World War Z and beyond?

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by twistedirregular, May 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Calbertbreastpeach "The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

It should be a tv series if anything tbh

2. twistedirregular Negus Negast

Hopefully someone pulls off a WWZ TV series like BoB or the Pacific!

3. Danthefan28 Well-Known Member

Then only other thing they had in common was one character: Jurgen Warmbrunn, the Israeli intelligence guy who gave the speech about the tenth man rule. Which was surprising book accurate, almost word for word.

4. Danthefan28 Well-Known Member

I was thinking more like a documentary, like the start of Interstellar. I'd also get most of the cast from the Audiobook to play the characters (or the older versions of the).
    Like Sebastian Stan as Todd Wainio, and Mark Hamill as the older Todd.

5. Joshua Ben Ari Well-Known Member

That was the one scene I was actually happy to see. Warmbrunn was brilliant, and the tenth man speech was sheer beauty. The one of a few diamonds in the rough that was the movie World War Z.

6. Calbertbreastpeach "The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

An anthology show would work best to be honest

Max brooks could play the interviewer

7. Danthefan28 Well-Known Member

It was the most accurate scene, followed by something that was both accurate and inaccurate.

Joshua Ben Ari likes this.
  8. Joshua Ben Ari Well-Known Member

I would watch the hell out of that.

9. Calbertbreastpeach "The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

I might do a cast for that show

Of all the characters from the book

10. Father Maryland Enemy of Neo Secesh Everywhere

Oooh and have Mel Brooks do a role.

11. Calbertbreastpeach "The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

He can play the interviewer

I think you could start it off with Stephen Amell as the commander of Canadian forces in the drug bust in krygztan(if I remember correctly) and go into the early days of the war

Sam Witwer as young Todd Waino

12. Father Maryland Enemy of Neo Secesh Everywhere

13. theclerk Odds and ends

Any particular highlights? Also what annoying political bits where there? I can guess it was one of those "thanks to "x" political group we were completely unprepared for the zombies!" but I'd hope it is something a little more nuanced than that bullshit.

14. Father Maryland Enemy of Neo Secesh Everywhere

Spoilers

The infection is limited to the South Eastern US. Virus is originally created by a Soviet Bio Lab and then sold by a rogue scientist to the Iranians. The US stops the zombie hordes with a fortified defensive line stretching from the North Carolina/South Carolina border. Completely different tactics and strategy then WWZ. Frankly I'd say they made a lot more sense. Also the military segments (there were a lot it's primarily military focused) felt a lot more authentic (I suppose because the writer spent like 20 years in the US army) Lots and lots of usage of heavy weapons to incapacitate zombies. Shit loads of artillery and air strikes turning zombie hordes into lots of pieces. Strategy goes something like

1) Identify hordes and hit with shitloads of Artillery/bombs
    2) Line up tanks and IFV's lined up wheel to wheel and use them as steam rollers to literally crush zombies into dust.
    3) Lines of Infantry in M113's coming up last to dispose of the piles of broken but still living zombies.

The writing itself isn't Pulitzer prize winning and I guess some of the characters are kinda flat. Still I liked it a lot.

Historyman 14 and NoOneFamous like this.
  15. Danthefan28 Well-Known Member

Can somebody please just make a WWZ TV series thread?

twistedirregular likes this.
  16. Ilham12 Member

I guess they survived in some form or another. Unlike Iceland, Madagascar has it's own armed forces and has a somehow tropical climate.
    There are also some islands between it and mainland Africa, such as the Comoros, that may serve as a distraction.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 5:15 AM
  17. Danthefan28 Well-Known Member

I personally think if Mel Brooks were in it, he'd play the Phalanx guy. Also it would be funnier if Max Brooks played the interview, and make the interview more entertaining.