WIP Map Thread

Pogchamp

Banned
unknown.png

A successful 1860s Australia Republican revolt in an ongoing TL I'm working on. They largely have the horrible logistics, ongoing Indian Revolt, and Royal Navy Mutiny to thank for their independence.

Pogchamp

Banned
unknown.png

Working on Italy for the 1847 TL I'm working on. The Peninsula has yet to unify, mainly due to a lack of French support mixed with a stronger conservative presence.

One of the maps on my towering, tottering WIP stack is a redo of Tony Jones' "Monarchy World", with some modifications such as Prussia not being idiots and forming an alliance with the NEU countries. Now, to distinguish them as a group, I want a color scheme, and I initially went for shades of light orange to go with Dutch orange, but upon inspection it doesn't contrast enough with British pink. I want to use a color that will stand out from British pinks and dark low saturation reds as well as Russian dark greens and Chinese imperial bright greens: any suggestions?

This is Europe so far.

MonarchyMapSample.PNG

One of the maps on my towering, tottering WIP stack is a redo of Tony Jones' "Monarchy World", with some modifications such as Prussia not being idiots and forming an alliance with the NEU countries. Now, to distinguish them as a group, I want a color scheme, and I initially went for shades of light orange to go with Dutch orange, but upon inspection it doesn't contrast enough with British pink. I want to use a color that will stand out from British pinks and dark low saturation reds as well as Russian dark greens and Chinese imperial bright greens: any suggestions?

This is Europe so far.

View attachment 611905

Prussian/Swedish dark blues?

Prussian/Swedish dark blues?

Not sure: that would tend to make it look Prussian dominated, and I wanted to give the idea of a fairly equal partnership between the NEU and Prussia's wee North German Confederation [1]

[1] Wee by the standards of Monarchy world's mega-states.