WIP Map Thread

OstIstWest.png

Minor progress. It's mostly the writeup at this point which I'm a bit daunted by. Questions are welcome.

Mamluk Modernity.png

Much progress has been made. I may turn the map North-side-up again in the final product because I like having most of the land on top. Thanks to all of you who encouraged me to keep going with this one.

I'm going to finish this today.
Mamluk Modernity.png

EDIT: ok, sometime in the next week. That was a rash promise to make over the holidays and I apologize for misleading us all.

Edit because I want to back this up somewhere:
Mamluk Modernity.png

Last edited:
Iq8x3zs.png

Either an inset or a companion for a map I'm working on (if its gonna be an inset Ill have to shrink it to a smaller projection).

The year is 2022, don't worry, this mess isn't meant to be a FHTL (though the fact that its like this today could be worse depending on how you look at things) and this bit shows international recognition of the Republic of Khuzistan, anything in a lighter shade of blue or red is an unrecognized or partially recognized state, and anything in grey has no official or at least known position on Khuzistan's independence. I will note that Romania is considering recognizing Kuzistan and stalled because of Szekelyfold.

I won't give too many details about the world as a post set in the same TL is (ideally) coming soon but I'd love to see what you all think the POD is and what you imagine the world to be like. I might answer questions if I feel like it, but again, I'd rather open this more properly with a different completed map whose writeup is almost done.

Edit: Also, this is a WIP, there are some leftovers from the OTL Q BAM I used as a base.

Last edited:
P2kqV8W.jpg

Am "making" a (sub)continent in the South Pacific by splicing Earth98's South America and Australia.

But does it look too much like Africa?