WIP Map Thread

BaseMapDoneAtleast.png

A basemap I made for a project of mine I am making. Before anyone ask. No, I didn't used qgis and others gis. Yes, call me insane. (I actually like the tracing progress even if time consuming)

Also I promise, i will update this one soon. I've been neglecting that project for while now.
ItalyDone.png

Update to my ISOT map

BaseMapDoneAtleast.png

A basemap I made for a project of mine I am making. Before anyone ask. No, I didn't used qgis and others gis. Yes, call me insane. (I actually like the tracing progress even if time consuming)

Also I promise, i will update this one soon. I've been neglecting that project for while now.
That is BEAUTIFUL

1652634912716.png

Sneak peek at a project I've been working on, and one that I actually plan on completing. See if you can guess the main POD for Europe.

On a related note, what would people say is more cliche in alternate history timelines, a federalized Austria-Hungary or Austria being controlled by the German Empire? I'm leaning towards keeping the former since I don't want this scenario to look too much like Pax Britannica sans steampunk (plus I'm somewhat partial towards the Habsburgs), but at the same time it feels like every other timeline has some sort of Danubian Federation or United States of Greater Austria and I don't necessarily just want to be the next person who does that again.

View attachment 741882
Sneak peek at a project I've been working on, and one that I actually plan on completing. See if you can guess the main POD for Europe.

On a related note, what would people say is more cliche in alternate history timelines, a federalized Austria-Hungary or Austria being controlled by the German Empire? I'm leaning towards keeping the former since I don't want this scenario to look too much like Pax Britannica sans steampunk (plus I'm somewhat partial towards the Habsburgs), but at the same time it feels like every other timeline has some sort of Danubian Federation or United States of Greater Austria and I don't necessarily just want to be the next person who does that again.
Well, I can hardly see any other outcome of Habsburg empire collapse than German Mitteleuropa or Russia as european hegemon (unless BOTH of them are soundly defeated in war... which isn´t case of your scenario, I pressume)

1652736139184.png

Another WIP from the same scenario as the last map, along with a question. Which of these maps do y'all think looks better? There's no Trail of Tears ITTL so I'm keeping the Five Civilized Tribes in the South, but I felt that the first map (which I pulled from a map of the tribes made on the NextGen thread) makes them appear a lot more dominant than I had anticipated for this scenario. On the other hand, I'm always paranoid about drawing borders without a reference, so I'm not sure how good the borders on the right look. As with the last map I'm open to any feedback.

Also, just to clarify, this isn't a Confederate States; while the main European POD is in the 1860s, the POD for North America is quite a bit earlier.

Which of these maps do y'all think looks better?
I think it depends on their position within that country, if they managed to integrate themselves as part of the (presumed) planter elite, they could maintain that land, but if not I think it makes more sense that they would just remain in those chopped down reservation zones.

1652895311352.png

Update on my project, including a world map and more inset maps. I also updated the family tree; I may have gone a bit overboard with trying to fit as many royal families in as possible. I think I'm more or les done with the map outside of a few things, so I'll start working on the legend next (maybe a few more insets too since I don't like all the empty space that's left, but I'm not too sure what else to include).

I'm open to any sort of commentary, but one area in particular I'd like to check on is the ethnic map and pie charts of Carolina. The basic idea I had was that the South doesn't join the American Revolution due to Thomas Jefferson's condemnation of slavery remaining in the Declaration of Independence. The Americans still win, but the South remains under British rule and over the years ends up becoming the Dominion of Carolina. Ironically, despite not joining the Revolution due to slavery, slavery would be abolished in Carolina sooner than it was IOTL due to the British Empire still abolishing slavery and the slave trade on schedule in 1833, and while this led to some unrest in Carolina the British were ultimately able to keep things under control and see the emancipation of former slaves. Following the abolition of slavery, a process would begin of indentured servants from British India being brought to the South to work jobs once worked by slaves, similar to what happened in Guyana and Suriname. Indentured servitude would eventually be done away with as well, but a large Indo-Carolinian population would continue to be influential in the culture of Carolina, influencing art, cuisine, and even religion, as one can expect to see a Hindu temple or Islamic mosque in the town square just as likely as seeing a Baptist, Methodist, or Anglican church. Additionally, without Andrew Jackson ever coming to power, there's no Trail of Tears, and while their borders have been reduced somewhat over the years the Five Civilized Tribes still find themselves in control of their core ancestral territories, with about 10-15% of the population being indigenous.

With that background, do the charts and map for Carolina seem to fit, or have I over or underestimated the percentages?

I want to take a bit of break from mapmaking to focus on other stuff. So I'm dumping the other two maps I been working on aside from that USA one.

Independent Buenos Aires after Argentina colapse:
Baires_Actual_Everything.png

Pretty straightforward. I don't really like a lot of Argentina but balkanized maps since I feel they don't do it right. So I decided to making my own ones. Starting from my beloved homeland. Still pretty WIP. Also credits to ShahAbbas1571 for letting me borrow a bit of his style.

The Europe ISOT I'm making with everything I have done by far

EverythingByFarMay.png

I think you guys saw it already. I plan to credit every single map I have used here to reference when it's done.

I want to take a bit of break from mapmaking to focus on other stuff. So I'm dumping the other two maps I been working on aside from that USA one.

Independent Buenos Aires after Argentina colapse:
Baires_Actual_Everything.png

Pretty straightforward. I don't really like a lot of Argentina but balkanized maps since I feel they don't do it right. So I decided to making my own ones. Starting from my beloved homeland. Still pretty WIP. Also credits to ShahAbbas1571 for letting me borrow a bit of his style.

The Europe ISOT I'm making with everything I have done by far
EverythingByFarMay.png

I think you guys saw it already. I plan to credit every single map I have used here to reference when it's done.
The Balkans will curbstomp much of the other nations here, judging by the 2022 borders.