WIP Map Thread

anotheralt.png

More progress. If you're curious, powers include: Pohjarva (pink in northern Scandinavia; Finnic people), Britain (green; Celtic/Brythonic), Andalusia (Arab), Suebia, Visigothia (olive green in eastern Spain), Frankia, Lechia, Moravia, Livonia (Finnic), Russia (brown; Slavic/N Germanic hybrid), Avaria (blue in east Ukraine), Khazaria, Tataria, Dzaumochita (greenish in northern China; Indo-European), India (red in Persia; Turkic), Arabia, Assyria, and Armenia.

View attachment 637150

So this was an Inkscape project that I abandon.

This was based on The Alternate Historian's video, What if Russia won the Crimean war.

Basically, this Map was set after a Great War between the Western Democracy plus Italy and Prussia, Versus the Eastern Monarchs, Russia, Austria, the Ottomans, and Greece. Russia, Turkey, and Hungary fell onto the Communist revolution and Greece became a Far-Right military dictatorship.
Interesting while quite original scenario...
Not sure why Prussia went against Russia, they have quite friendly relations for most of 19th century and I am not sure if there were even some real issues bbetween them - unlike with Austria, whose aims on Balkan clash (or would clash, sooner or later) with Russians and there was also less solidarity in Polish question among Vienna and St. Petersburg then among later and Berlin... Also, fear of Panslavism was much greater thing in Austria then Prussia (but that could be even smaller problem here, with stronger rule of souverains of both empires)

anotheralt.png

Progress in Northeast Asia, Libya and the Nile.
- Northeast Africa is a hodgepodge of various states, ranging from the Arab *Tripolitania, that yellow one in Egypt, and Nabataea, to the Berber and Nilo-Saharan states of Fezzan, Tibesti, and Darfur, as well as Coptic Egypt, Christian Nubia, that unnamed Red Sea state, and a few Achaean colonies.
- The Russian Far East, where not under the direct control of Tataria, is composed of an array of native Siberian states vassal to it. However, the rising power of Ezo may be challenging Tataria's control over the Pacific.
- Squashed between Tataria and Dzaumochita, Manchuria is pushing into Korea to expand influence, where it is up against the state of Silla and its plentiful vassals.
- Japan: The northern half is under the expanding Empire of Ezo. The rest is a hodgepodge of weak Japonic states, some vassal to Silla or Ezo.
Any suggestions? Criticism?

View attachment 637589
A few updates have been made. I'm open to suggestions. I'm considering having *Manchuguo dig into Siberia some more. And I know I need to fix the borders in Central and South-Eastern Europe.
Not sure about OTL eastern borders of Poland, (north)-west borders of Romania and north b. of Serbia...
And about Manchuria/Manchukuo expansion - that Greater Manchuria/Korea posted few weeks back in Proposals thread could be inspiration?
Whats going on in Central Africa and Abyssinia? ongoing revolts or civil wars or something else?

thing.png

Blue state bordering Ukraine is a Cossack state.
The blue state in Central Africa is an independent native state.
Chinese states are:
North, Orange/Brown three shade: Remnant of the most recent dynasty (Either Ming or some Native Chinese replacement, Qing stayed in Manchuria). Lost the South to republican revolution. Managed to hang onto life on *Portuguese support (one of the reasons for revolution was the Dynasty being seen as puppets of the *Portuguese and also the European Rivals of *Portugal providing support)
West, Green: Anti-European, nationalist republic. One of the three big factions of the original republic.
Middle coastal, Blue: Either a republic or a new monarchy, supported by a European power (probably *Aquitaine, but not completely sure). One of the three big factions of the original republic.
South, Green two shade: Scandinavian backed republic. One of the three big factions of the original republic.
Center, Pink and Teal: Warlords, playing three (or more) sides at the same time

(I now realize that *Aquitaine and *North Britan/Scotland-Ireland always seem to border each other. I somehow managed to make that a thing in 5 different continent. It really wasn't on purpose)

Very old Diamond map being updated to "modern times" for a request.

View attachment 637228
What's the premise for that?
View attachment 637665
Blue state bordering Ukraine is a Cossack state.
The blue state in Central Africa is an independent native state.
Chinese states are:
North, Orange/Brown three shade: Remnant of the most recent dynasty (Either Ming or some Native Chinese replacement, Qing stayed in Manchuria). Lost the South to republican revolution. Managed to hang onto life on *Portuguese support (one of the reasons for revolution was the Dynasty being seen as puppets of the *Portuguese and also the European Rivals of *Portugal providing support)
West, Green: Anti-European, nationalist republic. One of the three big factions of the original republic.
Middle coastal, Blue: Either a republic or a new monarchy, supported by a European power (probably *Aquitaine, but not completely sure). One of the three big factions of the original republic.
South, Green two shade: Scandinavian backed republic. One of the three big factions of the original republic.
Center, Pink and Teal: Warlords, playing three (or more) sides at the same time

(I now realize that *Aquitaine and *North Britan/Scotland-Ireland always seem to border each other. I somehow managed to make that a thing in 5 different continent. It really wasn't on purpose)
Wow, that Portugal is massive.

Wow, that Portugal is massive.

Being the first colonizer helped.

Thought perhaps I need to make this clear *Virginia, *South Africa and *Gabon are Saxon colonies not Portuguese. What is basically OTL's Spanish Colonial Empire + Northwestern India + *Victoria, Congo and that bit of Manchuria are Portuguese colonies however.

They definitely are the strongest power thought Scandinavia, Aquitaine and North Britain-Ireland are able to compete well enough.

Last edited:
Might actually be a good idea to go back and update all of the diamond maps, given how good they were for 2005-8. Did anyone ever make a comprehensive archive for them similar to that one someone did for Bruce's?

Might actually be a good idea to go back and update all of the diamond maps, given how good they were for 2005-8. Did anyone ever make a comprehensive archive for them similar to that one someone did for Bruce's?

I have a fair number of them saved. I'll make a thread for them.

I admit I haven't been as active on the site as of late, so I haven't been keeping up with that. I'll try to get that list back up to date.
I mean, it's not really like the thread has been moving all that much, so from what i remember there shouldn't be too many maps in there. At least, not as many as there were in map thread 5 or 6.

worldus3.png

Behold, my newest project: the United States of the World. Sort of a reboot of the World America project I worked on a while back (yes I borrowed a lot of borders). Currently done the 205 states and 3 territories of the New World.