as easy as MS Paint.
Give it a shot, it's old but pretty intuitive to use. If you need pointers I'd be happy to help.

Don't think that I draw the majority of my detail, I adapt from existing flags or designs, for example, once I'd cleaned up the Wreath enough to use, I put the Detail object in paint, select it and re-size so that when I paste the wreath [with the central colour transparent] it becomes one whole to be pasted back onto the main flag.