WIP Map Thread

View attachment 815106

An inset for a Q BAM I've been working on, the Q BAM has been WIP for about a year but this I started last night. Yes this is a Slavic low countries, in particular the Serbs and Sorbs ended up here, which is why you can see some Sorbian tribes represented in the toponymy. Migrations be wildin. As far as non-Slavic groups go, Avan is the last Frisian city in what was prior to the migration event Frisian territory, Miltchanska Zhupa has considerable Gallo-Romance and Saxon influence and presences, and Alsace has a large population of Allemanic Germans. You'll never guess the POD from this map since this is centuries after it and far from the area the POD happened in & I've used a very strong butterfly effect ITTL.

I will use more English-like orthography here
  • Banovinas
    • Pomorska = by the sea, coastal
    • Zorinska = derived from Zora, dawn
    • Povioglye = by the Vioglya river (the Meuse, Vioglya from Vioga meaning bend or twist in a river), so by the twisted river
    • Torañska = of the tower, referring to the city of Torañ, OTL Tournai
  • Duchies
    • Milchanska = of the Milchani, a tribe
    • Polyana = field
    • Telyani = from a Germanic word for canal in reference to the channels between the islands. The people of the Canals basically. An allohistorical reference to the Canalites of OTL medieval Serbia. These are a vassal tribe rather than a feudal domain
    • Barre = Swamps, pools
    • Ostrob = island
    • Plovlye = floodplain or land of flowing, on account of the lower Rhine and Meuse
    • Morichka = the Moriches, another tribe, not Sorbian but absorbed ITTL
    • Borichi = another tribe, this time not an OTL one the descendants of a man named Bor, the ancestors name means Pine
    • Kolyedichka = another OTL Sorbian tribe, descendants of a Koledar, a kind of pagan ritual dancer and singer (IOTL the term has come to refer to a kind of masked Christmas caroler)
    • Gerbalyska = of the Gerbalyi/Grbalji, the hunchbacked people. Hunchback is a really common basis for surnames and tribal names among the Serbs and Croats.
    • Primetachlye = by Metz
    • Borovitova Vozhitsa = Borovit's Vosge region, named after a noble that ruled the area
    • Alsachka Kraina = Alsatian March
  • Cities
    • Grañevo = from Aquae Grannus, the Roman name for Aachen
    • Movimedj = from Noviomagus
    • Avañ = from Frisian Haven
    • Torañ = tower, corrupted from Tournai
    • Voditze = waters, little waters
    • Bar = an OTL name, modern Bar-le-duc
    • Metatz = Metz, also an OTL name
Even if the POD has nothing to do with this, what is it?

Even if the POD has nothing to do with this, what is it?
The Hephthalites converting to Manicheism and conquering Persia. The initial POD is basically more successful Manichean proselytization in the western portion of the Eurasian steppe in like the late 300s early 400s AD, the map is set in 1100.

Greek Siberia and French HRE.png

MolticeWIP (1).png

I am currently creating a Pokemon region (may try to make a Pokemon fan-game) with a relation to the Paldea region from Pokemon: Scarlet and Violet. The region itself is based on Eastern Canada (which would also explain the relation to Paldea. The Iberians were the second group of Europeans to discover Canada).

Vikland (guess the references in that name) is the beginning area, with the Player starting in Alminster City. Oh yeah, the games for this region would have these names: Pokemon: Obsidian, Pokemon: Hydro, Pokemon: Magma, and Pokemon: Arctic. The 4 cities each contain a gym, with the first battle being version exclusive, and you will be able to challenge the gym leaders after you beat the game, even the ones not in your game. Porto Naranja is the main port, based on Porto Marinada from Paldea, with auctions and everything. Near the end of the game, the player would have to get on a ferry and go to Antrac (My friend requested it be Antarctica, and he is helping me with the concepts). The beginning area is lush, with Jungle (definitely unique, no references there), but then you get to the freezing cold. Antrac Mines is where the champion for Obsidian resides. Also, Huijin-Shizou, the Box Art legendary for Obsidian, is there. Antrac Mountain, Arctic Champion, Box Art Legendary, Chegida. Antrac Bay, Hydro Champion, and the Box Art Legendary for Hydro (no name yet), and then, you get out of the snow, and into the ash. There, there is a Volcano, where the Magma champion is, same as Box Art Dongjin-Shyou.

Boulderland is underground, Aquacity is similar to Levincia in design, with a central lake, Singetown is similar to Aquacity, but on the Gates of Hell from Turkmenistan instead of a lake, and then Arcticia is similar to Montenevera.

I really want some opinions on this.

export202303081316169772.png
world map one
(sorry for my bad england beforehand)
I'm making a modern day ww1 central powers victory scenario. I'm using Ulyanovsk's 1914 map as base map (full version here, thanks him/her very much for sharing it with me). Borders, colors is not final yet but its pretty much will remain similar. The little lore is; most of the events before and during WW1 is happened same way in OTL. Russian civil war happened, ottomans got invaded through iraq and palestine etc. Finally, central powers won the war by a late date victory (like in 1918, spring offensive or something like that). I haven't finalized the lore yet, so questions like "was there a french civil war and regime change after the war?", they are not clear yet. This because i mainly focused on modern day borders rather than a story/lore writing. There are events/wars like for bulgarian and hungarian ones but i haven't finalized their dates, details for the reason I stated.

So, for some questions and its answers:

-What happened to Russia, who won the civil war?
+Whites. It wasn't a random decision tho, Neither Allies or Germans like the bolsheviks and wanted a communist state. From both sides help? and without the eastern europe falls into bolshevik's hands after Germany's surrender like OTL, Whites won the civil war.

-What happened to A-H?
+A-H didn't dissolved after the war, it happened after few years-decades. By that time they made significant progress towards federalization, but Hungarians didn't like that. They didn't wanted to share the crown with a 3rd (Croatia) and give away-give autonomous to minority areas of lands they control. Finally, the Hungary left the federation with it's big hungary borders. As you can imagine, they weren't that gentle towards to minorities, so with minority protests/insurgencies and the other countries involvement, the big hungary downgraded to in the map borders. New states were established in regions where there was no absolute majority, for example Banat and Transylvania. Especially Germans wanted this too, with that way they can influence the balkans more easily.

For Galicia and Lodomeria, Germans wanted it stayed as a individual state. But long time irredentism, clashes inside country from both sides and weakening German influence over the related countries eventually led to dissolution and annexation of the country's lands.

About Austria, after the dissolution of federation, weakening it's influence over member countries and the Germany's and the vast majority of public's desire to unite with Germany led to unite with Germany.

-What happened to Ottomans, why the long Turkey?
+ Ottomans didn't dissolved after the war, in fact, they survived more than A-H. This because is victory in the war and German help to tidy up the country after the war. One more factor was oil too. After the war, with the results of Arab revolt and last period Turkish nationalist government in Ottoman Empire, they somewhat gave some autonomy to minorities, especially Arabs, and the empire started liberalise. Long story short, with the (ofc) influence of great powers (mainly britain, france and u.s.) and disagreement between Turkish and other ethnicities, Turks supreme and repressive attitude towards minorities and general nationalist and liberalist trends on the world eventually led to dissolution of Ottoman Empire. However the dissolution happened with more of agreement based than a military conflict one. Turks got the strategic and holdable areas for themselves.

Btw about armenia and azerbaijan, after the ww1 ottomans annexed both of them. Its not a suprise, the Ottoman government then was Turkic nationalist and in favour of that. The one thing that always confuse me is, in most WW1 central powers win scenarios Ottomans or azerbaijan doesnt get the south azerbaijan. In OTL, they captured the south azerbaijan, so i dont know why people doesnt give it to them, probably because of lack of knowledge (im not judging or mocking it).

-Bulgaria, balkans
+After ww1, bulgaria got the lands they promised before. They basically treated minorities in that lands repressive. Same story as Hungary, eventually they evolved to current map borders. About albania, first they got albanian lands from bulgaria, after that there was Albanian insurgency in Serbia, Kosova. After some clashes, with the supervision of great powers which mainly is germany, they got a agreement which defines to current map borders of two nations.

-What about outside of Europe?
+Nothing much interesting about border changes. Japan fights with China same like OTL and lost it. North and South America's borders is nearly same as OTL, maybe the 100% same. Africa would be mostly same with even exchange of colonies (im talking about modern country border changes in this paragraph). Aside from middle east, central asia, asia is would be mostly same as OTL too.

Cuz of its WIP, i still will change and renew some borders and colors. Like in central asia, you see its the OTL borders, which will i change it. Western border of germany, i drew it blindly (aimed for briey basin and western slopes but yeah, i definitely renew it). Middle east borders, iraq, palestine and hijaz mainly, also add other countries to there too. Don and kuban republic borders. Slovakia and transylvania needs some little touches too.

Btw with the few exceptions above, I placed great emphasis on border accuracy (never heard 'placing emphasis' btw, thx to google translate). So you can ask me questions and recommend advices like: "why this border is 2 pixel left" or "would'nt it better to use 1834 border instead of 1835". I am and will looking forward for even smallest graphic changes.

Im currently on mobile, i will convert this project with some tool like QGIS or another one to a nice looking map. Also planning to expand and detailing the lore alongside the map changes. Especially as i write, i tired so english translations may be bad and lazy. Maybe i edit it later. I also planning to open a thread for this timeline. edit:opened it. i'll post updates on there so no spam here.

Last edited:
View attachment 816296world map one
(sorry for my bad england beforehand)
I'm making a modern day ww1 central powers victory scenario. I'm using Ulyanovsk's 1914 map as base map (full version here, thanks him/her very much for sharing it with me). Borders, colors is not final yet but its pretty much will remain similar. The little lore is; most of the events before and during WW1 is happened same way in OTL. Russian civil war happened, ottomans got invaded through iraq and palestine etc. Finally, central powers won the war by a late date victory (like in 1918, spring offensive or something like that). I haven't finalized the lore yet, so questions like "was there a french civil war and regime change after the war?", they are not clear yet. This because i mainly focused on modern day borders rather than a story/lore writing. There are events/wars like for bulgarian and hungarian ones but i haven't finalized their dates, details for the reason I stated.

So, for some questions and its answers:

-What happened to Russia, who won the civil war?
+Whites. It wasn't a random decision tho, Neither Allies or Germans like the bolsheviks and wanted a communist state. From both sides help? and without the eastern europe falls into bolshevik's hands after Germany's surrender like OTL, Whites won the civil war.

-What happened to A-H?
+A-H didn't dissolved after the war, it happened after few years-decades. By that time they made significant progress towards federalization, but Hungarians didn't like that. They didn't wanted to share the crown with a 3rd (Croatia) and give away-give autonomous to minority areas of lands they control. Finally, the Hungary left the federation with it's big hungary borders. As you can imagine, they weren't that gentle towards to minorities, so with minority protests/insurgencies and the other countries involvement, the big hungary downgraded to in the map borders. New states were established in regions where there was no absolute majority, for example Banat and Transylvania. Especially Germans wanted this too, with that way they can influence the balkans more easily.

For Galicia and Lodomeria, Germans wanted it stayed as a individual state. But long time irredentism, clashes inside country from both sides and weakening German influence over the related countries eventually led to dissolution and annexation of the country's lands.

About Austria, after the dissolution of federation, weakening it's influence over member countries and the Germany's and the vast majority of public's desire to unite with Germany led to unite with Germany.

-What happened to Ottomans, why the long Turkey?
+ Ottomans didn't dissolved after the war, in fact, they survived more than A-H. This because is victory in the war and German help to tidy up the country after the war. One more factor was oil too. After the war, with the results of Arab revolt and last period Turkish nationalist government in Ottoman Empire, they somewhat gave some autonomy to minorities, especially Arabs, and the empire started liberalise. Long story short, with the (ofc) influence of great powers (mainly britain, france and u.s.) and disagreement between Turkish and other ethnicities, Turks supreme and repressive attitude towards minorities and general nationalist and liberalist trends on the world eventually led to dissolution of Ottoman Empire. However the dissolution happened with more of agreement based than a military conflict one. Turks got the strategic and holdable areas for themselves.

Btw about armenia and azerbaijan, after the ww1 ottomans annexed both of them. Its not a suprise, the Ottoman government then was Turkic nationalist and in favour of that. The one thing that always confuse me is, in most WW1 central powers win scenarios Ottomans or azerbaijan doesnt get the south azerbaijan. In OTL, they captured the south azerbaijan, so i dont know why people doesnt give it to them, probably because of lack of knowledge (im not judging or mocking it).

-Bulgaria, balkans
+After ww1, bulgaria got the lands they promised before. They basically treated minorities in that lands repressive. Same story as Hungary, eventually they evolved to current map borders. About albania, first they got albanian lands from bulgaria, after that there was Albanian insurgency in Serbia, Kosova. After some clashes, with the supervision of great powers which mainly is germany, they got a agreement which defines to current map borders of two nations.

-What about outside of Europe?
+Nothing much interesting about border changes. Japan fights with China same like OTL and lost it. North and South America's borders is nearly same as OTL, maybe the 100% same. Africa would be mostly same with even exchange of colonies (im talking about modern country border changes in this paragraph). Aside from middle east, central asia, asia is would be mostly same as OTL too.

Cuz of its WIP, i still will change and renew some borders and colors. Like in central asia, you see its the OTL borders, which will i change it. Western border of germany, i drew it blindly (aimed for briey basin and western slopes but yeah, i definitely renew it). Middle east borders, iraq, palestine and hijaz mainly, also add other countries to there too. Don and kuban republic borders. Slovakia and transylvania needs some little touches too.

Btw with the few exceptions above, I placed great emphasis on border accuracy (never heard 'placing emphasis' btw, thx to google translate). So you can ask me questions and recommend advices like: "why this border is 2 pixel left" or "would'nt it better to use 1834 border instead of 1835". I am and will looking forward for even smallest graphic changes.

Im currently on mobile, i will convert this project with some tool like QGIS or another one to a nice looking map. Also planning to expand and detailing the lore alongside the map changes. Especially as i write, i tired so english translations may be bad and lazy. Maybe i edit it later. I also planning to open a thread for this timeline. edit:opened it. i'll post updates on there so no spam here.
Very impressive. I'm a girl who unabashedly swoons when I see Germany with those exact borders.

Because Brest-Litovsk included a clause to respect Iran's political and economic independence and territorial integrity. Ofc the Ottomans immediately violated this not because they had grandeur plans to annex South Azerbaijan but to circumnavigate Armenia, reach Baku, and capture retreating Armenian soldiers. The Ottomans would aim for the Batum Conference provisions -- not total annexation of Armenia.

Turkish nationalist government in Ottoman Empire, they somewhat gave some autonomy to minorities, especially Arabs, and the empire started liberalise.
This is pure fantasy. The CUP was completely against minority autonomy in the Empire.

By that time they made significant progress towards federalization, but Hungarians didn't like that
If they didn't like it then they'd veto it. Austro-Hungarian federalization is a pipe dream that was never going to happen as long as the current Dual Monarchy structure remained in place.

Because Brest-Litovsk included a clause to respect Iran's political and economic independence and territorial integrity. Ofc the Ottomans immediately violated this not because they had grandeur plans to annex South Azerbaijan but to circumnavigate Armenia, reach Baku, and capture retreating Armenian soldiers. The Ottomans would aim for the Batum Conference provisions -- not total annexation of Armenia.
They obey batum treaty borders, but Armenians (like OTL) doesnt, there is still fightings in zengezur and karabakh. This + keep armenians in sight and have a larger corridor to azerbaijan, ottomans fully annex armenia later. For south azerbijan, yes they attacked through iran because reaching baku and circumnavigate to russia. In OTL, ottomans captured Tabriz and most of south azerbaijan. The Enver Pasha and CUP has Turkic dreams of reaching central asia. So annexing south azerbaijan would make much sense i think.
This is pure fantasy. The CUP was completely against minority autonomy in the Empire.
They were yes. But there wasnt too many options, either ottomans liberalise or would have more devastating consequences for both sides that could make empire collapse. They choosed to liberalise, although they werent that much successful at it.
If they didn't like it then they'd veto it. Austro-Hungarian federalization is a pipe dream that was never going to happen as long as the current Dual Monarchy structure remained in place.
Basically thats what happened. They didnt like Triple Monarchy or other autonomy-federation things and leaved the federation.

They obey batum treaty borders, but Armenians (like OTL) doesnt, there is still fightings in zengezur and karabakh.
Because Andranik was filibustering at this point. He had no authorization from the Armenian government.

The Enver Pasha and CUP has Turkic dreams of reaching central asia. So annexing south azerbaijan would make much sense i think.
Union with Azerbaijan would only be possible with German blessing because they have high stakes in the oil there. This doesn't address them unanimously annexing the entirety of Iranian Azerbaijan when they already have a clear connection from Kars to Baku.

But there wasnt too many options, either ottomans liberalise or would have more devastating consequences for both sides that could make empire collapse.
You're overestimating the strength of anti-Ottoman Arabism. Without the British propping it up they fall on deaf ears.

Basically thats what happened. They didnt like Triple Monarchy or other autonomy-federation things and leaved the federation.
What federation? The federation would never be born in the first place. The Hungarians would veto it and the Dual Monarchy would continue with the status quo.

What federation? The federation would never be born in the first place. The Hungarians would veto it and the Dual Monarchy would continue with the status quo
I meant they leave the Austro-Hungarian empire and become fully independent

1678489385764.png

Another inset for the Q BAM Im working on

If youre wondering what Hakka is doing up north, apparently the ancestor of the dialect originated up there so I'm using Hakka here as an anachronistic label.