WIP Map Thread

View attachment 636361
I feel like I found a decent enough solution for New France's native provinces, and otherwise it looks to me like the only things I've got left are Indonesia, a couple more Native American tribal confederacies, some inset maps for greater detail on particular regions*, numbered points of interest, and, maybe, a halfway decent writeup.

*Currently planning on covering New France (provinces, languages, and maybe something to do with political parties), administrative divisions of the Spanish and Swedish Empires, major states of the Holy Roman Empire, religions of Europe, and the height of the Fifth Monarchists' Revolt in 1667. Any other suggestions? I might want to have a closeup on the Pathan Empire or Bengal, or the Ethiopian Civil War, or some other pivotal moments in TTL's history, but I also kind of just want to finish this so I dunno.
This looks really really well, I highly appreciate the detail in the Colonial Spanish subdivisions

What would be the most realistic North America out of these four for a scenario where Henry V outlives Charles VI and becomes King of France as well as the UK?
View attachment 636470
1) The USA goes through with the Louisiana purchase after gaining independence.
2) The USA never gets Louisiana and there's big Canada.
3) A practically unified North America if the 13 Colonies never rebelled.
4) Practically the same as the first, but the USA gets some coastline, also blocking the British-French from the Mexican Californians (who in my tl aren't on each others good sides.
> Henry V, Charles VI
>>pod in 15th century
>>>otl usa, canada, mexico, texas

The answer is none of them.

View attachment 636361
I feel like I found a decent enough solution for New France's native provinces, and otherwise it looks to me like the only things I've got left are Indonesia, a couple more Native American tribal confederacies, some inset maps for greater detail on particular regions*, numbered points of interest, and, maybe, a halfway decent writeup.

*Currently planning on covering New France (provinces, languages, and maybe something to do with political parties), administrative divisions of the Spanish and Swedish Empires, major states of the Holy Roman Empire, religions of Europe, and the height of the Fifth Monarchists' Revolt in 1667. Any other suggestions? I might want to have a closeup on the Pathan Empire or Bengal, or the Ethiopian Civil War, or some other pivotal moments in TTL's history, but I also kind of just want to finish this so I dunno.
Love the detail put into Africa which typically gets sidelined in alt-history

What would be the most realistic North America out of these four for a scenario where Henry V outlives Charles VI and becomes King of France as well as the UK?
View attachment 636470
1) The USA goes through with the Louisiana purchase after gaining independence.
2) The USA never gets Louisiana and there's big Canada.
3) A practically unified North America if the 13 Colonies never rebelled.
4) Practically the same as the first, but the USA gets some coastline, also blocking the British-French from the Mexican Californians (who in my tl aren't on each others good sides.
The First or Second Ones. Although I personally think it would be even better if Florida (both halves) were either a part of Canada or another independent nation

Heres a WIP map of the world of the HOI4 mod Red Flood in 1936. However, its not finished yet as a lot of the borders are not exact. Can anyone help me with the borders so that they are more accurate to who they look in game?

1616812135525.png

thing 3.png

Continuation of my last post in the map thread.
Wanted to post since Europe was finished.

EDIT:
thing 4.png

Good progress in the Americas.

I have also decided to split the project into two maps.
Europe and South Africa (see the post in Map Thread) fit under "current map" category while these Americas will probably just be a reminder for who colonized where (Africa and Asia will also get "who colonized where" maps while Americas will get a "current map" style one. Or South Africa ITTL managed to become independent while colonial powers managed to keep a grip over the Americas)

Last edited:
I have been working on a koppen + urban areas map of Europe for the past few days. Here is the progress.

Attachments

• unfinish.png
    unfinish.png
    481 KB · Views: 236
1616920129558.png

The Bear Roars One Last Time

Russia wins the Russo-Japanese War (Don't ask). For fear of Russia, Britain stays out of the next war. Japan allies with the Germans and Austro-Hungarians against Russia and France. War breaks out and the Ottomans join against the Russians. Russia and France are defeated and Japan has its revenge; Germany gets its European and African empire; the Ottomans get a bit of time to modernize and survive; the Austro-Hungarians get a new lease on life; the British get to kick themselves for giving the Germans domination of Europe. One fears there will be another war soon. The year is 1930.

I still have to do a few things and I regret using this map template, but I thought I'd put what I had so far here.

Largely based off of this, though I'm branching out a little; there are some points I disagree with him on regarding Austria-Hungary. And probably some other things. I haven't seen it in months, but thought of it and decided to do a map.

Last edited:
thing.png

Still working on it (might make parts of the Americas and Africa (or more) independent later).

As can be seen the major colonizing powers are (thought it is generally more equal between main powers rather than one or two dominating and others playing 2nd fiddle like OTL kind of is) (also, names not final, just illustration purposes):
1. Portugal (having had the Columbus analogue ITTL)
2. Aquitaine (something of a Portugal analogue, colonizing vise)
3. Scandinavia (something of a Britain analogue)
4. North Britain
5. France (like the Dutch)
6. Saxony (might seem stronger than the French right now but the French will get Indonesia while Saxon expansion is pretty much final)
7. Adriatica (colony in East Africa is pretty much just a prestige thing)
8. Brittany-Wessex (small colonizer)
9. Galicia (small but very early colonizer)
10. South Italy (limited to North Africa)

Northwest North America will probably go to an Asian power (probably Japan) or might go to Portugal. Expanding Scandinavia to west is possible but I like the current western border its got.

India and Australia will probably mostly go to top 4. France and Galicia might get some bits too.

View attachment 637150

So this was an Inkscape project that I abandon.

This was based on The Alternate Historian's video, What if Russia won the Crimean war.

Basically, this Map was set after a Great War between the Western Democracy plus Italy and Prussia, Versus the Eastern Monarchs, Russia, Austria, the Ottomans, and Greece. Russia, Turkey, and Hungary fell onto the Communist revolution and Greece became a Far-Right military dictatorship.

It's a nice concept! Maybe you could do a more modest-scale version?