WIP Map Thread

Untitled69_20210904224915.png

United States — April 12, 1861.
Only WIP as I have to update it with other countries and tribes.

What so proudly we hailed
At the twilight's last gleaming?

Untitled69_20210905195719.png

The United States on April 12, 1861 (OTL), possibly my final update before completion.
Still need to improve and add some other native tribes in Canada.​

1630963825887.png
image0.png

so im trying to make america similar to kolchak's mess of 1915 china. give me some ideas
p.s, the blobs in western america will become tribal territory with the exception of the death valley region in california

View attachment 677668

Now, I could have wrapped up this crossover map a while back... I have no one to blame on this addition but myself ahaha~

The Witcher Continent has been added atop the Westerlands, the Reach, and Dorne! Still need to sketch out the new height maps for the redesigned areas, but the remainder of the map (the North/Arda, the East/Thedas) are more or less complete in regards to topology. I have to figure out how to deal with how to depict biomes, not to mention political borders, locations, roads...

Any thoughts? I must admit I am the least familiar with the Continent in comparison to the other mashed worlds in this piece.
I'm not that familiar with the Witcher either but I will say it looks good (although I will say that the Westerlands seems a bit too-small), I'm also going to admit that it took me a moment to actually realize how the geography had mixed.

About how to depic biomes and other things, maybe go with separate maps for them? I'm no expert but generally when I'm doing a map of this type I first do one of biomes/landscape, save that, and then draw the borders, roads and locations over a copy of the biome map, after finishing that, I either erase the natural geography aspects of this new version or leave them as an extra feature (but it also depends on how you plan on depicting things, and on the map's size)

Depend on... what it is? (aside its beautiful)
Spanish colonialism is disrupted by the Ottomans, leading to France becoming the main colonial power in the New World and not wiping out the natives. Ottomans conquer India just before the Boxer rebellion, which is a much more disastrous conflict. The Ottomans also carve up Africa (in much less of a scramble) and have some wars of conquest along the way.

View attachment 681816
start of a generic 'what if europe disappeared right before ww1 and the usa got most of it'
Wouldn´t Ottomans try to get back at least some part of Balkans? Okay, I am assuming they didn´t collapse, with loss of capital... But if they survive, they may do quite well (by "Europe" you mean everything west of Ural, so from Russia remains just Siberia, Central Asia and some bits of Caucasus?)

Even if the Ottomans collapse whatever government in (Western) Anatolia will without a doubt be able to get a decent amount of land in the Balkans.

Wouldn´t Ottomans try to get back at least some part of Balkans? Okay, I am assuming they didn´t collapse, with loss of capital... But if they survive, they may do quite well (by "Europe" you mean everything west of Ural, so from Russia remains just Siberia, Central Asia and some bits of Caucasus?)
I haven't decided on the exact borders of the yeetage, so I might just make it a circle in the east, with parts of anatolia in it, so the ottomans might not exist in the next update