WIP Map Thread

tnh4u8u.png

My colonial Korea WIP. Trying to figure out a good way to add in the stats of each of the lands without it looking too crowded.

Also the names are: Aman (top-left), Imlina (bottom-left), Gitsan (top-right), Hwasan (bottom-right)
While I can recognize the rest, whats on top left?

No this is the first but you could check out the WorldRaj thread shown below
As someone who's in the process of stumbling through his 1st mapping project (well, 1st since graduate-school GIS at least - and not even gonna say how long ago THAT was :confounded: ), I have to say those are quite impressive... and intimidating :)

As someone who's in the process of stumbling through his 1st mapping project (well, 1st since graduate-school GIS at least - and not even gonna say how long ago THAT was :confounded: ), I have to say those are quite impressive... and intimidating :)
Thank you, non GIS as well. Really can't hack GIS.

Thank you, non GIS as well. Really can't hack GIS.
Heh, yeah... I d/l'ed QGIS a while back, thinking I'd take a stab at it, but it's just been too long and the learning curve is a little steep for me now :(
Of course, if anybody's got an old copy of Arc*Info from the late '90's laying around, I might could handle that x'D

View attachment 784817
Progress! Should I implement some alt-geography?
What is this?
How serious is it supposed to be?
What is the POD?

Generally, I don't like when people include alternate geography just for fun. Alternate geography would have a huge impact on history so it shouldn't be thrown in later on for the lulz. It's very interesting, but IMO its more of a TL of its own. BUT, if this map isn't meant to be too serious or is very soft AH, then that's a different matter and I think you should do what you think is cool. This is ofc all my personal opinion.