Witch0Winter's Artwork

For the record everyone, I moved to Colorado recently so that took up a ton of time but I'm working on doing up some pixel art to do another big pixel art like the above since it's been too long. Hope to get it out July-ish. Sorry for taking so long, moving is a b-word.

For the record everyone, I moved to Colorado recently so that took up a ton of time but I'm working on doing up some pixel art to do another big pixel art like the above since it's been too long. Hope to get it out July-ish. Sorry for taking so long, moving is a b-word.

Your artwork is always worth waiting for.

If it's another Winter Period-esque map, then I'm all in. :D

Last edited:
Not quite the map yet, but to get more pixel art maps out I need practice since I'm rusty, so here's some more practice to hopefully tide y'all over. I call it "Forever With Your Soul"

bTGG77R.png

(Wonder if I should put this in the Anime and Manga thread in Media)

Not quite the map yet, but to get more pixel art maps out I need practice since I'm rusty, so here's some more practice to hopefully tide y'all over. I call it "Forever With Your Soul"

bTGG77R.png

Looks cool. Although I can't tell if Maka Albarn here has a weird earring under her eye or some kind of flesh eating virus.

Looks cool. Although I can't tell if Maka Albarn here has a weird earring under her eye or some kind of flesh eating virus.
Just drying blood and a bandage. I was limited in space and I'm still learning, hence why this is practice for the larger pieces. :coldsweat:

Spurious Transmissions: The United States of America

CfouT4t.jpg

PNG on DeviantART

Hello, all! Here is my latest map. I can’t say the entire background, as it is for a larger story I want to tell in the form of a timeline posted on my website and here as well called Spurious Transmissions: Tales From Another World. But for now, I will give the backstory.

Essentially, a slightly less turbulent early administration of Ulysses S. Grant but problems later in his second term cause Grant early on to not consider running in 1876. A number of men jump in for the Republican nomination, but eventually it is Benjamin Bristow who emerges victorious. He runs on an administration-critical ticket of economic populism and support of Reconstruction that gives him an edge that Hayes never had, and he wins 1876 handily with promises of a new, fresh start on the economy. He also is willing to apply pressure on the states not finished Reconstructing, namely South Carolina, Florida, and Louisiana. He is unwilling to let the states fall and indeed in 1876 through 1877 all three states see Republicans re-elected and federal troops stepping in against violence.

Bristow’s willingness to use the powers at his will to enforce Reconstruction and Republicans recapturing the House so as to control all houses of federal government causes a shift in the south. More and more over time, “Redeemer” whites leave the three states for other southern states in which the local rule is more friendly, if not as harsh as our own world due to federal intervention. Similarly, northern whites living in the south and freedmen move in increasing numbers to these three states, effectively transferring populations over time. For a time, this keeps the peace and Bristow goes on to win a second term as economic difficulties largely subside by 1880.

There is lots more to this world and events that come after to make it different from our own, but that is where it starts, and hopefully it will be a world y’all will enjoy reading about. I also hope all y’all enjoy the map and feel free to ask questions about it!

Information on Utah and other subjects provided by the awesome @Zioneer , rail map provided by my awesome friend Robyn (not a member here)!

Last edited:
Lynn, your work should be in an art gallery.

EDIT: Also, you are 1,000,000,000 times better at designing state flags than whoever actually designed the awful flags some states use. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Lynn, your work should be in an art gallery.

EDIT: Also, you are 1,000,000,000 times better at designing state flags than whoever actually designed the awful flags some states use. :biggrin:
You are very kind, thank you so much for the compliments! Some of the flags are actually alternate flags proposed or used in the 19th century IOTL, while some of them are indeed all new designs. In any case, better than what we have. It'd be amazing to see anything I've done anywhere close to a museum, even in the trash next to it :biggrin:

Hope your loving Colorado! I been there once to Colorado Springs while traveling to New Mexico. (Air Force Academy, Olympic Center, Garden of the Gods. I love to live there one day.)

bTGG77R.png

YES. I'm a old fan of Soul Eater, and its a sin that is just disappear when the series was done. No Brotherhood type deal given the manga offer a ton of good stuff.

CfouT4t.jpg

PNG on DeviantART

Hello, all! Here is my latest map. I can’t say the entire background, as it is for a larger story I want to tell in the form of a timeline posted on my website and here as well called Spurious Transmissions: Tales From Another World. But for now, I will give the backstory. !

I love it, and I love a lot of the flags. (Thank you for the flag of Mississippi, my home state.)

This is amazing! I love the style and the flags. I'm particularly fond of the logo for the NAAS. Actually why isn't canada part of the NAAS?

Hope your loving Colorado! I been there once to Colorado Springs while traveling to New Mexico. (Air Force Academy, Olympic Center, Garden of the Gods. I love to live there one day.)

YES. I'm a old fan of Soul Eater, and its a sin that is just disappear when the series was done. No Brotherhood type deal given the manga offer a ton of good stuff.

I love it, and I love a lot of the flags. (Thank you for the flag of Mississippi, my home state.)
Colorado Springs is absolutely beautiful and having been there before, I would imagine living there is pretty great just for how gorgeous it is. Need to go back to the Garden of the Gods sometime...

Glad I'm not the only fan of Soul Eater here, particularly the manga! I even included a little reference to the manga, with the moon swallowed up by black blood in the background...

I'm glad you love it and approve of the flag, particularly for Mississippi. As a Southerner, I wanted to make a world where the South is doing a bit better and that includes the flags. :)

This is amazing! I love the style and the flags. I'm particularly fond of the logo for the NAAS. Actually why isn't canada part of the NAAS?
Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it, it means a lot coming from you. NAAS is interesting because it's mostly set up by the US to further ties with Central America. Canada, due to events in this world particularly around Britain and the empire's uhh mess in the middle of the previous century has more foreign ties and so has enough foreign political influence to escape being immediately in the United States' sphere. The US and Canada instead have a series of agreements between themselves outside NAAS's framework that nonetheless keep them close but does give Canada some room where it wants.

Colorado Springs is absolutely beautiful and having been there before, I would imagine living there is pretty great just for how gorgeous it is. Need to go back to the Garden of the Gods sometime...

Glad I'm not the only fan of Soul Eater here, particularly the manga! I even included a little reference to the manga, with the moon swallowed up by black blood in the background...

I'm glad you love it and approve of the flag, particularly for Mississippi. As a Southerner, I wanted to make a world where the South is doing a bit better and that includes the flags. :) .

YES! It been forever, but Colrado and Isarel are places I been I could live there for years, and still want more.

May we meet again, Crona...(But again, great work and I love the black blood moon.)

Argee. I do love the new flags, and the backstory to the map itself. (And the South doing better Post-Civil War is always an nice bonus.)

CfouT4t.jpg

PNG on DeviantART

Hello, all! Here is my latest map. I can’t say the entire background, as it is for a larger story I want to tell in the form of a timeline posted on my website and here as well called Spurious Transmissions: Tales From Another World. But for now, I will give the backstory.

Essentially, a slightly less turbulent early administration of Ulysses S. Grant but problems later in his second term cause Grant early on to not consider running in 1876. A number of men jump in for the Republican nomination, but eventually it is Benjamin Bristow who emerges victorious. He runs on an administration-critical ticket of economic populism and support of Reconstruction that gives him an edge that Hayes never had, and he wins 1876 handily with promises of a new, fresh start on the economy. He also is willing to apply pressure on the states not finished Reconstructing, namely South Carolina, Florida, and Louisiana. He is unwilling to let the states fall and indeed in 1876 through 1877 all three states see Republicans re-elected and federal troops stepping in against violence.

Bristow’s willingness to use the powers at his will to enforce Reconstruction and Republicans recapturing the House so as to control all houses of federal government causes a shift in the south. More and more over time, “Redeemer” whites leave the three states for other southern states in which the local rule is more friendly, if not as harsh as our own world due to federal intervention. Similarly, northern whites living in the south and freedmen move in increasing numbers to these three states, effectively transferring populations over time. For a time, this keeps the peace and Bristow goes on to win a second term as economic difficulties largely subside by 1880.

There is lots more to this world and events that come after to make it different from our own, but that is where it starts, and hopefully it will be a world y’all will enjoy reading about. I also hope all y’all enjoy the map and feel free to ask questions about it!

Information on Utah and other subjects provided by the awesome @Zioneer , rail map provided by my awesome friend Robyn (not a member here)!
Absolutely amazing can’t wait to see more

God Soul Eater was what got me really into anime when I was in middle school, it definately needs a brotherhood type follow up

You always inspire me to do better with my WorldAs; I know I'm not horrible at making them but you craft yours into art.
I'm glad I can inspire! Anyone can make worlda maps into art with a bit of dedication, work, and love put into them and I hope mine can serve as inspiration and ideas for people who want to work with the format. :)

54b66521d5ab65399d5a09cc2475380c.gif

I plan to turn this into an actual thread at some point, but I figured while I have the maps I might as well post them here. Some more from the same universe as the big United States map, with some details tweaked and a little more of the background explained, while being Alabama-centric. Enjoy!

Spurious Transmissions: Alabama

4VdUHNl.png

qFZGK4Z.png

imEVdwF.png

Alabama is a state that owes its history to Reconstruction following the Civil War. With the deaths of President Lincoln and Vice President Johnson, Radical Republicans were able to make acting President Lafayette Foster their puppet and get what they wanted for their plans in the South. With this "Radical Reconstruction", Republicans sought to break the back of slave power's remnant in the South following the Civil War. Former Confederates were punished and disallowed from office, civil rights bills were enacted, Amendments to the Supreme Court passed, and locally in Alabama a large branch of the Freedmen's Bureau was set up in Huntsville.

Alabama was not without resistance to the new policies, but the continued elections of Radical Republicans in Congress and to the Presidency, like President William H. Seward, meant that the government stood firm. Republicans were able to solidly carry the vote in Alabama throughout this era due to a diverse political alliance centered among the newly-freed and empowered black population. By the 1880s, Alabama had elected its first black Governor: Charles Atwood, a former slave who worked his way into being a notable investor in and ally to the powerful Pratt Coal & Iron Company in Birmingham.

The two primary political forces that would continue to dominate Alabama would be industrial production in urban centers such as Birmingham and Mobile and agricultural production throughout the rest of the state, but particularly in the "black belt" region where freedmen farmers made use of Radical Reconstruction to form their own organizations and cooperatives. The Southern Farmer's Alliance would do well here, and help form half of the political alliance that would morph into the modern Farmer-Republican Party. Alabama's urban centers would boom around the turn of the 20th century as Birmingham Steel and Mobile Shipbuilding became mainstays of the United States economy, and the state prospered.

Alabama was relatively unharmed by the "Troubles" of the 1930s in the United States, the period of social unrest and rebellion throughout the South against the American government, particularly by the descendants of anti-Reconstruction "Redeemers". The worst troubles was in Appalachian Alabama, but the already-heavy military presence in Alabama, with a large Army base in Anniston, made sure to keep things under control. Alabama would then see its economy boom during the 1940s following the United States' entry into the Global Revolutionary Wars, as Alabama's factories, shipyards, and mines worked just around the clock to provide the nation with its arsenal.

Following the war, Alabama began its transition to a modern economy, as cities like Montgomery, Auburn, Huntsville, and Tuscaloosa began to rise as centers of the educated and professional business while Mobile and Birmingham began to diversify their economies away from their industrial pasts. Suburbanization occurred to an extent, and the cities expanded their borders to allow residents to live outside of the downtown areas while still within city borders. New highways moved through Alabama and the AFRA (American Federal Rail Authority) extended its lines through the state.

Many rural Alabamians packed up and moved to the state's cities or to the ever-growing Steel Belt in the North. This rural movement helped create conflict in many areas, and began movements on the subjects of labor and particularly race in Alabama and throughout the United States. Civil rights leaders in states such as Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio hailed from Alabama and brought their values with them as they sought to make life better in their new homes, while other leaders fought for rights such as housing and equal schools and new leaders right at home in Montgomery, Huntsville, Birmingham, and Mobile. Young black leaders were elected to local and, later, statewide positions as a result of these movements throughout the 1960s and 70s.

Today, Alabama is a growing state of just over 5 million with a large, multi-faceted economy and comparable living standards to the rest of the South. It is a complicated and diverse state, from the co-op farm fields to the bustling modern high-tech offices in Birmingham and everything in between. Politically it is divided between the three parties, and its future is uncertain over which will emerge victorious over the state. The Farmer-Republican Party, the broad tent party that has formed a union between much of rural and small town Alabama for generations, has slipped from its domination. The Social Democratic Party has come to power in heavily-educated and dense-populated areas of the state as well as reaching out to landless farm workers who derisively refer to the old party as the "Planter-Republican Party". In the suburbs and struggling white rural farms and small towns the right-populist American Worker's Party has grown as well on a message of economic strength for the little man and conservative values, met derisively by both other parties.

As mines close and factories fight with unions about closures, the economic future of Alabama is also up in the air. The state is in many ways a meeting place, where the Deep South states that straddle the Mississippi meet the Atlantic South. Whichever way Alabama goes in the future, so too will the other Reconstructed States of today go as well.