WIP Map Thread

1617842259582.png

A WIP map for Clich-imerica, a map of North America mishmashed with mapping cliches as well as suggestions from 2(?) Discord servers. I am in the process of adding the native nations, but everything else is complete.

I decided to go for the cliches that affect states only, since going for major state-spanning cliches like New Afrika, the Confederacy, a Great Lakes Union, etc. have been overdone before. The more obvious cliches here include an independent Alaska and Hawaii, the United States owning 54'40, Baja, and Sonora, a unified Carolina and Dakota, a larger Texas, and (as a common in-joke) Wyoming being unexistent.

Canada does not have much cliches here, so I went back in time to find suitable border arrangements, resulting in Assiniboia. The only major cliche with Canada is an independent Quebec.

The rest were suggestions from the r/ImaginaryMaps Discord server by a variety of people.

1617983564099.png

A WIP map of my America inspired hard fantasy world. I started with the predominantly Elven/Beastfolk (basically what the races are, I won't lie to you) midwest. I'm planning on going state by state, maybe making an almanac/election map series.

1C9C75BE-AF6C-4C9E-9890-8DF12B0BC735.png

I’ve been working on this all week. There’s just the rivers in Ireland, Scotland and France left to do, along with more touch ups along the coasts

What's the smallest state? What's the largest? As for next, I'd go ASEAN and what's left of Oceania.
Smallest by area? Probably South Antilles.
Smalledt by population? I made sure that all the states had at least 1 million, though South Antilles again slipped past me. Now thst you bring it up,I'm notdure whst to do with it. Should I attach it to the Leeward Isles, theWindward Isles, Trinidad and Tobago, or oneof the Venezuelan ststes? That, or Alaska, or Sikkim-Darjeeling.
Largest by area? Yakutia, definitely.
Largest by population? Good question! Possibly one of Kanto, Beijing, Shanghai, one of the four states in Canton (still not sure about the number of dtates or the borders), one of the states in Uttar Pradesh, Haryana (which contains Delhi), or Central Punjab.

fictionalfantasything.png

A part of me thinks continued updates will only serve to induce a slight feeling of laziness that will only doom this to the same pit of incompleteness that every project I've worked on lately has been banished to.

W.I.P. of a really, really multi-ethnic United States with a lot of states.

unknown.png

The colours indicate which group is the ethnic majority in each state.
Red = English
Yellow = Native
Light blue = French
Purple = No majority/mixed
Light green = Portuguese
Orange = Dutch
Light brown = Walloon
Teal = Frisian
Golden = Brabantian
Black = German
Bluish white = Bavarian
Green = Welsh
Blue = Swedish
White = Finnish

Tell my if any names are iffy please, I only know English, Spanish and Portuguese, so I had to use translators most of the time.

1618492387111.png

Progress on the mega-accurate (for some reason) 500 BC map that will be used in Where Do We Go Next?. At this point it's so detailed that it can be uploaded as a new map.

Working on the European tribes as well as Central Asia and the rest of China that isn't already covered by the Spring and Autumn period. Also have Gojoseon and Jomon Japan to finish. It's gonna be a doozy.